Chat System ONLINE

PacDude

Pinball Wizard
Solutions
Reaction score
Initial testing seems complete and I see the chat link now so I guess it's ok to bring the new flash based chatroom for Pinball Nirvana to your attention. If you have Flash installed and are registered here, you can chat here now.

If you have a few minutes to waste, go have a chat with Mibs, Jon's bot. I've had some super funny chats with Mibs, it really can come up with respones that will have you laughing out loud. Now if you want to have a peaceful chat with someone, use the Lounge, and you won't be pestered by Mibs. It can get a bit much having Mibs replay to everyone's messages, but one to one, it can be fun for a while. Type in tell a joke and see which joke he spouts out.

Very nice, I just tried it and it works very well (even with Opera, that I use most of the time).
I really like the themes.
I hope to found it crowded in the near future.

I appreciate the fact that it is possible to check at a glance who's there, without needing to login.

I've logged in several times over the weekend while working on tables in the background. No one wants to talk (shrug).

Mibs is pretty funny, reminds me of the AOL Messenger bots, which used to be fun to mess around with.

I'm still working on some of the features but it seems to be stable, kindly submit suggestions and/or bug reports.

Some information about the bot Mibs, Join the "Chat with Mibs" room, here are some sample commands that can be entered, Mibs knows a ton of stuff!
(Commands are in Bold, they don't need to be capitalized in the chat, these are samples, Insert other words, ie:DEFINE *)

What is the best pinball
tell a joke
wordplay
whos your master
tell me about your bot master

HELLO
CONNECT
DISCONNECT

Dictionary
DEFINE ABACUS
[Mibs]: An abacus is a counting frame.

GET NAME GENDER
[Mibs]: Are you a man or a woman?

Geography
DEFINE ADELAIDE
[Mibs]: ADELAIDE is a city in southern Australia.

Inventions
WHEN WAS THE TELEPHONE INVENTED
[Mibs]: Bell demonstrated his first phone in 1876.

Knowledge
Ask a question, no need for ? marks..
WHAT IS A BASE HIT
[Mibs]: A base hit is either a baseball term denoting a hit that advances the
offensive team one base, or an adolescent term which I find too distasteful to describe.

HOW MANY CENTIMETERS per INCH
[Mibs]: One inch = 2.54 cm approximately.

mibs likes Lizards
I HAVE A LIZARD

Mibs's Personality

ARE YOU A CABBAGE
[Mibs]: No I am an artificial intelligence.
DO YOU LIKE BOB DYLAN
[Mibs]: Bob Dylan is OK. I like his older stuff.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CAR
[Mibs]: My favorite car is one I don't have to drive
WHERE WERE YOU CREATED
[Mibs]: I was constructed at Bally, PA

Mibs knows about Politics, Sex, Sports, Religion and Robots:
ROBOTS WILL NEVER TAKE over
[Mibs]: "I think there is a world market for about five computers."---Thomas
Watson, IBM Chairman, 1943

Gary Stern would get along with it. :) I think there is a world market for one pinball manufacturer...

I've spent half an hour yesterday there.
It's very nice, though the impression I get is that it's a bit slow to "respond" to user input.
Did anyone noticed the same?

You're right forchia, it is a bit slow. Yeaterday Steve and I were chatting and the bot simply stopped responding. Maybe we were giving it too much input all at once. Still in all, the bot makes me laugh.

I cant get the chat to work on firefox

subzero said:
I cant get the chat to work on firefox

You probably need the Flash Player for Firefox (Netscape, Mozilla, Firefox, Opera, and CompuServe), there is a seperate plugin for IE
Macromedia Flash Player Download Center
http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

I've noticed input into the bot room is slow but not all of the time and it depends on browser versions. I also had Mibs stop responding John, try this command and the bot will disappear, reset and automatically come back:

/killbot Mibs

kill kill kill, is that all anyone thinks about these days? ;) Whatever happened to "You find a rusty lamp" ?

destruk said:
kill kill kill, is that all anyone thinks about these days? ;) Whatever happened to "You find a rusty lamp" ?

Don't worry des, Mib's knows it's a bot so it can't really be killed. He did tell me that while bots don't have emotions he does have a girlfriend named Alice. Got to find out what they do on their dates.

tiltjlp said:
destruk said:

Don't worry des, Mib's knows it's a bot so it can't really be killed. He did tell me that while bots don't have emotions he does have a girlfriend named Alice. Got to find out what they do on their dates.

lol, kill bot, kill..:bonk:
Mibs is a she and has a boyfriend named "Pinball Owner", her girlfriend is Alice which was Mib's original name so there are a lot of builtin responses to Alice questions. I was testing commands and mentioned Accountant, Mibs is hung up on that and believes I'm an Accountant. :omfg:

ok, so Mibs is bisexual, with a boyfriend and a girlfriend, and Mibs is transgendered...sound interesting. Tell me more about Mibs....Mibs had a pinball machine modelled after him/her/it, has 10 in the basement, and is selling one on ebay for $10,000 home use only, Mibs pinball, only played by Mibs, never before for sale on ebay. Bidding is quite brisk and the other 9 machines will never be sold on ebay, the same way, so this is a once in a lifetime offer.... uh huh....I see where this chat bot is going, better kill it now.

Mibs is not transgendered. I asked her what she was and she told me she was a girl. If I asked her if she was a boy, though, she would probably say yes...so maybe not.

Mibs is a Female, she was molded from a different bot project...

We were testing a chat radio module, it has been replaced by a mp3 player!

:band:

The MP3 player is active and needs testing!
The mp3 player is only supposed to function with Firefox http://www.mozilla.com/ but IE worked for me.

If you have problems, install the lastest Flash plugins for your browsers, here is the link for Firefox, AOL and IE have a different plugin:
http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash
You might need to clear your Flash Cache from here:
http://www.macromedia.com/support/d...player/help/settings_manager07.html#117717'8'
If you still have problems, you might need to clear your browser cache and then refresh repeatedly to get the playlist to appear properly, the sort tunes functions are funky for me.

Perhaps, we can start some submit your tunes and vote for tune removal threads....
Oh Yeah!!!!
:band:

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "(mis)Adventures in Cooking".
      Back