Support File Future Pinball and BAM Installed: Simple… FAST… then PLAY! (by TerryRed)

@polygame

Where is your Backglass monitor positioned in Windows Display settings?

Be absolutely sure it's positioned to the right of the playfield and next to it with no other screens between(and the playfield must be primary screen).

If it's not in this position it won't work! Windows can sometimes swap your monitors around which will mess this up.

1590879293323.png

Ok, last bit helped (screen 2 was before screen 1) and when I switched to copy the image you send, I finally saw the backglass.
Since it is my work computer, I can not switch the screen that way and temper with my system everytime I use FP. so it is going to be a no-go unfortunatly.

Any way, I have launched BAM params (Q) to explore what's new and I found it as difficult and incoherent to navigate as I remember in the first place, so for the time being I'll still keep playing pinballFX table.

thx for all the help sir.

Ok, last bit helped (screen 2 was before screen 1) and when I switched to copy the image you send, I finally saw the backglass.
Since it is my work computer, I can not switch the screen that way and temper with my system everytime I use FP. so it is going to be a no-go unfortunatly.

Any way, I have launched BAM params (Q) to explore what's new and I found it as difficult and incoherent to navigate as I remember in the first place, so for the time being I'll still keep playing pinballFX table.

thx for all the help sir.

You don't really need to mess with the BAM menu at all if you installed my files. It's not a requirement to play anything.

The only BAM menu you "might" need to goto for "playing" is the Table and Lighting menu to slightly adjust your view per table (if needed at all, its usually good) and your desired Lighting (the Preset set to Default is like normal FP). I show you exactly how to do that in the video (its also bookmarked). It's really easy. Navigating is really simple once you understand how it works. Watch my video to get a good idea.

Robots Invasion comes up like this for me. I just adjusted the lighting to Default (for an older table)... and that's it.

Robots Invasion (Ultra Edition) (v1.04).png

Most of BAM's menus has nothing to do with the new features we use on updating tables. We set the lighting and other things how we want in the menu and copy that to script (CTRL +C). The DEV menu has lots of stuff, but we use the mini playfield tool there for updates more than anything.

Most of what we use for new BAM features is all script based now.

If an older table plays odd.. you can easily make it use the older FP physics (or any other version since) by using your preferred xml file named the same as the table and placed with the table (BAM will use that xml physics for that table only, I also show this in my video).

When we update a table for newer BAM dynamic flippers (which can make a big difference in how the tables play now), the physics are all in the table script. No need for xml files, etc...it just works.

It's really easy to play FP in a cabinet...the initial setup is the hard part. After that... run the table...use BAM to adjust the view slightly (if needed)...choose your lighting(if needed)... done. You can even use someone else's BAM table cfg files for each table if you want to save you the work. I have only a small amount so far on my guide...but I'll be adding more.

Last edited:
Glad you can run this table, for me it crash on load like 80% of the fp tables (shootanza, warlord, every zed or slamt1lt tables...). I have a 4gb video card and 16gb of ram so go figure? I tought that BAM would improve this stuff but it seems like for some it work but for some it doesn't.

Glad you can run this table, for me it crash on load like 80% of the fp tables (shootanza, warlord, every zed or slamt1lt tables...). I have a 4gb video card and 16gb of ram so go figure? I tought that BAM would improve this stuff but it seems like for some it work but for some it doesn't.

Did you change all the FP Video settings and the Editor setting to match "exactly" like I show in the video and on my mega guide? It really does matter for all tables to load and play correctly. (this was the intent of the registry file)

I've been using FP and BAM on many different PC's, laptops, AMD, nvidia for the last 5 years and have never had a problem getting any table to run with those settings. (though an intel onboard gpu may give problems).

The Editor settings are important (don't Load Images into Editor just for playing!) This WILL cause tables to crash when loading!

Close FP EVERY time you exit a table before trying to load a new table or run the same table. This is common even with VP (it's a limitation of older 32bit programs). I never have an issue with this on my cabinet because I use a front end which always closes FP when you exit the table.

Also...don't assume your video card, motherboard and audio drivers are properly updated. With Win 10 updates, its common to have a crummy common driver instead of a proper up to date driver being used for your video card.

For real...with the right settings and closing FP each time you exit...you should be able to run everything.

again, nope. I am a multimedia dev. I render 4k video on my machine and deal with millions of polygons scene in 3d so no problem there. But thx for asking. I also know about "don't Load Images into Editor" I was the first to report it to Chris Leathley 14 years ago.

again, nope. I am a multimedia dev. I render 4k video on my machine and deal with millions of polygons scene in 3d so no problem there. But thx for asking. I also know about "don't Load Images into Editor" I was the first to report it to Chris Leathley 14 years ago.

Oh I have no doubt your system could handle it, or you don't understand this stuff. :)

Out of curiosity... are you using an nvidia Quadro? I know I can get odd results trying to play PC games of any sort using those cards at my work place (along with Xeon cpu's, etc)

On my home systems I always use nvidia consumer video cards (currently GTX 1080)... I'm a big PC Gamer... love VR... and do some 4K video encoding myself. My 3d animation skills are hopelessly out of date though...going back to the Lightwave Amiga days.

@polygame

Crazy last idea. Try running FPLoader.exe as Administrator (if you didn't already) and see if that helps (using the same settings I showed)....but never run FuturePinball.exe as administrator though.

Some people need that for their systems depending on their security settings,etc.

@TerryRed
Hi Terry i have gone to the site of:
https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=tutorials&article=165 (The Virtual Pinball Forums)
Then i have downloaded the Bam Mega Guide of yours from:
https://mega.nz/folder/WVgyXZZa#1KAqkmcXA2eJS7aHZijrRQ (82.03 MB folder on MEGA)

I wonder by respect of your word document, and by respect of you. If i can make modifications of your document to make it a better guide?

I use OpenOffice to do the modifications. The modifications i think to do is.... :
Create a table. Do some bookmarks. Do some thumbnails. Create some page background look. Create some page counter. Create some text link that goes to the table at the bottom of each page. Make that the table indicate what page the subject is. Make the subjects in the table can be clicked to go directly to the corresponding page. Possible that i add some of my pages indications and instructions. Add my name as the person that had redesign and helped in your guide, simply to have some small credits for me also. It's important for me to keep your name into the document, this by respect of all of your work.

It's possible that i would like to make better some of your text, to make it more understandable; even give more words to explain more easy your indications. I have not read your document by the time i write this message, but seing your video at:
Seem to have very good and easy explications.

Also i wonder if the many images quality of your document, is at leass 96dpi into your word file? Because it's the ideal "minimum" quality, so when zooming the pdf; it dont get too much pixelized. It's better 300dpi of image quality, but this make the document weight much more.

Still i ask if it's fine with you @TerryRed ?

Thank's for your time. A+

The Mega Guide is always more "up to date" than the video, which is why I say to follow the Mega Guide over the video. So you should read the entire Mega guide first, as you'll find it has much more than the video and is more up to date with links to other mini guides I made, etc. It's also much more geared towards cabinet users than desktop users....and I have it posted here for support, etc...

While I certainly would welcome better "formatting / indexing, etc"... I need to be able to update this guide myself at anytime (I don't use Open Office, or do much Office related stuff, but I do use Office). I tend to update it regularity, especially since I deal with cabinet related content and my PinEvent content and Install guides, etc.

If you want to try to format it better with indexing / pages, etc... go ahead and give that a try and show me how it looks.

Keep in mind, as for "new additional content", I don't want this to become a multi-person thing as I'm very specific with what I support and use for references as I use this Guide for many things beyond desktop users.

If I like how it's formatted, I'll certainly add your name to the credits for the guide, but please don't add / change the content.

I can do this also giving some look and indexing, even give you the open office file so that you can make your own changes. This by respect for your self. The only thing you could do or my self do "by respect of your guide", is to more organise the pages to do some indexing toward the (subject page title).

What i mean by that is example:
(Page 1 simple text): To install BAM go to the website of
(Page 2 simple text): Ravarcade. Then click on the button
(Page 3 simple text): download Futurepinball with BAM.

As you see the message is: To install BAM go to the website of Ravarcade. Then click on the button download Futurepinball with BAM

But it is on "separated pages" in the previous example. It's a thing i have notice doing fiew test, by opening your document with OpenOffice; LibreOffice and Word. But dont worry it can be fixed. Putting some indexing text that show the page and is clickable by subjects. You can put the "title subject" on top of a page, then have the same subject on other next pages. Like "X title subject" on page 1, that continue also on page 2 to 6 as example. Then "Y title subject" use page 7 to 9, and so goes on. So the indexing point out to the top title of the page. I can also give you indications to help you update the table of content. Brief to make you dont need my self and others. Just with the intention to help you.

To have a way better visual understanding of what i mean then go see my guide about the 3d modeling software BforArtists at:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=17ANvDZvigt1y_UpNUBHhKyY2pZLu8HMr (bforartists_sfavron.pdf)
You can watch it online, but when you download it; you will notice that clicking on some "(table of content) text subject" will go directly to the corresponding (subject) page. Notice also on table of index, it shows on what page it is; and on each pages is have a page counter. The other thing i have done is that at the bottom of each page, a user can click any time the words "table of content"; this goes directly to the index page (rather than finding the index table of content page).

Next thing i have done also if you have downloaded my free BforArtists pdf guide, you can open it with a pdf reader as Adobe Reader. You will notice that i also have programmed, (bookmarks text & thumbnails) so that a user can simply click the bookmark he/she want to go to the page. I can also program up to 3 levels of bookmarks, like the bookmark "grand-father", under the sub-bookmark "father"; and under the sub-sub-bookmark "kid" as example.

I put an image so that you can also visualise better what i mean by bookmarks, sub-bookmarks, background look, counter and the rest:
bforartists_screenshot_sfavron_guide.jpg

But i'll need your help @TerryRed , because it is your book and not mine; and i dont want to do things that you would not like. So it's important for me to know. I would not like that peoples do things not wanted with my free pdf guides, so i can put my self at some point into your shoes.

A+

Look the background image you should notice it is divided into 3 parts here. A "header zone", then a "content zone"; after a "footer bottom zone". The image is only a static image under the zones, but the place where i write the text (content zone) in the document; i have put some percentage of (white color) transparency to see what is under. But not too transparent, because of the text color writen over.

I could also if i want to design and color the surrounding of the content of the page. Put some design all around the zone where you put your text and images. But it's important for me to know what kind of look that you would want, also what kind of content desing you would like to have.

Here is other links to simply visualize the background looks. On the free pdf Milkshape3d guide, notice that i have put the (milkshape3d image) in the top of the pages with some color-like-flame. I could put the "TerryRed" picture into the look as example. On the MameWah pdf guide, notice that i have put and design the MameWah Logo; also have put into the Futurepinball Logo into the background, behind the content of the pages.

My Milkshape3d free pdf guide:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B60m6W-FuLPHOUlLYXFVMGRlX1k/view?usp=sharing (futurepinball_sfavron_ebook_vol6.pdf)
My MameWah free pdf guide:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ewY7stZtLzJBMn_iJ-Z3ngVhvDOZMGfu (free_futurepinball_mamewah_free_sfavron_guide.pdf)

Just to maybe give you some ideas of what you would like that the interior pages look like.

A+

@TerryRed
I join here the OpenOffice version 4.1.10 file that you can modify as you want. It have into some indications that is writen, that also you can delete.

Here is the look i have done:
View attachment 19950
Here is the OpenOffice file that you can download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HS4Ef_qvUP4-sEM6ICSS5HEKHkz7ZjjX/view?usp=sharing (FP_BAM_MegaGuide.zip)

A+

OK, so let me stop you before yo go any farther. :)

The Open Office file, when open in MS Office (what I use) comes up with errors... and Office tried to fix them. The document however doesn't show up very well, and the page formatting is all screwed up all over the place.

Also, I don't want any content changes or frames / background graphics, etc.

Simple things like Table of Contents, and page linking... those are the only kind of things I would like right now.

It took me forever to convert everything over to how I have it now, and I don't want you to put in a bunch of work, just for me to not be able to use it correctly because of compatibility problems.... then I have to do it all over again. :(

I don't want to put in a bunch of work into this guide again right now (I have way too many other things to get done)... and I'm afraid of me not being able to use the changes you have made, or it making much more work for me to maintain and update it.

If you want to try to do what I mentioned, but only a small amount as a small starter and see if we can get that to work for me with MS Office.... then you can do that if you like. Otherwise, please don't put in a bunch of work redoing the whole guide for now please. Thank you for your ambition and time.

@TerryRed you are right. I have also tryed to open it with my office365 online account, and it come up all messed. But with OpenOffice i can open Word documents, do some modifications with OpenOffice version 4.1.10.

If you would use OpenOffice and open with it the document. You can easy delete the look of it. Simply (right-mouse-click) and choose the option "page". This make some menu apear. Next you choose the tab named "background", but instead of the word image; you can choose (white color). This will get out the design completely. Replacing it with the "color white".

You can also with the (page options) choose the tab "Footer" so you can decide the size and positon of the Footer. You can also go to the tab named: "Borders" you should see some numbers of the section (Spacing to content) you can put what ever size you want; it's the zone of your content. Note that when sometimes you change the space of the content, it can change or position the space of your header or/and footer.

There is also the option from OpenOfficce to easy export it to the format PDF.

Well at leass TerryRed, you know that i simply wanted to help you. One thing for sure i'm pretty sure i'll need your knowledges to create some tables with BAM and the help of other peoples.

A+

@TerryRed you can if you want use the OpenOffice file and do it with this software. I can guide you with it, i have not all knowledges about it; but i have good knowledges that will help you. The advantage of OpenOffice beside MicrosoftWord, is that OpenOffice is a open software. Because it is so, i do think that there creators had made this software compatible for all peoples.

There is great things you can do with OpenOffice "word soft", you can as many soft import images, do frames into; deside background image. Decide the header, content, footer size. Draw over the images you put into the document, and many more. Also many peoples can have the same OpenOffice software free, this make more peoples able to help you into your guide.

A+

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: HZR has posted a new reply in the thread "Complete list of VB commands".
      Back