Flipper Techniques (tricks) in Future Pinball

Sorry Nitro for not having you in the discussion until now , you had talked about stepping back

It is true Terry , George , Rav and I have been involved in DFv2 and I recently worked on an adjustable trajectory correction code with Jlou as part of it .

I think this is a step forward

DF1 works great for what is but this tries to implement more dynamic features than simply omega correction.

I asked Anontet to make a video to help get the word out and as you have ben an excellent modder I encourage you to check it out thoroughly

I value all of you . Please don’t step on each other's toes

Last edited:
Great way to try and keep this conversation civil Gimli!
I appreciate it.
You ALL are great for this community, and are role models in my eyes.
Keep up the great work!!

Great way to try and keep this conversation civil Gimli!
I appreciate it.
Keep up the great work!!
My words are actually true and not just pleasantries. I’ve worked with all these dudes at least a little.

Sometimes working in the trenches our nerves get a little jangled and we start canablizing each other

I take the blame on this derail. Apologies shouldn't be asked for but avoided, still, my apologies to all that had to read this.

There are days where that little thing is just about enough of what you can take but I have to eat my own words too. Glass ceilings...

Thanks for calling to reason Gimli.

Well... the good thing about letting steam out it that steam evaporates quickly.

...and to clarify... I have created nothing new for physics. I just took examples and what I've learned for DF1 from Gimli, George, rav, etc and used them in my releases (and used that to create a simple tutorial... on the same day George happened to make one, lol). I'm the last person who likes dealing with physics.

There is always the difference of what some consider realistic vs what some consider fun... and for some people... only realism is fun... for others realism can make a table much harder and is not as fun.

As for building on FP and VPX... everyone has their preferences. FP's "editor" is certainly out of date (as is VPX's) and there are some things it lacks compared to VP... but man... I would rather create on FP-BAM any day over creating on VPX. Every time I updated a VPX table, or helped others with their mods / updates... it was so frustrating to be so limited in so many ways. That said... in the end they both serve specific needs for different people... and it's a good thing they both exist.

As per request of @Isaac Sauvage new video on 1st post.

My video editing skills are lacking...
For those interested, OpenShot is small and easier to work with than KDEnlive but on Windows is still lacking. And it crashed too...
And more importantly, for some reason, GPU accelerated rendering is missing on windows?! No excuse...

Best free option that most use is OBS for recording gameplay... and it supports nvidia hardware encoding without needing to have Geforce Experience installed. It's what I use to record all my gameplay videos.

Recording in 60 fps really shows off pinball gameplay nicely.

I know Terry. And I would even record at 144Hz... but I have a problem with available space.

I'm juggling for months now. I'm using my 128GB old SSD where OS and software is so it's tight.

Ironic of me complaining about space when I have a RAID6 16TB "drive" but that's the way it is :\

Thanks, AnonTet!

Is there some good open-source video editing software anyone would recommend? I seem to recall using AvidMuc or something, but it's been years.

I'd like to add some fade-ins and outs and maybe some black space to break the shots up, to see if you like it.

For a while ... a long time ago, I used Lightworks. Seems that to start with, it's still free. probably very limited in effects now or render time I assume. My account has been long gone.

But try KDEnlive. https://kdenlive.org/en/download/ (Download-en - Kdenlive) Standalone version is only 85MB (zipped of course) No need to install!

If I am also included in your "You ALL", I thank you very much my friend @xenonph , but I take this opportunity to thank you,for and say something....if I can...but without prolonging myself much with the risk of creating "language barrier" problems for someone, or worse that this thread is also closed.

I state that we are all like brothers here in the Gopinball community, and as happens even in the best brothers' families they can have quarrels, over useless things like money, property, inheritance and so on.

I value all of you . Please don’t step on each other's toes
I'm so sorry Bob, if I take this phrase of yours (which I love very much) as an example to say my thoughts to xenonph

for me, the biggest problem is not so much the language barrier, but how a speech or a question is interpreted, and since both nitro and I are people we in Italy say so "without hairs on the tongue" you understand this way of saying,my friend xenonph?
and therefore if a question or one's own thought is misinterpreted by the person concerned about his work, such as tables, projects and anything else you want, misunderstandings can arise.

but that does not mean that a person is classified as the ones I just want to create problems.....it's clear what I'm saying my friend xenonph?

Last edited:
Sounds good!

Okay, trying it now. Windows firewall is triggered when it runs. Any idea what it's wanting to go to the Net for?
No idea. I haven't used in a long time.
But it is also rare for a program commercially available to not "call home" nowadays. Even if only for checking it's registration.

@Paolo

Here the saying goes as "Sem papas na lingua". So allow me to say, you are also pressuring the issue.

Language barrier leads to misinterpretation. I told you once, it happens even with people who speak the same language.

But in this case it had nothing to do with that as anyone can read.

@AnonTet

I just expressed my thoughts to xenonph, why do you feel the need to answer me? I have mentioned xenonph several times, not you!

and I keep telling you that "the language barrier" is just your problem if you feel the need to respond even if not called into question,this was one of the reasons why I gave up learning to understand your df2,and therefore that I abandoned, as soon as I noticed that you have opened another dedicated thread in private.

in my opinion you misinterpret certain topics exposed ... and yes I want to tell you with the utmost respect, topics exposed by people like me and nitro(in this topic) to make a example.

in my opinion you also write a little badly also, don't be offended if I tell you , you use "you" a lot incorrectly, you should correct yourself in writing "you", in the sense if you want to say a "you" addressed as to everyone, or to a "you" addressed to a single person,as you just wrote above and that I quote below......in English the verb "you" must be specified, whether it is singular or prural.
So allow me to say, you are also pressuring the issue.
is that "you" addressed to me? I think so, because you called me @Paolo

And what am I supposed to do now, am I supposed to answer? saying "what pressuring the issue" do I put on the matter? but what are you talking about or what are you referring to.? now you will tell me that I have language barrier problems?
what does this mean this......."So allow me to say, you are also pressuring the issue" with that "you" suspect.......

and what do you mean by this phrase here below?
But in this case it had nothing to do with that as anyone can read.
when I don't understand a thing, I say it and ask.

Last edited:
It's in plain sight to read.

It's in plain sight to read.
yes it certainly is.......but I do not want to continue, friends more than before, and despite everything congratulations for your df2.....your in plural, i.e. you and Lou, and I believe Gimli too now!

When something is to be released freely, it's not yours it's public. It'll be used, modified and hopefully improved no matter what.

Without DFv1 and advances before we would NOT be here. Same can be said to every author out there that thankfully, kept FP alive against a very difficult crowd I might add. YOU are included in this lot so I'm thanking you too.

BTW, when does DL comes out? I'm still regretting not buying the real own when I could :(

It'll be used, modified and hopefully improved no matter what.
I wish so, and I wish you/Lou/Gimli/Rav so......and for those who worked on it!
I don't know if I have to thank the df2, because it was the topic that made me get closer to the site again, and forgot the bitterness for that quarrel, and you know what I mean.......but I'm not 100% happy!
YOU are included in this lot so I'm thanking you too.
Thank you, but mine was a challenge, it started back in 2011 I met FP, and I fell in love with it, and my stubbornness made me create something, although I did not know what a code was, I learned (and still to this day), I have had a lot of help from wonderful people from the Gopinball community..

when does DL comes out?
DL is finished for a very long time, not even published it on Pinsim, so as not to feed it to the VPD site, which takes the tables and post them without permission..... DL cost me a lot of time and my brain melted, almost like in Batman, that's why I didn't publish it.
I know you too have made DL possible, with your help in the rules, and in some code, and even popotte, but for now I do not publish it for the moment, I could send you the table for your personal use only, but I would do a disservice to whoever helped me.

sorry for this!

I don't need to be credited for DL Paolo. Seriously. I just had fun playing to learn everything about the table. I also learned a bit along the way so I still win.

That VPD $#%#$%& is ruining everything. I'm familiar with the problem and again, I do understand authors/creators frustration. I did not know it was because of that... no words really for what that guy is.

I'll wait for the table. I'll play it when the time comes.

Regarding your comeback, no one ever really wanted you to leave. I have this conviction. As said above, we're bound to head bang every now and then. Just normal... Like in families :)

PS: you're not the only stubborn here. I guess that's already established by now so take comfort in that you are not alone in this :D

I don't need to be credited for DL Paolo. Seriously.
for me who puts even a simple light bulb in my table deserves credit,and you can see it in almost all my releases.
That VPD $#%#$%& is ruining everything. I'm familiar with the problem and again, I do understand authors/creators frustration. I did not know it was because of that... no words really for what that guy is.
in fact the writing you see in my last tables is for this very reason
Cattura88.JPG
"someone else" has interpreted it in an absurd way, but it is very clear what is written.

Regarding your comeback, no one ever really wanted you to leave. I have this conviction. As said above, we're bound to head bang every now and then. Just normal... Like in families :)
I'm sorry if I say this....(in black) I'm a guy, what I think I say, I'm a guy who "not have hairs on the tongue" you are right, nobody from the Gopinball community, we are all friends, but someone from this site, wanted it,and perhaps still today.

I'll wait for the table. I'll play it when the time comes.
ok, here is a video that should show you that the table is finished, if you remember the rules well, you will see that almost everything is as it should compared to the real one, obviously this is a virtual, and therefore there is something of my personal way.

the video lasts 5 minutes, I apologize if it is not very clear, but you should understand what happens

Whatever was said and done, it's now water under the bridge. Proof is that you are still here and that's awesome.

Regarding DL, now I want to play it even more :D thanks for the video

I will have to revise the rules and scoring as I can't remember everything.

I actually like that ball texture for a change! Contrasts really well with the playfield an the theme. The lighting is awesome, the sounds seem spot on, the countdown timer bonus, the HUD...

Of course, you know I will disable ball trails to play ;)

And I can see the "rotating diamond" touches of yours too :p

Anyway i'm not sure i thank you for the video because now I want to play it really bad :D

But in FP nobody really try to make it more realistic, more coherent.
@JLou5641
I'm sorry you think this, because many people in the Gopinball community have always tried to better FP, and I'm not going to tell you the names because you don't know them, you only mentioned three people, including two who couldn't do physics , and the other is busy with the thousand versions....... you probably also misspelled, because this sentence of yours is liable to be misunderstood or worse an offense.....in fact nitro answered you, because your phrase above could also be considered an offense, and him just wanted to point this fact.

If you really think what you wrote, it also includes Gimli inside the "nobody" package which by the way now he helping you right?

Like Rotation charts that Rav made but nobody take care.
Lou,you have to understand one thing (I understand that you are new in FP) many of us active in FP for now, they are not samples or champion
of such particular codes, myself included
now.... some have the ability to understand these types of codes, but you must understand that some of them have no time or desire or are not active, there should be someone like me to stimulate some of us with this ability, for to work on these thing.......an example, I have attracted Bob a lot, in certain projects, which then became reality .... now I did not know that there was this type of code such as Rotation charts.

So who could or who could do it, who should take care of certain codes,I ask you? one thing is sure, that to say "nobody take care", it is wrong to say it,in my opinion.

now I'm talking about me, I started interacting again on this site (during my misadventure) thanks also to df2, in another site it was difficult to communicate you remember, and I decided to participate in your invitation here ..... and what it happened?

I try to answer to me, myself, that my questions are misunderstood? or my questions are not legitimate that I ask them? there is no time or desire to answer me? tell me please Lou? If I don't ask my questions how do I learn the things men like you do?which I should then include in my tables.

be clear, this is just my thought, I certainly do not want to put fuel on the fire.

regards

Last edited:
No idea. I haven't used in a long time.
But it is also rare for a program commercially available to not "call home" nowadays. Even if only for checking it's registration.
Aw yeah, it seems very nice, but swamped with options.
But more options can be good! ...as I'm learning slowly and painfully with GIMP, lol.

So far I've figured out the very basics, such as setting up two video tracks & two audio tracks, putting your YT video in one set, then introducing some single-screen text messages in to the other video track.

Still need to figure out how to splice, edit & dissolve such text messages back & forth in to the main vid, but that's what time is for. :p

But yeah, when I get frustrated with one job, that's when I turn to another. Eventually It'll get it done!

@Paolo Mate I was trying to stay out of this, as mentioned I was just trying to prove a point!
I really don't care!! But as always my friend you got exactly what I was thinking.

I can't run away anymore as @AnonTet likes to believe.
Maybe I just don't like arguing with self indulgences?
Maybe you should "Try Harder" If you get any harder your going to break something!
This is my point? If your head is so far up your bum hole you can not see......
I am going to need mores code lessons. ... ___ ... "SOS"
I was never involved in this DF2 project and rightly so, I know fuck all about physics.
But don't dis-respect all that have been before and those still active the do.
Especially the one's that are much smarter than you!, cheers!

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: momohoho27 has left the room.
      Back