JonPurpleHaze

Site Nudger
Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Drop-A-Card
Currently Pinball Nirvana is storing Conversation Attachments that go back to May 2020 and I don't think this is necessary.

These files could be zip files, tables, images, movies or almost anything really, if you use the Conversation system to communicate with other Users we plan to only store 60 days of these attachments starting on 6/1/2024. The conversations themselves won't be deleted only the attachments!

Kindly delete any conversation attachments that were uploaded and that are no longer relevant.
If a conversation attachment is valuable to you, I'd suggest that you download them prior to 6/1 and before they are 60 days old going forward.

Thank You!
:salut:

Last edited:
Currently Pinball Nirvana is storing Conversation Attachments that go back to May 2020 and I don't think this is necessary.

These files could be zip files, tables, images, movies or almost anything really, if you use the Conversation system to communicate with other Users we plan to only store 60 days of these attachments starting on 6/1/2024. The conversations themselves won't be deleted only the attachments!

Kindly delete any conversation attachments that were uploaded and that are no longer relevant.
If a conversation attachment is valuable to you, I'd suggest that you download them prior to 6/1 and before they are 60 days old going forward.

Thank You!
:salut:
Does that include images that have been pasted into a message? That can be a big issue for folks who have pasted in images of settings into a thread for example.

I assume it's a cost thing, no?

Does that include images that have been pasted into a message?
I am not sure about the pasted Images, but to be safe, it would be wise to make a copy of the ones you deem important.

That can be a big issue for folks who have pasted in images of settings into a thread for example.

This only effects Private Conversation Attachments, so no other threads will be effected.

I can guarantee it has nothing to do with costs, as the site owner has constantly upgraded this site with new and innovative add ons, and never once asked for money. He has went above and beyond, to make this site the best it can be for all of the members here.
It more than likely has to do with storage, and or keeping the speed of site pages fast. (Page loading and such.)

Does that include images that have been pasted into a message? That can be a big issue for folks who have pasted in images of settings into a thread for example.

Sorry about not explaining this properly, this only concerns Conversation attachments (no forum posts or threads), these are usually posted by using the Attach Files button in a private conversation but anything pasted from a computer is also included. Links to files don't count.

I'm just trying to reduce storage space used by probably a bunch of files that are no longer relevant, anyone can send me a Conversation if they would like exceptions. We currently don't have problems with space but I've been looking into offsite email and storage options that work seamlessly with the software and would have additional costs involved in the future.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: hellrzr2k1 has left the room.
      Back