WIP Original Table Cars - Lightning Edition WIP

MetaTed

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
High Speed
Please enjoy a little preview of my first table! If I can ever finish this one, hopefully there will be more to come ...

The game is designed for my 5-year old. That's why the outlanes don't drain and the gameplay will be simplistic.

I'm just getting started scripting the gameplay / lights / scoring / puppack, etc. It's a massive amount of work so progress is slow!

Happy to share a link to the table and puppack if anyone is interested in playing around with it and providing feedback.

Thanks to everyone on this forum who has helped me learn FP over the past few months!!

View attachment Cars WIP.mp4

Wow, pretty cool to see the extensive offroad lanes. I'm not sure I've seen those in a pin before.

Thanks Isaac. I wanted to build a custom ramp in blender and the scene with Doc and Lightning racing in the desert seemed like a perfect fit for a big orbit shot.

Please enjoy a little preview of my first table! If I can ever finish this one, hopefully there will be more to come ...

The game is designed for my 5-year old. That's why the outlanes don't drain and the gameplay will be simplistic.

I'm just getting started scripting the gameplay / lights / scoring / puppack, etc. It's a massive amount of work so progress is slow!

Happy to share a link to the table and puppack if anyone is interested in playing around with it and providing feedback.

Thanks to everyone on this forum who has helped me learn FP over the past few months!!

View attachment 40265

Very cool and love the theme! My son had CARS toys as well (many years ago).

Great first table and PuP-Pack!

if you made this for a 5 year old... I want to be 5 lol. very nice work, don't forget that a pinball machine is more or less 80% attracted by sound and light. in short it's my way of creating thank you

Yah, the plunger to canyon orbit to left ramp to outerlane to left flipper is neat and seamless. Cool way to add that.

if you made this for a 5 year old... I want to be 5 lol. very nice work, don't forget that a pinball machine is more or less 80% attracted by sound and light. in short it's my way of creating thank you
The deeper I get into this, the more I realize the importance of sound design in a good game.

The deeper I get into this, the more I realize the importance of sound design in a good game.

The most important thing outside of code and layout in my opinion.

It can completely change a game. the more callouts and sound effects and music you can use from the original movies... the better.

I have a method for you to extract the center channel of an MP4 5.1/7.1 rip of a movie. This can make callouts clean and much nicer. I used it for Silent Hill.

How to RIP voice overs for your table from a 5.1/7.1, etc video file.

For those who want to use clean isolated voice overs (from a movie / tv show video file) for their tables (so you don't have background music / effects)... you can always extract the 6+ channels of audio from a MKV / MP4 file (it must have 5.1 or more audio) to separate WAV files. You can then edit the CENTER channel in Audacity etc and clip the voice overs you want. Nice and clean. I did this for Silent Hill way back and its so much better than ripping/recording audio from the normal stereo/muxed video file with all channels of audio. Calling @JoePicasso... in case you were wondering @everyone

To do so... download "eac3to" and "Eac3to and More GUI" from here (I already had it installed from RipBotMKV):

Install them wherever you want... the run the GUI app.

Add your source file on the first tab.

Then select the same file with "Input Files" on the EAC3toAudio tab, then choose to output them to wavs (not wav!). Choose your filename. Then "Run Command Line (Tab Specific)". Wait patiently as the command line window process the files.

When it's done... you should have your separated audio channels ready to use! Use Audacity or your favorite audio editor... and you're good to go for clipping voiceovers!

1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png

View attachment 40265
This is so cool! I love the Cars theme and you have done a amazing job at sculpting the Cadillac Range rock work, Flo's diner and even Willy's Butte! I think I'm surprised not to see the waterfall! (but who wants water on their pinball table?)

I also like how you have incorporated the video segments for everything. Great job!

Thanks @madmrmax ! I really appreciate the feedback. I had intended to do a waterfall feature behind the bridge on the left sidewall, but then I realized you can hardly see any detail of that area in the cab view. I did however add a video of that Doc/Sally waterfall scene if you can whack the ball hard enough to roll up the rock wall and onto the bridge (also awards a nice jackpot in multi-ball), a very satisfying shot indeed!

Here's the latest update with a little "tour" of the table and some very poor gameplay ;)

I somehow made the right orbit to bridge shot and of course the video didn't play ... still trying to figure out how the puppack works!

Enjoy!

View attachment Cars WIP2.mp4

Thanks @madmrmax ! I really appreciate the feedback. I had intended to do a waterfall feature behind the bridge on the left sidewall, but then I realized you can hardly see any detail of that area in the cab view. I did however add a video of that Doc/Sally waterfall scene if you can whack the ball hard enough to roll up the rock wall and onto the bridge (also awards a nice jackpot in multi-ball), a very satisfying shot indeed!

Here's the latest update with a little "tour" of the table and some very poor gameplay ;)

I somehow made the right orbit to bridge shot and of course the video didn't play ... still trying to figure out how the puppack works!

Enjoy!

View attachment 40881

Love this!

Lighting and ray cast shadows look great. Love the use of moving toys and the Route66 spinner.

Sounds, music, lighting, pup.... it's all coming together nicely.

Check it out!

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: qinnuendo has left the room.
      Back