Game Seven coming up, Hurricanes vs. Oilers!

shiva

Administrator
Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Trigon
Damn if they didn't do it. I know a lot of you miss out on the NHL playoffs, but boy did you miss something today if you did. The Oilers just Dominated tonight, (about time) and the 'canes looked old, tired, and scared really.

Game 7 coming up, for all the marbles. Be one hell of a game, the hockey this year has been so much better, can't remember it being this good in a long time. And what can you say about the oiler fans, rated at 110 decibels, and so into the entire thing, they sang BOTH national anthems.

Really put other cities to shame, especially those that booed. Total class, in fact the singer gave up after the first few lines of the Canadian anthem, he just let them sing it themselves. Couldn't hear him anyway. ;)

Game 7 though. Be in Carolina, which is a shame, but it will be a war this one. So proud of my team, coming back like this, after all the bad luck they have had. Time to find someone with a 100 inch screen TV... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a dominant performance by Edmonton and i can't wait to see a game 7! The stats were so lopsided it made Carolina look like a minor league team.

I noticed the anthem singer raising the microphone in the previous game and the crowd shoud be proud, is this done for every home game or just recently?
:hockey:

that's awesome, shiva. congrats to your boys.

i heard about the microphone thing and it sounds like a great gesture. in the states the usual deal in big games is for some overrated pop hack to turn the national anthem into their own latest hit, ie running up-and-down the scales, adding silly melodramatic pauses and in general making buffoons of themselves. it would be very cool if they also held up the mike to let the crowd sing, but then again you'd prolly only hear some indistinct garbled muttering compared to how the canadians sang.

a couple years ago at an NBA game the girl who was singing got stage fright and couldn't remember the words, so mo cheeks, the coach of the hometown portland trailblazers, walked over, put his arm around her, and they finished the anthem together to loud applause. that was pretty damn cool but totally unscripted of course.

Sounds rather nice ... and was bound to raise the team spirit.

Good on them and may your success continue beyond game 7 :)

Happened once before. Never heard the fans sing the US so loud before though. awesome fans, no wonder the oilers came back from 3-1 in the series.

It started because the canadian anthem was booed in San Jose a couple weeks ago, and the oiler fans have been getting louder ever since. Only time I ever saw something similar was philly, and when Kate Smith sang God bless America, but no where near the volume (mind you, Kate Smith didn't need a mic)

Awesome game as well. Carolina had 3 shots total till the 2 power plays in the late 2nd period. Be a different team on Monday, they have a lot of Canadians on their team, and well, it's what every Canadian boy dreams about, playing Game 7 in the Stanley Cup finals. I think it's on OLN in the states, even Hockey haters will find this one excellant to watch.

Hopefully the refs won't do any cheesy calls.

Sounds great Shiva :)

Regrettably, we see little hockey in the UK. :(
At the moment it's wall to wall football (yawn) soon to be followed by wall to wall tennis (bigger yawn). Would be nice for some ice action. :)

It's easy when you have a Finnish goaltender. ;)

Seriously....I'm both surprised and delighted that Markkanen has played well...he's not considered a "calm under pressure" goalie by our national team management.....that's why he has been left out of our roster in all major tournaments.

Being around a bunch of Canadians, and the Stanley Cup on the line will change anyone to superman. Rollie was the same, before he got injured. Ask any player, what would they rather have, a gold medal or a stanley cup ring, 95% would answer the ring.

I was surprised as well, amazing isn't it. He always was a good goalie, just inconsistant. He's hot right now, and you can see how much better the team plays around him as well. I think that's the difference really, confidence that they can play their game.

The Sabres took them blowhard Hurricanes to a 7th Game!
I'd like to see the Oilers play like yesterday and make them relocate, call them the Whalers!

At least they lasted longer in Carolina than Hartford. I can imagine how much the NHL hates this, two former wha teams, both small markets, no superstars until recently to sell the game. Shame about the Sabres, but they were too injured by game 7. Would have really given us something to talk about. :)

See what happens tomorrow. Best thing for both franchises, both have almost lost their team to another city a couple times, so really, they both went through so much. If I wasn't raised in Edmonton, and like all other Oiler fans, suffered through 15 years, I would be happy for both teams.

Watching it from the cable right now....1-0 Carolina (Ward).

I'm watching right now too!!

so am I. Expected no less from the 'canes, they were gonna come out smoking. I think the fact it's only 1-0 makes the oilers happy, but they have to score the next goal. Just about everyone in my area expect this to go to overtime.

Wow, 4:32 left to play, Carolina leads 2-1, very exciting!!

Exciting indeed....looks like the Oil had the heart, but just didn’t have the cajones to pull it off tonight. Props to both teams for making this one of the most exciting, if not most undervalued Stanley Cup series in recent memory. I’m looking forward to Don Cherry giving his “expert opinion†on this one.

What do you mean, "undervalued" ?

*sob* :(

Oh well, I stated it earlier, they had to play a full 60 minutes, they took one stupid penaldy after another in the first, and it cost them the game. Still proud of them. They were only one stick pokecheck away from tieing it. (you guys see that? If that defensement hadn't done that, it was a open net)

the 3rd was awesome though, but I was wrong. I thought this would be the best game, but game 5 was better. Congrats to Carolina though, but we will be back next year. :D

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back