SS Flying Aces (Sentinel Inc, 1970's) Home version pinballs

Solid State Machines

gregad

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
I have a late 1970's home version pinball machine that I would love to get working again for my grandchildren. It is a "Flying Aces" by Sentinel. Not your average big time coin op game but was fun to play. I can't find any info on it. I need the schematics to figure out a short it has.

The top 2, 100 point bumpers activate when powering up and then blows the circuit breaker. This breaker also controls the flipper and ball ejector. Everything else seems to still function.

HELP please.

I have a late 1970's home version pinball machine that I would love to get working again for my grandchildren. It is a "Flying Aces" by Sentinel. Not your average big time coin op game but was fun to play. I can't find any info on it. I need the schematics to figure out a short it has.

The top 2, 100 point bumpers activate when powering up and then blows the circuit breaker. This breaker also controls the flipper and ball ejector. Everything else seems to still function.

HELP please.
<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" width="80%"><tbody><tr><td align="right" nowrap="nowrap" valign="baseline" width="20%">
</td><td colspan="4" align="left" valign="baseline">
</td></tr></tbody></table>
A little help, hope you know about the Internet Pinball Machine Database, here is a link to your Flying Aces:
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4969
This information might be helpful from that link:
Notes: Same playfield layout and cabinet dimensions as Rapid Pinball's 1977 'Star Explorer' and Wonder Wizard's 'Demolition Derby'. Only the artwork differs between these three machines.
The fine folks at the Usenet group rec.games.pinball might be able to help you, here is a google link:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/
Hope that helps!

At the 'Internet Pinball Serial Number Database' there's one equal machine registered.

May be it's possible/worthwhile to contact that owner - 'Michael Pitetto'?

Attachments

• Serial Number Registration.jpg
    Serial Number Registration.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 425
I'd look for the obvious first. broken wires on the bottom of the playfield near where the bumper housings connect. that is usually the first place they have problems. check for proper grounding. they get the crap beat out of them and tend to loosen up, taking wires with them!

HI I also have a Flying Aces (1977) home model pinball machine similar to Star Explorer home model pinball machine made by Sentinel, Inc.
I bought it and it worked when I went to pick it up and brought it home and it no longer works. The flippers and bumpers do not work, but when I hold the 2.1 amp Circuit breaker in they (work all 4 bumps and the 2 flippers) activate when I hold either flipper button down but only for two seconds so I believe the solenoid and transistor drivers are ok and so should be the power supply right?
Maybe the 2.1 amp Circuit breaker is bad?

2.1 amp Circuit breaker is Circuit breakers its the right most 1 or 3 Circuit breakers on back of machine when looking form the back of the machine . The 2.1 amp breaker controls BR401 (coils).
The manual also says it could be Surface connector could be bad and I've removed and wiped the edge connectors on each board to be safe, but this still has not correct the issue.
What else could it be?
Please me know and thank sfor your help.

At least the manual gives you voltages for the three rails. Is there an 0vervolt, bad rectifier, filter capacitor fault with 34Volt rail? The lack of schematic makes further help difficult. Your problem sounds similar to the first post. Maybe this is a common fault with your uncommon machine.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back