Cover Girl (Keeney, 1947)

EM Recreation FP Cover Girl (Keeney, 1947) v1.0

No permission to download
Electro-Mechanical Machines
Future Pinball
I like your suggestions but they're beyond what I'm willing to do on this table. Maybe someone else can get that done.

I did not know that expression.. But if I understand it right then, to be blunt, FP was so different in the way we approached it regarding on how to play that we got accustomed to that and now, it's not like that anymore. Maybe it's just this; it is familiar, it's pinball, but not FP pinball...

I like your suggestions but they're beyond what I'm willing to do on this table. Maybe someone else can get that done.

I did not know that expression.. But if I understand it right then, to be blunt, FP was so different in the way we approached it regarding on how to play that we got accustomed to that and now, it's not like that anymore. Maybe it's just this; it is familiar, it's pinball, but not FP pinball...
Yeap, understood. It's really more of a general idea that all future early-EM makers might use.

I've seen @druadic use that idea on his flipperless games, and always thought it a clever solution.

I agree about why the expression seems to work in this case. It's probably a good sign really, because it indicates significant progress. Meaning, it's probably expected.

I'll try to get back to Seawitch, go with the T4 flippers, and see if I can do the drop catches and stuff. I used to love doing drop catches in real life!

I have an updated t4 version already if you want to wait a bit. These last days i've done nothing really regarding FP but I will release an(other) :D update of Seawitch with those flippers (at least).

New version

Digital nudge is simply not good enough. I need to find the time to stick the KL25Z on my control panel permanently and get back to this table. Until then, it is what it is.

I'm just posting before release so you guys can see there there are abnormal crashes or something out of place that can be quickly repaired that might not be happening for me (just because FP is a bit moody :D)

@AnonTet,
The table crashed at first, likely because I had some leftover settings from a previous test. When I bumped up the bit-depth settings and enabled GLSL shaders, all was well.

In future, you might think about lengthening the bottom 'baton-flipper' in order to help make the game more fun. Somewhere around ~25% seems promising. I know that wouldn't be authentic, but it's near-enough that I'm thinking the purists wouldn't mind.

I knew I forgot something. It was mentioned before and I did want to do that. Thanks for the reminder.

/edit
Good enough? I'll leave both versions in the table so you can flipper7 and flipper8 (need to change both) between models Fipper-T7 (short) and Flipper-T7-Long (I'll leave this one as default...)

New table.Cover Girl (Keeney '47) v1.2-DFv2.png

Last edited:
Definitely more fun!

That said, for the first time I ran in to some strange behavior with the bottom (two) flippers. The first caused the table to halt, with the attached error.

Next time, a ball got stuck in the middle of one of the ends of the bottom flippers. I think if I'd stopped flipping, the ball would have stayed there. Unfortunately I was 'in the zone' and noticed too late to take a screenie.

I've no idea if this is caused by the longer flippers or the fact that there's two flippers doing the work of one. I also tried to recreate the scenario with the manual ball roller, but couldn't get an error or the same ball-sticking.

Maybe just release the game and see if anyone else has these problems?

Attachments

• CG error flip7 overflow.jpg
    CG error flip7 overflow.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 33
I have never seen that error, I mean the "overflow" thing, in any table.

And I just found a bug that was supposed to be corrected... Can't release just yet :(

/edit
Got that ball stuck in the flipper end bug and I can replicate it. But if it is what I think it is, I will not be able to correct it. So I'm going to try the other solution and pray... 5m

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back