Fantastic Surprise!

Flying Dutchman

Flying Dutchman
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Medieval Madness / Champion Pub
Early this week I was in the UK - Reading where all of a sudden I stood eye-to-eye with a REAL pinball machine!

'The Simpsons Pinball Party' Stern. I have never had the pleasure to play a real one.
As much as I like JPSalas & Groni's virtual version, this IS different from it!

Needless to say I was pasted down to the cabinet all evening & night!
The machine was not the cleanest but everything was in good working order and it played nice and fast!

If anyone is in the neighborhood, please go to:
The Purple Turtle
9 Gun Street
Reading
Berkshire
RG1 2JR
I definitely go back there for doing more business, that's for sure!

Please see pics below ..

Attachments

• Reading - 13 January 2009 - Purple Turtle.jpg
    Reading - 13 January 2009 - Purple Turtle.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 374
  • Reading - 13 January 2009 (3).jpg
    Reading - 13 January 2009 (3).jpg
    572.6 KB · Views: 419
  • Reading - 13 January 2009 (4).jpg
    Reading - 13 January 2009 (4).jpg
    744.6 KB · Views: 393
  • Reading - 13 January 2009 (2).jpg
    Reading - 13 January 2009 (2).jpg
    579.2 KB · Views: 384
  • Reading - 13 January 2009 (5).jpg
    Reading - 13 January 2009 (5).jpg
    531.8 KB · Views: 385
the purple turtle huh? what kind of shop is it? it looks like a cafe or a coffee house. If it was in Vancouver I'd say it was a head shop! nice pin, a little grungy but a pin's a pin! did ya' get the high score?

It's NOT a coffeeshop (it's England remember ;) ).
It's a 'rock-cafe' => good rock music from the '70-'80-'90. :guitar:
But main thing: A Pin !

Unfortunately no highscore .. a cpl. of replays though!

so England has NO coffee shops? I know tea reigns king (queen?) there, but NO COFFEE? None? man I'd go nuts there... looks to be a cool place, we don't have anything like that where I live. Either the little shops are actually bars, or they are the 'biblethumper' shops (christian/Catholic things and such)

Now THAT'S a coffee shop! a little caffeine and a LOT of cannabis! great! now I just need to find a way to get there. I knew that certain areas of canada allowed for pot, but Toronto? that I didn't know! woohoo! now if we could only find a way to bring that kind of mentality to the United States!

bob, there were some kind of fruit machines but I'm not really into it.. I was focussed on one thing ! ;)

faralos .. I grew up with it, with it always being there .. if it's a normal thing, you don't even look at it .. never did anything to me.
That's why I don't think it's bad to <style></style>legalize it .. take it out of the 'criminal scene'. My opinion ..

Yogiholzer .. Germany shouldn't be so bad or ..

Last edited:
Yogi .. Germany shouldn't be so bad or ..

Concerning cannabis and hashish: I don't care as I don't comsume. Cigarettes and beer fulfil my personal needs. In Germany it's not legalized, but many people comsume anyway.

In Germany coffee-shop really means coffeehouse/café.

:pint:

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Mauma is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back