IPDB actually has a pretty beefy entry for this one; hallelujah!
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1059

Interesting how in 2/3 of your last updates, the game has an interesting dynamic of slinging the ball around in unusual ways, just after you launch it.

When I first learned about these old pins, I kind of assumed they were mostly just boring clones of each other. (wrong!)

So is it a lot of work converting over to VPX? I was toying with the idea of converting two of my tables (the billiards simulation and the re-creation of the 1980 "Wildfire" game) to VPX, but with the mania upon all things cabinet-related in recent years, it didn't seem like there was much real point in it. :/

VPX is no tougher to use than VP9. VPX however has quite a few perks and goodies to make it quite interesting to be sure.

I am finding VPX 75% easier to use than VP9. Don't ask why but once you figure the layout and the way VPX works it is a sight to behold. I can't explain it much sweeter than that.

I will tell you things are a bit different as the gates now have two way movement, there are now masking techniques that allow invisibility through most paint programs like GIMP. There's a ton more but they have added some nifty stuff to say the least.

I don't know what else to say but I HOPE I can get 90% of my older tables along with over 30 new tables done for VPX.

As for cabinet related works, I could careless about them really. MANY folks STILL use VP to play their games on the computer screen. It's one of the few reasons I still enjoy making them really.

VPF has been dominated by cabinet users as anyone who makes tables for computers is now shunned. It's heartbreaking really but I would rather use my computer than build a machine just for the use of a pinball sim program. To me it's actually kind of pointless.

Thanks for the info. If I get my health issue sorted out, I could possibly see myself getting back in to VP, via VPX. The new features do sound kind of exciting.

I would probably tend to agree about cabinet simulations being kind of pointless. In general, that is.

I myself have a 20" widescreen rotatable monitor that gives me most of the benefits of the cabinet experience. The one thing that would certainly complete it is some kind of flipper and nudging controller. I'm guessing there's a relatively inexpensive one out there if I ever feel like getting it. But, whatever.

Point is, I do think playing VP in portrait view is cooler than playing it in desktop mode, but it does have a big problem-- since it's still just a flat screen, it doesn't actually help to bring your eye down to table level to help play, like you would playing the real thing. Or if you're just looking at the table head-on, that's also an unnatural view, since you wouldn't be looking at a table from that POV either.

So at the end of the day, portrait mode is a cool experience, but it's also frustrating in that part of your brain is tricked in to thinking you're actually playing a real table, but another part of your brain keeps thinking "something's not right here, and no matter what I try to fix it, nothing works."

That said, I could definitely see the point in cabinet VP for a bar, or something like that. Or maybe for semi-rich people and up, with their own arcade rooms.

Heh... guess that's my mini-editorial for the day. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: qinnuendo has left the room.
      Back