JonPurpleHaze

Site Nudger
Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Drop-A-Card
The forums are in the process of being upgraded, I've been working on this for awhile and am testing a new system that bridges users from PostNuke (the main site program) with a new forum program (VBulletin).

It's a kinda tricky process because the current forum Users, Posts, Attachments, etc.. have to be imported into VBulletin, this has already been tested, but it needs to be repeated because all information since 10/15 needs to be added. Then all user info from postnuke has to be deleted and the info imported from VBulletin.

I won't be able to turn the forums off while this process is being completed so i expect a few problems, the entire site may be down for awhile but I'll try to give some advance notice.

Wow, the place is looking great!

:cheers:

Imported Posts for this Thread

Originally posted by JonPurpleHaze on Oct 27, 2007 - 09:48 PM
An update to the forums upgrade process, these forums were turned off on purpose due to the nature of the VBulletin import procedure, everything looks ok but i was trying to avoid repeating it yet again...
The current problem is the User integration with VBulletin and PostNuke, this site is one of the first sites to try the new program but there are database problems to overcome.
blahblah2006 wrote:
Okies, Was gonna ask what happened but dont need to now. Just a quick question though, theres no "remember me" when logging in now, and it says "cookies must be enabled". Does this mean the remember me has become mandatory ??
Cookies always have to be enabled in order to remember you on the site but yes, I altered the cookie sessions on the site temporarily, the remember me should be back for now.

Originally posted by tiltjlp on Oct 28, 2007 - 03:53 AM
I was hoping against hope this dung heap would never come back online. Jon, do you plan to fulfill mine and Druadic's requests and remove all our respective tables from this site?

John

Originally posted by StevOz on Oct 29, 2007 - 03:14 AM
Gidday John, your tables have been removed, Druadic has not requested such. All tables which involve co-authors will require a direct request by all authors concerned before removal.

Originally posted by tiltjlp on Oct 29, 2007 - 05:29 AM
Hi Steve. Druadic did request that his tables be removed, via me, since he isn't connected to the Internet. I PM'd Jon with that request. Many of the tables "I" did have co-authors names attached, since I was part of a team. If you'd like, I could compile a list of such tables that were actually solo jobs. They're almost all available elsewhere, I just don't want them hosted here.

John

Originally posted by StevOz on Oct 29, 2007 - 06:06 AM
Well the via me thing isn't going to be good enough, we have already had requests from you to remove tables you have co-authored and when said co-authors were contacted they wished the tables to remain.

I thought all your solo efforts had already been removed?

Frankly if I ever opened a hosting site, I'll be sure to point out hosting will not be removed upon request.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back