Expaned resourses

tiltjlp

PN co-founder
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flying Trapeze 1934
I'll be adding move tutorials and support files to Pinball Nirvana over the next week or so. Please add your own, and anouce them here. Anything VP or VPM related is needed. If you add anything which you did not create, make sure you have permission. Recent additions include PacDude's Light System Demo and The Visual Guide.

tiltjlp

Just added a Modeling Guide, a listing of Object Settings, and a short article about resizing various objects. All are in Tutorials and Support Files.

John

I agree Panda. Eventually if I collect enough stuff, something might get through my thick skull. I keep hoping that the saying about not being able to teach an old dog new tricks isn't true, but I'm starting to think it probabaly is.

John

Visual PinMAME 1.50 has been added to the Essential Files folder.

John

Besides finishing up adding 793 flipperless and early EM images, I've also added 148 flat of mearly flat playfield and BG images. Most are flipperless or early flipperless EMs, but there are some early flippered EMs included. You can check them out here.

http://pinballnirvana.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&album=41

There are some more flat and nearly flat images scattered among the Flipperless & Early EM section, but I tried to combine as many as I could togerther. As of now, we have 3,235 images in our Gallery. I'm working on scanning and cropping Trade Stimulators and Counter Games, which I'll be adding a bit at a time.

A stroll through our Gallery is well worth your time, I think, since we have some 1880s games, 119 Mini Pins, and an assortment of odds and ends.

John

I've spent the last few nights adding more Trade Stimulators and Counter Games to our Image Gallery. All told, we now have 3419 images, and 233 of them are Trade Stimulators, with at least 150 more left to scan, crop, and upload.

What I find interesting about trade stimulators is the wide variety of styles and themes, as well as how many games are similar. The adage the "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" is very true in coin-op devices, and doubly so with TS. And unlike Payout games, which tried their best NOT to pay out, TS always offered a prize of some sort. The most common prizes were cigars, drinks, gum, and store credit.

So, if you have a few minutes to spare, why not check out some of the trade stimulators, which ranges from homemade and ugly as can be to hand-crafted works of art. Many have their actual names, but many I have given names that seemed to fit,

http://pinballnirvana.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&album=25

John

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: Poor Man's Pinball Podcast has posted a new reply in the thread "Poor Man's Pinball Podcast".
      Back