Williams Dealer's Choice (Williams, 1973) Score not working.

rcard53762

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Dealers Choice
I have a dealers Choice 4 player pinball.
None of the scores register points.

There is a relay on back of the score board that is buzzing and getting too hot to touch.

There is an image of the relay attached.

Everything except the score seems to work.

Where do I start?

Attachments

• Dealers Choice.jpg
    Dealers Choice.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 200
I don't see a relay in this photo. 1 match unit ... 1 credit unit 0 ... relays ?

Dealers Choice

Its a solenoid not a relay I guess.

The blue green thing in the middle of the photo.

Sorry I am new to pinball machines.

Everything works except the scores dont count up on any player.
You can play the game but the score never counts.

The scores will reset to zero at the start of the game if you manually put a score on the unit by turning the wheels by hand.

Remove all playfield plastics and check all the switchs for any closed switchs. Adjust gaps if needed. Can you post a pic of the relay that hums.

I'm having some trouble with the online schematic. Can you find the index location for the match unit coil? I picked up this tidbit > The image of your match unit mentions it is pulsed by 10 point relay scoring activity. I will try one more time to locate the coil. Does your manual give coil locations index info?

P>S> It looks like the match advance coil is in parallel with the medium chime . It makes sense a stuck 10 point switch, or short in that circuit, could be at fault. Is the medium chime energized ?

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Free Bally! has left the room.
      Back