Daytona and Rocky's Tomorrow !!!!

Rick2007

Pinball Wizard
Solutions
Reaction score
Well, tomorrow I will be going to Daytona for the Dual 150's.

The biggest news around the track (FOOD WISE) for me is the big Switch,,, Pepsi is OUT,,,
,,,,and Coke is now KING. That switch is very welcomed by me since I don't like the taste of Pepsi.

Of course there are lots of NASCAR changes this year.
There is one change sure to cause more than a few wrecks.

The cars are now trying to limit spring travel to keep them as low to the track as possible. This means that when a car hits a few bumps (in turn 3 and 4) they get loose. At 188 mph that means trouble. Only the best drivers have been able to handle this new setup.
(I sit just beyond turn 4,,,)

The ARCA Race was a Crash Fest.
I think that the spring thing was a factor.

The more experienced Sprint Cup drivers did better than the ARCA drivers in the Bud Shootout.

Please post your thoughts about NASCAR 2009.

NOW,,,, ON TO ROCKY'S REPLAY

I called Rocky's tonight to make sure that they were still alive.
Yes,,I talked to a live body. I asked about the pinball tables.

Dateline 2/11/09 I was told that they still have 4 working tables.

Wheel of Fortune
Shrek ???? spelling
Batman
AND YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!FAMILY GUY

I will be playing all 4 Tables tomorrow around 7 PM EST. !!!!!!

I will report back. My wife wants to take pictures of both Daytona
and Rocky's.

Maybe I will post a few pics if anyone is interested. YES???? NO????

Rick:pint::cheers:

Rick,
Have a great time at Daytona! I will be cheering for Mark Martin this Sunday.

Coke or Pepsi. Neither have been the same since the switch to fructose. The original Coke used six teaspoons of whole sugar (like Kleen-Raw/Turbinado, etc.) per serving and in the good old days the sugar gave it the deep molasses-like flavor.
I hear that Mexican Coke (for sale South of the border)still uses whole sugar, but they add all kinds of artificial preservatives to it (bisulfites, etc.) that are not added to the U.S. version apart from the metallic-tasting Phosphoric Acid found in both versions, that I wouldn't touch it.

Hi! Rick i hope you enjoyed Rocky's, i see you didn't mention Indiana Jones what happened is it broken or did they get rid of it. I spent some time on that table also. I loved the Arc of the covenent multi-ball, it's too bad if you don't get to play it. But maybe when the S.A.M. system gets emulated on the computer you can play that one then. Along with C.S.I, "24", World poker tour, Pirates of the caribean, Spiderman, and any other table that comes out in the future. I do hope you loved playing Family Guy i like it because it is funny and a lot of fun to play, along with Shrek pretty much the same reason very funny and also funto play. Batman was pretty cool i had fun playing it, but the sound was down on it and i had a hard time enjoying it with low sound, pinball machines need the voices and music it keeps you on your toes. Thats also what i liked about Indiana Jones the sound and movies on the dot matrix were very good. And last but not least i really enjoyed Wheel of fortune, i didn't think i would but i found myself putting more coins in it then i expected too, i liked the pinball layout on Wheel of fortune. Well i have to get going i spent the day at lifelink right next to Tampa General, they went over my kidney transplant procedure that i will have someday, it will be awhile probably before i get a kidney but i'll be spending a lot of time at lifelink before the transplant happens. We got up at 4:00 am and it is now 10:51 pm so i'm going to bed. And yes post those pictures of Daytona and Rocky's and also let me now what you think of the pinball machines and the arcade machines because they had some good arcade machines their too. So goodnight talk to you later, Dave P.

Coke or Pepsi. Neither have been the same since the switch to fructose. The original Coke used six teaspoons of whole sugar (like Kleen-Raw/Turbinado, etc.) per serving and in the good old days the sugar gave it the deep molasses-like flavor.
I hear that Mexican Coke (for sale South of the border)still uses whole sugar, but they add all kinds of artificial preservatives to it (bisulfites, etc.) that are not added to the U.S. version apart from the metallic-tasting Phosphoric Acid found in both versions, that I wouldn't touch it.

Sleepy, good old Original coke in an Ice cold glass bottle was the best. I think the
recipe was changed when they started using plastic bottles. Some of my
friends used to swear to me that coke in a glass bottle is still the old taste, but I doubt it.:sob:

Hi! Rick i hope you enjoyed Rocky's, i see you didn't mention Indiana Jones what happened is it broken or did they get rid of it. I spent some time on that table also. I loved the Arc of the covenent multi-ball, it's too bad if you don't get to play it. But maybe when the S.A.M. system gets emulated on the computer you can play that one then. Along with C.S.I, "24", World poker tour, Pirates of the caribean, Spiderman, and any other table that comes out in the future. I do hope you loved playing Family Guy i like it because it is funny and a lot of fun to play, along with Shrek pretty much the same reason very funny and also funto play. Batman was pretty cool i had fun playing it, but the sound was down on it and i had a hard time enjoying it with low sound, pinball machines need the voices and music it keeps you on your toes. Thats also what i liked about Indiana Jones the sound and movies on the dot matrix were very good. And last but not least i really enjoyed Wheel of fortune, i didn't think i would but i found myself putting more coins in it then i expected too, i liked the pinball layout on Wheel of fortune. Well i have to get going i spent the day at lifelink right next to Tampa General, they went over my kidney transplant procedure that i will have someday, it will be awhile probably before i get a kidney but i'll be spending a lot of time at lifelink before the transplant happens. We got up at 4:00 am and it is now 10:51 pm so i'm going to bed. And yes post those pictures of Daytona and Rocky's and also let me now what you think of the pinball machines and the arcade machines because they had some good arcade machines their too. So goodnight talk to you later, Dave P.

Hey Panootz, Rocky's Replay was quite the fun experience.
Thanks for posting about it. Yes Indiana Jones was broken, sad to
see space dedicated to only 5 tables and have a broken table wasting space.

When I first arrived I talked to the manager. He told me how things worked with the token machines etc. I pumped in a $5 dollar bill and then headed straight for the pinball tables with a fist full of tokens.
Both Family Guy and Batman were taken, so I went to play
Wheel of Fortune. I have never played any of these tables so it was
all much fun for me. The first thing that I noticed was how the ball
picked up some drastic "English spin" off of the rubbers. The tables
I am used to playing have been the old school tables. That did not happen
on the tables I usually play. Wheel was "mucho funnnno".

I then saw Family Guy was open so I played it and won a replay,
Then moved on to Batman and was really blown away by this
ultra cool pinball game. Lots of flashing lights and cool mechanical
stuff on this table. After suffering an almost total sensory meltdown
while playing Batman,, I stumbled over to Shrek to play yet another
fun pinball table,, and Yes I won yet another replay.

Then I took a break from pinball and played a few cool pistol/ rifle style shooting games. The wife was starting to get really bored so I suggested that we find a game that she would like to play. Way in the back of
the arcade was "HER GAME". It was a Basket Ball shooting type game.
For 50 cents (2 tokens) You could try and shoot baskets for 60 seconds.
She loved this game,,,and as it turns out kicked my ass !!!!
We both left Rocky's Replay with smiles on our faces....:joy::joy:

What a Great and Fun end to our Daytona Day Trip !!!!!!!!

Thanks again Panootz for posting about Rocky's.

PS I didn't want to have my picture taken at Rocky's because
I was worn out from a day at the races,,, but strangely enough
while I was playing Shrek someone started taking pictures of
the Batman table. HMMMMMM,,, A VP Pinball Person?????????
I did not ask. I probably should have.:idea:

Yes show us some pics please ! ;)

you had mentioned a 'Daytona' pin. IS this based on Nascar or just the generic daytona track? I've yet to see a pin with the Nascar drivers as the theme! that would be cool ( my roommate and his wife are from Nashville, Tennessee and are both avid Nascar fans so I am starting to like it) and that race last week was cool! out of 28 cars i think about 12 made it across the finish line! what a mess, course it's tougher now that they can't practice on the big tracks during the off season due to the economy! and turn 4 was murder, with so many seasoned drivers losing it there, even Earnhardt jr, biting it, due to getting clobbered by another car, he was trailing the pack, and still got taken out! anyhow, YES please post some pics of the daytona pin for us!

I watched the Duels and my boy Jr. came in 7th, after suffering a blistered tire. Those COTs just have no front bite, the aeropush is worse than last year, and they still won't roll in the corners. I noticed how a few of the cars were "turkey walking" up the track. The last thing you need is a car climbing the hill on you at 190 mph. Or in Ryan Newman's case, a David Reutimann behind you. As for Kyle Busch, I still can't stand the little prick. Can't help it, I'm a proud member of Earnhardt Nation. Busch is going to get someone killed with his style of driving. I'm hoping that we have a good race this year with the Daytona 500. I'd love to see Jr. win his second, but its wishful thinking.

i agree busch sux! In this household we all agree someone should push him into a wall, show him what it feels like! hedrives like he just doesn't care at all, cutting people off and just being rude and dangerous! hopefully someone will get wise and just go thru him! maybe pull a 'Talledega Nights' move on him, (you know, multiple barrel rolls!)

Kinda like we saw at Texas last year with Michael McDowell during qualifying. Talk about scary!! The way he hit that wall was so reminiscent of Dale Earnhardt. Even DW (Darrell Waltrip) said that he "had never seen a (car) hit (the wall) so hard in his life". Watching that sent my heart up into my throat until I watched McDowell walk away. As for Busch, maybe we should send Jimmy Spencer to give him some free dental work like he gave Kurt Busch at Richmond back in '94. :boxing:

you had mentioned a 'Daytona' pin. IS this based on Nascar or just the generic daytona track? I've yet to see a pin with the Nascar drivers as the theme! that would be cool ( my roommate and his wife are from Nashville, Tennessee and are both avid Nascar fans so I am starting to like it) and that race last week was cool! out of 28 cars i think about 12 made it across the finish line! what a mess, course it's tougher now that they can't practice on the big tracks during the off season due to the economy! and turn 4 was murder, with so many seasoned drivers losing it there, even Earnhardt jr, biting it, due to getting clobbered by another car, he was trailing the pack, and still got taken out! anyhow, YES please post some pics of the daytona pin for us!

faralos, there is a really fun NASCAR Table out there some where. Smilies :smile::rockon::special::verysad: :wave:
I will try to find it.
After You play the table a really fun song about NASCAR plays. I know that
I have it on a disk somewhere in my "GAME CLOSET"
It is a Hill Bill sounding song, but it is perfect for the table.

Do any of You have it? The song is very old school NASCAR funny.
The song mixes the names of many NASCAR Heroes.

Rick

I watched the Duels and my boy Jr. came in 7th, after suffering a blistered tire. Those COTs just have no front bite, the aeropush is worse than last year, and they still won't roll in the corners. I noticed how a few of the cars were "turkey walking" up the track. The last thing you need is a car climbing the hill on you at 190 mph. Or in Ryan Newman's case, a David Reutimann behind you. As for Kyle Busch, I still can't stand the little prick. Can't help it, I'm a proud member of Earnhardt Nation. Busch is going to get someone killed with his style of driving. I'm hoping that we have a good race this year with the Daytona 500. I'd love to see Jr. win his second, but its wishful thinking.

Hey Tomcat,,,Some Yes's ....and some,,Hmmmmmmmmm,,,,,Noooooo's,,,,

I agree with you about the COT,,,,,,,,,They still suck. I did like
the old Aeropush,,,, I know that it was a problem for the drivers,,,
but it was fun to watch.

Regarding "turkey walking" I think that limiting the spring travel
this year contributes to the turkey walk.

OK, DALE JR. I want to see him succeed and possibly win a
Championship, for some reason I don't think that he is up
to the challenge. And Kyle IS a little Prick!!!,,,,, but in my opinion
the best wheel man this or last year. ( IT HURTS TO ADMIT THIS!)

Rick:roll::roll:

Hi Rick, How are you doing my father doesn't go to Daytona but he goes to Seebring every year and gets to drive his corvette on the track, he says it's a lot of fun, i forget when it is but it's comming up soon. I just like playing racing games on my X-box 360, i'm not much into watching racing, except when i was younger i loved watching Paul Nueman drive in lime rock in conneticut is was stock car racing. So anyway you loved Rocky's i'm glad i told you about it, and i'm also glad it was still their. It's a bummer you didn't get to play Indiana Jones, I was a good game not great but very good. I loved Batman to i just for some reason got bored of it fast, and i don't know why. Family Guy, Shrek, and Wheel of fortune kept me quite entertained played a lot of those. I also played some video games too when i was their i wish we had a place like that around here, i would be careful not to spend too much money. I wish we'd get a Dave and Busters i here their fun places, Well i must be going i'm glad you had fun yesterday, and maybe you'll be able to do it next year to, you never know. Well goodnight talk to you soon. Dave P.

Hey Tomcat,,,Some Yes's ....and some,,Hmmmmmmmmm,,,,,Noooooo's,,,,

I agree with you about the COT,,,,,,,,,They still suck. I did like
the old Aeropush,,,, I know that it was a problem for the drivers,,,
but it was fun to watch.

Regarding "turkey walking" I think that limiting the spring travel
this year contributes to the turkey walk.

OK, DALE JR. I want to see him succeed and possibly win a
Championship, for some reason I don't think that he is up
to the challenge. And Kyle IS a little Prick!!!,,,,, but in my opinion
the best wheel man this or last year. ( IT HURTS TO ADMIT THIS!)

Rick:roll::roll:

Yeah, it would be nice if Dale gets to succeed - somehow think there are too many factors against this happening. Track buddies for one!

And as for Kyle ..... I detest the little shit almost as much as Jeff Gordon who totally freaks me out.

There ya go.

Shall be watching live tomorrow. :)

Direct tv needs to boast the driver audio on there free NASCAR Hot Pass.

Okay, I watched the race, it was good except for one little thing, BRIAN VICKERS!! Where in the hell does that asshole get off blocking Junior and then blaming him for that wreck? All Junior did was try to blend back into traffic and that SOB kept blocking him and Junior caught him in the end. Now all of NASCARdom wants to dump on him, WTF? What, was Junior supposed to stay down and lose position and control of the car on the apron? According to NASCAR rules, you cannot go beyond the yellow line to advance your position and if you do go beyond the line, you are supposed to blend back into traffic. That's what Junior did and Vickers wouldn't let him, so he got what he was asking for, albeit incidental because of Vicker's stupidity. If a guy gets a run on you and there's 75 laps left, LET HIM GO!! Apparently, he has the better car than you and there's still plenty of racing left. Its Daytona, for God's sake!! Anything can happen and it usually does. You can make that lap back up. There are plenty more yellow flags where the first one came from. And as for Busch opening his yap, he just needs to get a can of "Get Right" and STFU!!! And Burton has no room to talk either. Like Junior said today, "If anyone has a problem with me, come to my trailer and we'll discuss it there". Spoken just like an Earnhardt, Dale Sr. wouldn't have taken it. And neither should Junior. Maybe this will light that fire under him. And maybe the other drivers should watch what they wish for, they just might get something they really don't want in Junior showing his dad's mentality. Even though its overdue. :yes:

Okay, I watched the race, it was good except for one little thing, BRIAN VICKERS!! Where in the hell does that asshole get off blocking Junior and then blaming him for that wreck? All Junior did was try to blend back into traffic and that SOB kept blocking him and Junior caught him in the end. Now all of NASCARdom wants to dump on him, WTF? What, was Junior supposed to stay down and lose position and control of the car on the apron? According to NASCAR rules, you cannot go beyond the yellow line to advance your position and if you do go beyond the line, you are supposed to blend back into traffic. That's what Junior did and Vickers wouldn't let him, so he got what he was asking for, albeit incidental because of Vicker's stupidity. If a guy gets a run on you and there's 75 laps left, LET HIM GO!! Apparently, he has the better car than you and there's still plenty of racing left. Its Daytona, for God's sake!! Anything can happen and it usually does. You can make that lap back up. There are plenty more yellow flags where the first one came from. And as for Busch opening his yap, he just needs to get a can of "Get Right" and STFU!!! And Burton has no room to talk either. Like Junior said today, "If anyone has a problem with me, come to my trailer and we'll discuss it there". Spoken just like an Earnhardt, Dale Sr. wouldn't have taken it. And neither should Junior. Maybe this will light that fire under him. And maybe the other drivers should watch what they wish for, they just might get something they really don't want in Junior showing his dad's mentality. Even though its overdue. :yes:

In the"After Crash" Interview Jr. was Pissed,
and was talking a mile a minute.
Brian had a similar interview.
I watched the crash replay about 30 times. I now think that the whole thing was good old fashion racing. Brian tried to block, and Jr. missed blending back in by a hair. The rain was coming and both drivers wanted the "LUCKY DOG" position if I remember correctly.

If Jr. had the better car then, Yes, let him pass.
At Daytona who knows who has the better car? It seems to change
from lap to lap. I don't blame either driver for the wreck. It was racing.

This just might be the race that gets Jr. focused again. It would be a
nice start if he could make a good pit stop on occasion.

Busch and Burton can tend to be blowhards at times so I only tune in
to their rants when I need a good laugh.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the last half of the race.
Daytona and Talladega are my favorite races to watch.

Hmmmm,,, Then there is Bristol, Atlanta, The 2 Road races,
Michigan, Martinsville,,,,ETC,,,,,,I Love NASCAR

Rick :pint: :joy:

Oh I cannot bear Bristol ... or any short track for that matter. Accelerate, brake, accelerate, brake, avoid crash ...... repeat for the duration. No it's not for me. But the larger tracks ... oh yesee.

Bad for Jr too. I was watching live when that asswipe blocked and blocked. Should be a rule against it. Oh there is ..... well use it then and black flag his sorry ass. Rant over.

:)

I still remember what Dale Sr. once said about Bristol.... "Take four kegs of TNT, put one in each turn, tie the fuses together, light them and walk away....". That was funny as hell.

... and it's true :trippy:

Any One Remember what Tony Stewart Said about Bristol?
He wanted to fill the Infield with water and turn it into a Bass Fishing Pond.
Any track that drivers hate,,,, I LOVE...:)

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Wolfkell is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back