Bally Solved Eight Ball (Bally, 1977) Outhole kicker stuck on

spag256

Inserted Coin
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
eightball
The outhole kicker was working intermittently,I sometimes had to hit the flippers to get the next ball in play. I tried to adjust the leaf switch and now the kicker activates when I turn the power on and begins to overheat. What is the problem?

Hopefully it is still that switch out of adjustment. Look for bad fishpaper insulator or other parts of switch shorting. Try sticking a business card between those contacts and see if the coil still fires. What Eightball game are you working on.

good ideas from coil smoke. this is prob. the same ss pin from an earlier post. it sounds like the switch contacts are adjusted closed. adjust the switch blades again so that the contacts just barely touch ( gap of 1/16 ) . you can also try cleaning the contacts with a folded business card. put card between contacts , push on short blade and wipe contacts a few times. gold contacts used in ss games must not be filed it ruins them. if contacts were filed or worn out the switch wont work all the time, like using vibration from flippers to make work. bad switches can fixed by changing the blades and gold points. medium or light thickness blades prob. are best for this app.(the thickest blades are used for flipper and EOS switches) and the gold points i solder them in , its easier than peening the pin over. make sure correct wires get soldered back on to the correct blades because there is prob. a diode that has polarity is inline with this switch.

new switch

Is it possible to obtain a new leaf switch, I've looked on line but can't find one that looks like mine. The one from my machine has a top leaf with paper in between the next leaf followed by a larger leaf with a small leaf under that. I have a 1979 bally eightball.

Hey Spag256,
I am unable to locate the correct part number for the Outhole Kicker Leaf switch at this time. However, I will look at my Eight Ball machine tonight as well as see if I have a used switch still attached to an old Eight ball PF I have that is just for parts.

Checked my machine last evening, I didn't notice ANYTHING special or different about the Outhole leaf switch than any other leaf switch on this machine, besides the bends of the rollover wire. I don't have the original switch from the outhole location (on my spare 8-ball playfield) however I do have a spare of most of the other leaf switches. I'm willing to send you 1 or 2 of the used switches. Your call...

switch

I figured out it was a bad transistor on the solenoid board. The switch is good. Thanks for the offer and the help.

Solution
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Free Bally! has left the room.
      Back