Bally Maintenance Solved Gilligan's Island (Bally, 1991) possibly undo what's done.

MelissaD1460

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Gilligans Island
My bestfriend has a Gilligan's Island Pinball machine that has had the same high score for over six years (her mother got it before she passed away from cancer). Today when she turned it on the entire thing had been set back to factory settings. Is there any ways to get back the high score that was lost?

Thank you for any assistance you can give me.

Solution
High Score And Factory Reset

:no: Did Your Batteries go Dead? I don't know if your game has flash memory to backup those high scores...But my guess is no. Most games are set to delete Hi scores at some future milestone like number of games played or as a reward for achieving certain playfield goals. If all your custom settings reverted to factory default check for dead batteries on your CPU board. Or maybe some denizen has mucked about with your buttons . The ephemeral nature of digital data just like entropy shall follow us to our graves...
High Score And Factory Reset

:no: Did Your Batteries go Dead? I don't know if your game has flash memory to backup those high scores...But my guess is no. Most games are set to delete Hi scores at some future milestone like number of games played or as a reward for achieving certain playfield goals. If all your custom settings reverted to factory default check for dead batteries on your CPU board. Or maybe some denizen has mucked about with your buttons . The ephemeral nature of digital data just like entropy shall follow us to our graves...

Solution
Aside from actually removing the glass and manually tapping stuff all over the place
with your fingers to add it up again then tilting the rest of the game
to put the new score up there to replace your old one then no sorry.
Most games reset back to factory especially if like he said
the (usually disc looking) battery on the circuit board has died
I'd run a quick book keeping check see if the old scores sit anywhere
It's possible the scores in book keeping were put in by someone other than the factory resets
and may sit in the boards still needing only a new battery to bring them back (fingers crossed here!)

Last edited:
Wow, that is sad. I would keep it and play it to remember the good times.
It serves as a memento.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: MoFloh has left the room.
      Back