FP Launch Issues

mrbrightside80

Pinball Player
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Star Wars Trilogy
Hey everyone! After 6 months I am almost done with my cabinet. The final thing I wanted to add was some Future Pinball tables. I have tested every table I have and made the settings. I have them all successfully launching from Popper as well. But there are a few issues I am having:

Sometimes when I launch a table from Popper or FPloader the BAM menu flickers on/off indefinitely. Once this happens I have to exit and relaunch until it stops. I double checked and I am on the latest version of BAM.

When I launch a DOFLINX table or pinevent table from popper not all the toys work. Usually the flashers and MX lighting is fine but the solenoids and shaker won't fire. Again if I launch outside of popper it will work. Pinevent tables will also work correct as long as I manually close DofLinx.

Here are my launch and exit scripts for FP

rem :Enable FP Backglass and Arcade Mode

REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "ArcadeMode" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "SecondMonitorEnable" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:Disable FP Backglass and Arcade Mode if "Custom Launch Param" = PinEvent

if "[custom1]"=="PinEvent" (REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "ArcadeMode" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f)
if "[custom1]"=="PinEvent" (REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "SecondMonitorEnable" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f)

Rem :If you use DOFLinx then un-rem the 2 Lines
if "[custom1]"=="PinEvent" (cd /d "C:\directoutput")
if "[custom1]"=="PinEvent" (DOFLinxMsg "PROCESSES=")

Rem :Run DMDExt only if "Custom Var #2" DOES NOT = NO_DMDExt

if NOT "[custom2]"=="NO_DMDExt" (d:)
if NOT "[custom2]"=="NO_DMDExt" (cd "D:\Pinball\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME")
if NOT "[custom2]"=="NO_DMDExt" (start /min "" "dmdext.exe" mirror --source=futurepinball -q --virtual-stay-on-top --fps 60 -g "[GAMENAME]" --use-ini="D:\Pinball\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME\DmdDevice.ini")
if NOT "[custom2]"=="NO_DMDExt" (timeout /t 1)

Rem :Launch Future Pinball

START "" "[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe" 10 5 60 "BSP Software*"
START "" "[DIREMU]C:\Future Pinball\BAM\FPLoader.exe" /open "[GAMEFULLNAME]" /play /exit /arcaderender /STAYINRAM

Exit
"[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE" WINTIT "Future Pinball" 2 1

REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "ArcadeMode" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "SecondMonitorEnable" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
taskkill /f /im "dmdext.exe"

Any help will be appreciated!

I can only comment on this "BAM menu flickers on/off indefinitely" part and have no idea about popper, DOFlinx

Is it always the same tables that make this happen? If so, I had a similar problem before and basically it means that for some reason the key assigned to open/close BAM menu is being activated some how. Bad button / key contact?

Sometimes is just as simple as this.

Got rid of a couple of other misbehaving pesky smilies that unintentionally appeared in @mrbrightside80's original post.

The smilie codes for :-) and :-D have been altered so hopefully they won't appear by accident....:bonk:

Got rid of a couple of other misbehaving pesky smilies that unintentionally appeared in @mrbrightside80's original post.

The smilie codes for :-) and :-D have been altered so hopefully they won't appear by accident....:bonk:
I have been having trouble with that also especially this:

8)

I have been having trouble with that also especially this:

8)

Fixed on Tuesday, you should be able to view your posts where this happened and see that the smilies are gone.
Got rid of the unintentional smile code of
Code:
8)
it's now just 8-).

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: JonPurpleHaze has posted a new reply in the thread "What music are you listening to?".
      Back