Favorite Pinball Machine
Good old EM
Well........ All is in the title...

Back to Gottlieb and drop targets... Far Out - 1974

Thanks to Patrick to let me take pics.

Avalaible at IRPinball main section.

Great Week

Great week.
On saturday morning I 've gone to the 2006 Vierzon pinball show.
On saturday evening, the PSG wins the french soccer cup.
And today Popotte finished the Far out, using images of my true one.

Thanks Popotte for all your high quality work.

Attachments

• fondecranfinale800.jpg
    fondecranfinale800.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 966
I was in Vierzon Friday evening, all Saturday and Sunday morning... Don't see you... :shock:

I tried to see you but we were not at the same place at the same moment and i just stay in Vierzon on saturday from 11 am to 3 Pm. Then i come back to Paris for the PSG final.

I was surprised to see a virtual pinball, but it seems not realistic.
I was also surprised to see 3 pachislo on sale but at a price x3 or x5 than in UK, Belgium and US.

The expo was better than past years: many old pinballs in great condition, 2 ship mates, a Hayburners and several flipperless like these ones.

Attachments

• flippless1.jpg
    flippless1.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 957
Thanks for release,popotte.
Looks stunning. :thumleft:
And plays too.

thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you... :)
It looks really good. I still think that FP needs to improve the ball physics, but I guess it is only a matter of time.

Wonderful work on Far Out popotte. I played this game a lot when I was in high school, and your version seems to play just the way I remember. I even turned the score over on my 2nd game. Thanks loads.

My new v1.00 version is now avalaible at IRPinball, main section...

Far Out Man :afro: :rasta:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

By the way, are the ball physics any better now, that's what stops me playing FP.

DS

Ball physics are a little better, but still have a ways to go. On older EMs like this one, the games are fairly accurate. On originals intended to have faster ball movement the games still are sluggish. Since you enjoy these EMs, you might think about giving it another try.

I just wanted to see how the table looks in VP, since the one in IRPinball by Patrick has very poor graphics. I have not written the script, just the graphics. I just did it out of curiosity, and even without GI lights it looks very good.

JP

Attachments

• fp_vs_vp.jpg
    fp_vs_vp.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 833
jpsalas said:
I just wanted to see how the table looks in VP, since the one in IRPinball by Patrick has very poor graphics. I have not written the script, just the graphics. I just did it out of curiosity, and even without GI lights it looks very good.

JP
JP,

do you take my pics (no problem...) and inject them into VP?
As, maybe, I'll recreate tables never done under VP, it's maybe a solution to have less work to do... (I'm a little lazzy...).

Yes, popotte, I just took a few pictures of your table and used them in VP. It was just a test to see how it looked. I had to reduce the resolution of the pictures to the half to fit it in VP (from 1024x2048 to 1024x1024). But still it looks good. I'm not going to recreate the table, I just was curious to see the difference between FP and VP.

JP,

If the VP version of the Far Out is better with new graphics, why not upload a new version as update of my version and add your name as author.

I think that when something may be better, it is interresting for all the community.

Patrick

nb: I am going in week-end for 3 days without internet.

Ok, then I'll take the pictures from your table, popotte, and I'll take the script from your table for VP, patrick. I'll mix both :). I'll add GI lights and some animation and I'll send you both a PM with the link. This way you may download it and try it for yourself. Just now the table I made was just the restult of a few hours with VP, the script was just the standard script from a new table and none of the lights or switches had a name, so it will take some time to get something playable.

JP

A new job: FP-VP (or VP-FP) mixer... :shock: :D

Hello Popotte and Patrick:

Here it is a picture of my table so far. I'm working on the script now. I could not use the old script since there are too many changes I want to do, animations and son on, but the rules of the table are based on both tables. I see that there are some small changes in the starting lights and how to get bonus and special. They are very small variations so I made some compromises and I took 50% from each table. The graphics are also nearly ready (only the upper lanes need some finishing). The sounds are in place, and since I do not remember how it sounded (it's abou 30 years since I played that table) I just added some good EM sounds.

Here is the picture:

http://home.no.net/jpsalas/FarOut_jpsalas_VP_RC1.jpg

I'll send you a PM with the link to the table when it's ready.

JP

Thanks for your work.

I imagine that it is not easy to use my script because it was one of my first VP table and perhaps not optimized. But I know the exact rules because i have one true Far Out at home.

Patrick

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: JonPurpleHaze has posted a new reply in the thread "What music are you listening to?".
      Back