Gottlieb EM Flying Carpet (Gottlieb, 1972) EM Score Reel Chatter

Electro-Mechanical Machines

t81rd

Inserted Coin
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
n/a
I recently set my flying carpet EM back up, but my 10 point score reel works fine until it goes to reset. the solenoid chatters like its resetting but it wont pull in far enough to actuate the next step. I can manually push down the solenoid and it advances fine and completes the reset ones advanced back to 0. I am assuming I have a bad solenoid, but wanted to confirm with the experts

I recently set my flying carpet EM back up, but my 10 point score reel works fine until it goes to reset. the solenoid chatters like its resetting but it wont pull in far enough to actuate the next step. I can manually push down the solenoid and it advances fine and completes the reset ones advanced back to 0. I am assuming I have a bad solenoid, but wanted to confirm with the experts
One of the blade switches on the score reel will close to connect to power the solenoid until the switch opens at the zero position. Clean and adjust switch if needed.

That blade switch doesn't get triggered by the solenoid at the end position, the solenoid doesn't actuate far enough before it chatters. Or were you talking about the other blade switches to energize the solenoid at the beginning

That blade switch doesn't get triggered by the solenoid at the end position, the solenoid doesn't actuate far enough before it chatters. Or were you talking about the other blade switches to energize the solenoid at the beginning
Ok this is during game play not the reset mode.
Has the score reel been taken apart and cleaned? The unit might be gummed up or the return spring might be too tight.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: momohoho27 has left the room.
      Back