VPX Bally SS Recreation Cirqus Voltaire (Bally, 1997) VPX v1.1

No permission to download
Solid State Machines

NateMac00

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
NateMac00 submitted a new resource:

Cirqus Voltaire (Balley 1997) - Cirqus Voltaire (Balley 1997)

Table Created By: Knorr, ClarkKent, Randr, Dark
Download Backglass: Cirqus Voltaire B2S

This has been uploaded by someone other then the original creator for archive purpose. If this table is available somewhere else by the original creator, please leave a note below with a link and these files shall be removed at the creators request.

Note: Pinball Emporium media pack for this table...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks for the upload, Nate!

Table ownership transferred to RandR.

The Ringmaster isn't popping up after the ball hits the WOW and the DMD gets into ringmaster mode. I played on to see if it was just a visual glitch, but I can't defeat any ringmasters. It really isn't up.
Edit: Never mind. It worked after a restart. Thanks for your work!

Last edited:
Actually, after playing this today, I found that the Ringmaster head kept shaking and it wasn't registering my hits when it shakes (and it seldom stops shaking) and that's been a big problem... And the tops of the bumpers are missing for me.

But the physics seem to be really good.

Actually, after playing this today, I found that the Ringmaster head kept shaking and it wasn't registering my hits when it shakes (and it seldom stops shaking) and that's been a big problem... And the tops of the bumpers are missing for me.

But the physics seem to be really good.
Galloping guppies, that's a nice re-creation. oO I hadn't tried it before, but Knorr & co. did an amazing job!

So I tried it just now with VPX7.0 and the recommended ROM, and it seemed to play fine. My VPM install is quite old (2019), but I don't know if that would make any difference.

The ringmaster shake did seem really sensitive (very impressive really), but it settled down okay. It registered hits and let me complete the mode.

As for tops of the bumpers missing, they do seem designed to be quite translucent, like the included screenshot. Is it like that, or more of a strange graphics issue?

Either way, I'm guessing the first thing you might try is rebuilding the CFG & nvram files, and if that doesn't work, trying a different VPX version (sounds like the table was built with VPX6.x).

The bumper tops are supposed to be red in the original machine. I'm not sure if that's a graphical issue on the dev's end. I'm still new to Visual Pinball and only installed a bundle from somewhere, but I see a video on Youtube having the same problems. I have hit the Ringmaster more than 30 times and it only registered 2 of the hits due to it constantly shaking. I'll see if it runs well in VPX6.

Edit: Gave it a go and it seems to be registering the hits finally! Thanks! I just hope it stays that way cause sometimes I'll get weird things that only happen once.

Last edited:
@Tangentg,
The bumper tops are supposed to be red in the original machine. I'm not sure if that's a graphical issue on the dev's end.

Ah, I double-dog checked it, and you're totally right. So-- clearly the devs changed the bump caps to be translucent in this case. (again, look at the release screenie)

Still, if it really bothers you that much, easiest thing would be just to copy the bump cap graphics from a more authentic edition of the table. As a newcomer to VP, that would be a simple and effective little mod you could do to take the power in to your own hands. For example, start by finding your preferred red bump caps here:

I have hit the Ringmaster more than 30 times and it only registered 2 of the hits due to it constantly shaking. I'll see if it runs well in VPX6. ... Edit: Gave it a go and it seems to be registering the hits finally! Thanks! I just hope it stays that way cause sometimes I'll get weird things that only happen once.

Hope it keeps behaving, but if not, remember my advice, above.

For example, within your VP-MAME folder you should see subfolders named CFG and NVRAM. Go in to each respectively and delete the CV files, which in this case should look like "cv_20h" or similar.

Now run the table again, let it start up, then hit F3. Close the virtual coin door if necessary by hitting the "END" key on your keyboard. Now see how the ringmaster behaves.

Let us know how it goes, yeah? TBH, something's weird if it can't run in VPX7.0, which is a totally stable release AFAIK.

I'm not so sure that is necessarily intended... I see lots of release screenshots and gameplay videos showing bugs that the devs didn't notice. I thought it was weird because I could see the ring going down as the ball hits the bumper, like the top is just missing rather than translucent (and you'd think it'd have been translucent red) and lots of tables I've downloaded have missing flippers or missing objects...

And as for taking things into my own hands, first I still need to learn how to get rid of the 20 error messages every time I start a pinball table, so I'm not sure if i'm really good enough to edit in any bumpers without a step-by-step guide.

But thanks for your guide on the cv_20h part. Might be a while before I have the time to test it again, but I'll refer back here if I run into more ringmaster issues.

@Tangentg
Yeah, there's definitely something up with your install. Maybe you're missing some of the core scripts, I don't know. Next time you run in to an issue, be sure to start a new thread in VP's help section.

As for the Ringmaster, it's pretty much the core feature the whole table's built around, so I'd be blown away if the devs missed implementing it properly. Most likely if you get the core stuff resolved (as above), the table should behave much better. Cheers.

When I said ring I was referring to the bumper rings.

Just tried streaming this game to a friend. Restarted the game 2 times. Still the ringmaster keeps shaking and the hits don't register, and it's on VPX 6.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: HZR has posted a new reply in the thread "Complete list of VB commands".
      Back