Dolly Parton (Bally, 1979) VP8

VP8 Bally SS Recreation Dolly Parton - JP v5.2 JP 2020-01-28

No permission to download
Solid State Machines

jpsalas

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Here it is my version of Dolly Parton, based on the table by Bally from 1979.

Notes about the table:

- The table is available just now here at Pinball Nirvana.

- Thanks to all who helped me: wtiger for its pictures, kristian for suggesting the table, testing and pictures, and fatdog and Deep Stuff for making the backdrops. And of course to Inkochnito for his dip switch sub.

- The table uses the 7 digit ROM bootleg and the link to this ROM is at the download link.

- The table slope is at 6 at default since the table was a little too fast for the standard 7.5 I use on my tables.

- I recommend you to hit F6 the first time you run the table to setup some basic settings: like the Match, the viewing of the credits and the 7 digits support. Hit F3 when ready.

- More notes? I'm empty of ideas of what to write now :) so just download the table if you like those older pinballs.

JP

Attachments

• dolly_parton_jp_v10_104.jpg
    dolly_parton_jp_v10_104.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 360
I love the look of it! Another fantastic job restoring a Golden Oldie. I gotta admit, I do miss the "Here You Come Again" chimes. In fact, after testing and resetting each of the sound options under F6, I still only come up with what sounds like burps and farts. Not that that isn't bad, I'm just not sure what Dolly would say! :wink: :wink: I know they worked under the old Rom version and they are desperately needed here. It's like Disco Fever without the "banana" flippers (which, frankly, would be a herald of the coming Apocalypse).

Hey rub651:

With all the old Bally's you need to have "Use samples" enabled in the Pinmame configuration (press F1 and be sure the use samples is marked). You also need the Bally samples in you sample directory, go to http://www.pinmame.com/ and download the zip file with the Bally samples.

JP

Thanks, JP! The "Use samples" box was what I was missing. Works perfect now. Again, another great job on this one!

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze: Ok, keep in touch!
      Back