Bally Solved Eight Ball (Bally, 1977) ball-loading kicker and lights

spag256

Inserted Coin
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
eightball
I turned on my eightball machine and the kicker that loads the ball to the plunger is not working also the all the bulbs that light my backglass are now out,can someone offer advice?

Turn the game off/ unplug. Take the backglass off and swing open the door to reveal the circuit boards. Push in on the chips that fit into other chips on the boards with your thumb. (Not too gently but not too hard). You will hear a crackling sound, this is normal as one set of prongs are being pushed into another a little tighter. You can't hurt anything unless you crack the board. Sometimes you get a little corroision in the prongs of the chips and pushing it in a little gives a better connection. Also, take the white edge connectors off the boards and put them back on once or twice, the same thing happens to the pins on these connectors. Again you can't hurt anything unless you break something but these connectors aren't nearly as delicate as say Ipod connectors. (Like everything else they were just made better in those days). With multiple problems this could be the cause, with a single problem it is likely related to the problem you are having(ex. flipper not working/fix flippercoil). I used to service most of these games for my dad's buisness when I was a kid. This technique has fixed many games but it won't hurt anything.:pint::cheers:

RE

First things first, check all your connectors. Unplug and re-seat them. It is very possible whatever caused the blown fuse also blew out a transistor on the board causing the kicker not to work. Or it could of been the locked on kicker that caused the blown fuse. Check the transistor that drives the kicker coil.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: bud_666nir has left the room.
      Back