SS Cosmic Princess (Leisure & Allied Industries, 1979) New Machine

Solid State Machines

Rossco

Inserted Coin
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Cosmic Princess
Hi all - I have just bought an old pinball machine - Cosmic Princess. It is complete but it won't start a new game. I insert coins and the credit comes up and I start the game but the ball doesn't pop out. Flippers work and everything, and I can hand-start the game but when the ball goes to the bottom, the plastic targets in a row buzz and some stay up but it keeps going through the reset cycle. Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks in advance. Rossco

Attachments

• IPDB.JPG
    IPDB.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
I thought Cosmic Princess was Bally?

Thanks very much faralos - that is a great help to start me off. I'm still trying to work out why the drop targets keep resetting and the ball doesn't start play. If I manually start it then all works fine until the ball goes out of play. Quite frustrating...

here ya' go the complete english manual from the IPDB website
http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/3967/Stern_1979_Cosmic_Princess_Manual.pdf
hope it helps even a little bit
and if you type in the name of any pin on the site
http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl
chances are you'll find a plethora of stuff you can use
the only pins not covered are Gottliebs as they don't put the manuals up from a gottlieb pin due to "copyright infringement"
which is really just complete bullshit

it was built by a lone company in Aussie

Attachments

• cosmic.JPG
    cosmic.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 256
I stand corrected, but I should have said Stern because it reminds me of Galaxy. That's what I was thinking.

cosmic princess! you know, i feel kind of randy when i hear that name.

I actually had one as a NPC (non player character for you non gamers out there)
when I ran my gaming system years ago

I actually had one as a NPC (non player character for you non gamers out there)
when I ran my gaming system years ago
haha, awesome.

side note-- i've always thought that email / forum threads would be a cool modern way to conduct a RPG campaign.

playing through a program can be ultra-routine as most of us prolly know, but a live, unpredictable GM could be pretty badass, i'm thinking.

when I ran my system it was kinda' open ended in that
I let my mages create their own spells providing they told me how and what
components it used after the first time they no longer needed the physical stuff
but still had to 'meditate' to pull it off! I made up a custom skill sheet
that had certain properties tied into class/races you had to roll on almost anything
from getting onto a horse to field medicine to starting a fire to cartography reading
I uploaded it in case one of you guys want to use it for your games
I also had Spelljamming cruisers!
and I know that there exists online dice rolling programs that we could use
okay a 'freakability' was a vice that you had to endure
you could get 'over it' by rolling against it every other turn
but if you flunked the roll that affliction showed itself usually at the worst times
oh that skill sheet was used with a D100 not two die tens to make the rolls much more interesting!

Attachments

• skill sheet.jpg
    skill sheet.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 245
I am doing up a Cosmic Princess at the moment. Still have sand back and respay the Cabinet and fix the MPU board (battery corrosion). Plus mine doesn't have sound yet.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: qinnuendo has left the room.
      Back