e-mail notification

yogiholzer

Pinball Wizard
Solutions
Reaction score
I seem to discover that I only get e-mail notification on the first reply on a ( first ) post I do. None of following. Is that right ? Just wondering. So I miss some answers sometimes ?

Upvote 0
What's about this?

I just browsed through these forums and found a few threads I would have replied if I ever got notice of reply of someone else. But there wasn't any notification. Now I don't want to reply anymore.

How about? Is it a wanted feature or an error here or in forum? I mostly only look at new posts and don't remember where I wrote anything.

yogiholzer said:
What's about this?

I just browsed through these forums and found a few threads I would have replied if I ever got notice of reply of someone else. But there wasn't any notification. Now I don't want to reply anymore.

How about? Is it a wanted feature or an error here or in forum? I mostly only look at new posts and don't remember where I wrote anything.

Yogi, Jon posted this in the Admin forum, so I'll repost it here for you. Hope it helps.

from yogi:

Quote:
I seem to discover that I only get e-mail notification on the first reply on a ( first ) post I do. None of following. Is that right ? Just wondering. So I miss some answers sometimes ?

This is normal if i understand his question properly, the cookie for topic reply notification is reset when a user logs in, if he reads a reply without logging in he won't be notified of new replys.

So it seems you have to log in every time you visit here or that feature doesn't work.

John

tiltjlp said:
Yogi, Jon posted this in the Admin forum, so I'll repost it here for you. Hope it helps.

from yogi:

Quote:

This is normal if i understand his question properly, the cookie for topic reply notification is reset when a user logs in, if he reads a reply without logging in he won't be notified of new replys.

So it seems you have to log in every time you visit here or that feature doesn't work.

John

Thanks John!

I'd add the feature works exactly as it should,.....the settings are a cookie on the users computer.
:safesofa:

I logged in every time!

I will see if it works now after the new windows installation I had to do here from other reasons.

Me again.

I understand and as posted above, the cookie for topic reply notification should be reset each time I log in. I log in every time. But I don't get any notification. I have "accept cookies" enabled.

As it works at VPF and VPOH/T-RAW and elsewhere, I would think it's an error here.

Example: Independant of the content of the post (don't care about), I didn't get notification here from yesterday to today:

http://www.pinballnirvana.com/index...start=30&sid=6b5b820cbbdd7c61149f637c8c4666ce

Hi yogiholzer,

Your settings for the forums look ok to me, and from what i understand you are receiving some email about topic replies. I don't really know what the problem is, it's not a problem with your email or junk mail settings if you do receive some email.

You may subscribe to topics in PNphpBB2. When a topic you are subscribed to is replied to, an email will be sent to the email address that your username is registered to. The email will contain a link to the topic that has been replied to. You will only receive one email per topic until the next time you log in to the board.

Can you look at this thread and let me know what image you see:
You are not watching topic image:
topic_watch.gif

You are watching topic image:
topic_unwatch.gif

Post Options: "Notify me when a reply is posted", make sure this is checked.

I didn't get notification of your last answer. I come to PN from my booksmarks. Status on the left, on top right of this thread, and my profile settings (sorry, but sequence of pics isn't in my hand, I added starting from 1, then 2, then 3):

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 889
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 851
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 863
"Notify me when a reply is posted" is always checked automatically? I don't use "post reply" always, but sometimes "quick reply". Does that make the difference?

Edit: Just have seen the check box at the left of "quick reply" and it's checked.

Your settings for the forum and thread look fine, do you ever receive email like the following from PN?

Topic Reply Notification - e-mail notification
Hello,

You are receiving this email because you are watching the topic, "e-mail notification" at Pinball Nirvana. This topic has received a reply since your last visit. You can use the following link to view the replies made, no more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic.

http://www.pinballnirvana.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=8504#8504

The last one I got was on Santa Claus 2005, means 06.12.2005.

In case you don't believe, here are my latests notifications from today and yesterday (from VPF):

Attachments

• 1_441.jpg
    1_441.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 876
I believe you yogi!
I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem but you can help me figure this out.

There are a few things you can check:

Did you change your email address, I'll send you a test email thru Pinball Nirvana right now. Go To the link on the upper left, "My Account" / "Edit your information" and make sure your email address is correct.

You might not see the email from Pinball Nirvana if you have spam filtering turned on, i don't know too much about the junk mail programs but take a look at your local and ISP's settings.

It also could be a problem with your cookie settings, you might want to try and delete cookies from PinballNirvana (AND Flipperless.com), the forums use a prefix of "phpbb2".

your email address is fine,

I noticed that the "From:" and "Reply To:" email headers were empty with Topic Replies, although the sender info appears, this might be activating junk mail filters so i changed a file to see if it works for you.

My email address should be ok. It didn't change. And I didn't change it in profile.

I don't use spam filter from Thunderbird. I don't use any junk mail program. I didn't configure isp settings regarding emails.

I just deleted 5 or 6 cookies (PN). No cookies there from flipperless.

Aaaaahhhh. I just got an first email notification (other thread) again. Does it work again now?

Then there must have been one or more "bad" cookies from PN. I didn't know that could happen.

I will observe and hope all is ok from now on.

Thanks for your efforts so far, Jon.

yogiholzer

yogiholzer said:
Aaaaahhhh. I just got an first email notification (other thread) again. Does it work again now?

Then there must have been one or more "bad" cookies from PN. I didn't know that could happen.

I will observe and hope all is ok from now on.

Thanks for your efforts so far, Jon.

yogiholzer

Excellent!

I made some other changes to the system and am not sure if the cookies were the problem.

This site works, please fix that. ;)

Pacdude said:
What worked?

It!? :lol:

And "it" worked a second time.

@destruk: My "he" still works.:elephant: There is nothing to fix. :yikes:

yogiholzer said:
Pacdude said:
What worked?

It!? :lol:

And "it" worked a second time.

@destruk: My "he" still works.:elephant: There is nothing to fix. :yikes:

Please don't call Pinball Nirvana "it" as you might hurt its feelings. :p

Either I can't express what I mean, or nobody wants to understand for some reasons. :lol:

In case (I don't believe) anyone really doesn't understand, "it" means e-mail notification. :cry:

Please keep patient with me in talking in english. :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, I hate forums in my own language, where you can't post one single time without any response like: "Learn german before you post here." from people who don't manage german at all and probably wouldn't get certificate in tree nursery.

yogiholzer said:
Either I can't express what I mean, or nobody wants to understand for some reasons. :lol:

In case (I don't believe) anyone really doesn't understand, "it" means e-mail notification. :cry:

Please keep patient with me in talking in english. :D

However, I hate forums in my own language, where you can't post one single time without any response like: "Learn german before you post here." from people who don't manage german at all and probably wouldn't get certificate in tree nursery.

I can't imagine anyone didn't know what you meant, they're just having fun with you Yogi, because you're so likeable. You talk English a lot better than some Americans I know. So everybody stop picking on my friend Yogi. :evil:

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: HZR has posted a new reply in the thread "Complete list of VB commands".
      Back