Demolition Man (Williams, 1994) VP8

VP8 Williams SS Recreation Demolition Man (Williams, 1994) VP8 v2.3 2020-01-28

No permission to download
Solid State Machines

Jamin7474

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
I'm hoping the revision number is correct to avoid confusion like with Roadshow. I lost all my WIPs in a HD crash and couldn't remember what the previous release was at.

Like Roadshow still some things I would like to improve on but playabilitywise I'd say its complete just some touchups and wall blockages to help with the looks but can come in a future update.

As for the few places of gameplay that need attention:
1. In playtesting it I've only had it fly off the sideramp very rarely. I put an error kicker in the spot it has gone all 3 times.
2. Have had the ball get stuck in the acmag ramp area but a nudge or 2 gets it to come free. That one has only happened a few times also.
3. I did do something last night that I haven't done on any previous version playtesting also. During multiball I hit 2 balls in succession up the super jackpot ramp and into the elevator kicker. It seems that I need to look into how to implement that as a ballstack of some sort as it held the second ball until multiball was over and it went into its ballsearch mode and then it kicked a ball out of the claw release and the game continued from there.

All in all I like how this version plays especially with very few dropwalls its performance has improved quite a bit where before it would get bogged down during multiballs.

Coming soon...Monster Bash (just started on it though).

Thanks for the release Jamin!

A close up version of Monster Bash would be nice to have. :rockon:

Can anyone please advise which specific rom is required for this table? I get a rom error and have downloaded all of them. Much appreciated.

whoops i should have made it use the regular rom instead of the home rom. You can either get the home rom from ipdb.org, the h-6 set (will have to rename the file from whatever it is there (think its some real long name) to dm_h6.zip

or you can go into the script and down at line41 or so there'll be a section with constants for rom names. Comment (put a ' at the start of the line) the const gname="dm_h6" and uncomment whichever line for rom you wish to use (delete the ' at the start of the line), then save the table. dm_lx4 is what is used in most retail machines. dm_h5 would be the regular home rom with no swearing etc. And looks like px5 and pa2 will need lx4 downloaded anyway as parent rom.

Demolition Man

Please folks where may I get a working Rom for D Man ?I tried IPD but when I download a rom it does not download in a zip file for some reason,If you feel real generous can some kind soul please send a working rom [email protected] ? Many thanks !!!

Thank YOU !

Thank you I have received the rom from a very kind soul,all the best folks.....:p\'n\'l:

roms

Hello and thanks Jamin. I have tried the change of name for the rom but I still get the error. I will have to try the second option you offered.

Jamin,
Ive noticed 2 things, if i may...

1-the bonus buttons dont work at times during the certain bonus modes...

2-the "capture simon" mode is not working at all...the crane will not drop the ball to start the mode at all...

Can you please check in these 2 matters, please??? Are you possibly missing some scripting, OR switches in the scripting?? PLEASE, let me know as soon as you can...:):)

Thanks in Advance!!!
Richard.
( [email protected] )

ya for some reason the magnet doesn't want to let go when the claw is in the far right position. Its got 2 other claw positions that give Capture Simon release though so go all the way over to the right and tap it left 1 or 2 spots and it'll start Capture Simon.
I will change it to where Capture Simon is the four positions right now each has 3 with acmag having 4 available so if i change it to positions 0-4 for Capture simon it'll make all awards have 3 available release positions.
I was also thinking of doubling the amount of mech positions the claw has. My previous version had 6 and i increased it to 15 and it runs a bit rough. I think the elvecomte version that was at AJ's had 28 positions or something like that and i remember that claw ran rather smoothly.

Added to download section is version 2.31 Only changed where the ball is released when choosing claw award. Position 0 (all the way to the right) still doesn't let the ball go but there's an extra position for Capture Simon giving it 3 possible instead of the previous 2.
Also added a couple of walls near the flippers that aid in passing the ball. I usually like to set metal/plastic as .1 elasticity so a ball doesn't seem to bounce off and rubber as .5 so the ball seems to bounce off. Going for a pass the ball would come back down and hit the wall of .1 where it should really hit the flipper again and bounce over better.

Oops sorry for those that downloaded 2.31 need to redownload it...in my rush to get back to finishing Hook I forgot to adjust the reel that displays which claw award is given when you release it out of the magnet. Or you can go into the script yourself and change it to look like (starts at line 560).

case 0 : careel.image="blank"
case 1 : careel.image="careel":careel.setvalue 0
case 2 : careel.setvalue 0
case 3 : careel.setvalue 0
case 4 : careel.setvalue 1
case 5 : careel.setvalue 1
case 6 : careel.setvalue 1
case 7 : careel.setvalue 2
case 8 : careel.setvalue 2
case 9 : careel.setvalue 2
case 10 : careel.setvalue 3
case 11 : careel.setvalue 3
case 12 : careel.setvalue 3
case 13 : careel.setvalue 4
case 14 : careel.setvalue 4
case 15 : careel.setvalue 4

Last edited:
Jamin,
It is still not working at all...I still cannot get the *capture simon* mode to work...

Any ideas???

Richard.

Really? i dunno whats up then. Maybe let me know what you do when you've got the ball in the claw how do you go about choosing the award. For me I let it pick up the ball and starts its movement back to the left. Then I hit the right flipper key and move it all the way over to the right (can't let it go there though) then i tap the left flipper key until i see the claw move back to the left and it still saying Capture Simon and not Super Jets then i hit the plunger key to let it go (there's usually time left) but if its all the way over to the right its gonna take it over to acmag when the time runs out but if its at least 1 spot over to the left from that far right position even if time runs out its gonna award whichever you're on. I guess the claw is a bit jerky at times but once I got used to it its been easy. Hope we can get this worked out for you.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: JonPurpleHaze has posted a new reply in the thread "What music are you listening to?".
      Back