FP GoPinball & PinSimDB: the end is coming

Future Pinball
I find it a pity. thank you for allowing me to publish my playfield. despite everything the future pinball was not born dead. Keep sharing freely. Thank you all

Dommage que ce site disparaisse, il m'a été une très grande utilité et était une référence. :(

Thank you so much.
Respect.

I'm sad about hearing this, I hope things get better for you Alex, that's more important than anything else.

I needed to mention that Pinball Nirvana isn't straining or being overloaded since changing servers last month, let us know if you think we can help you in any way that might be needed.
Hey JPH ( and @Dazz) have you and Alex communicated directly with eachother to ensure an archival transition ?

Hey JPH ( and @Dazz) have you and Alex communicated directly with eachother to ensure an archival transition ?
Not to buddinsky, but a couple of us were sorta kicking this ball around yesterday in a subforums.

Me, I'm all thumbs at torrents myself.
But I keep thinking that there simply must be a robust FP / PSDB public archive out there, mais non?
But WHERE, exactly? (my own searches consistently return diddly)

Else, we'll always have Paris. (two years-ago Paris, unfortunately)

But yeah, I keep thinking that in terms of pure PSDB-content (mainly tables, but also the lovely graphics resources), someone with some configurable scraping software and a means of online archiving might just be the next bearded-one. I mean, Superman, pardon.

I admit, it also feels a bit blasphemous just saying the word torrent, eh?

Regarding torrents I still have the latest ones for vp and FP that were at a recently deceased website. I can easily put it up again ( I think as I never created a torrent myself).

Or I can upload to somewhere too if someone has over 500GB available :D

note: I think I have mentioned this before but i'm not quite myself lately so excuse me my "incoherence".

Regarding torrents I still have the latest ones for vp and FP that were at a recently deceased website. I can easily put it up again ( I think as I never created a torrent myself).

note: I think I have mentioned this before but i'm not quite myself lately so excuse me my "incoherence".

If you have the GoPinball postings, I lost some of the data for my list of best tables. I also don't have any guidance for the "xBAM.FixScore" code that fixes the high score overflow problem.

AO (archive.org) surely has that space, and last time I checked, their latest VP & FP archives date from June 2020.

Do you remember how recent your torrent backups dates to?

Sorry to hear that.
One thing I'm still trying to deal with over here is that my 2nd case of CV19 in Feb has left me less focused and less driven in general. Then again, national and global events aren't exactly helping, either.

I don't have anything regarding GoPinball posts @GeorgeH :(

What I have is the closest thing to a snapshot and out of date at time of release for obvious reasons. The guy who maintained these stop doing it and really in my eyes it is impressive these were maintained for so long. Hercules had is easy in comparison :D

@Isaac Sauvage AO is outdated, still. I recall the versions there being older too so nothing has changed.

Future Pinball (2021-05-13) - 155GB
Visual Pinball (2021-06-10) - 384GB

So up until that date, I probably have everything that was released. What everything means though is up fo grabs. I do know this 2 torrents only got bigger over time and have some really old stuff in them.

I think the last posting on the the best tables was back in 2015. I am pretty sure the other postings on the "xBAM.FixScore" code were posted before 2021.

If it is too much work, don't worry about it. I'll can wait until Alex releases it. I have been working on Dr. Who anyway.

@GeorgeH
You talking about a topic "My Favourite Tables" at gopinball? not sure I can help with this yet.

In any case, just to make it cleat, I don't have a gopinball website rip. I have tables only.

/edit
Or is it this? https://web.archive.org/web/20180414172058/http://www.gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6176

Or a more visually appealing version: https://web.archive.org/web/20210307120028/http://www.gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6176

and here you have it for the fixscore: https://web.archive.org/web/20210305063726/http://gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=6473

Last edited:
Wow! You found them. Several of us checked the Way Back Machine and only found a few screens worth of content. We all thought the data was gone.

OK I messed up a c&p in there. Corrected now and you should see the fixscore thread at gopinball.

Now, you have links here at PN that pointed to gopinball. Example: http://gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=6473

What you need to do to get the wayback version is substitute the bold part with the link you have from the original website.

Code:
https://web.archive.org/web/20210305063726/http://gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=6473

ok, i'm having trouble puting the bold where I want so it's the viewtopic.php?f=86&t=6473 part :)

IF the page exists in wayback machine, then just go to the latest version of it and do a new version of it here or, something :)

No problem. I found them. Thanks!

Thank you for all that you have done. I'm sure this is something that has been thought of but I'm sure there are a ton of programmer/pinball jockeys that would be interested in assisting you with taking on your legacy and continuing your great work. Is that a possibility? Jack

You have an awesome Legacy with what you have done. Has there been any thought in passing your wonderful work onto some of your dedicated fans/programmers so that they could continue the awesome work you have done?

Jack aka Lake County Pinball Wizzard!

You have an awesome Legacy with what you have done. Has there been any thought in passing your wonderful work onto some of your dedicated fans/programmers so that they could continue the awesome work you have done?

Jack aka Lake County Pinball Wizzard!

We will be continuing the work. We just won't be posting it on PinSimDB anymore.

Alex , I wish to sincerely extend my gratitude for the work you have done for this community.
you have helped make it possible for many of us to enjoy this hobby. Thank You !!
- the last few years have been very difficult for many of us. you are not alone, hang in there, friend.

Backed up the index of tables here:

I might have missed something, pls let me know!

Daaaang, I was diving into it all just this past week. Seems I'm a year late on everything… last year I witnessed the End-of-Life for a few Roller-Coaster Tycoon forums. How about granting asylum to its lost members via a Discord server? It seems to adequately sustain surviving forums like these… Call it 'life support,' maybe; all I know is that it works!

How much of the site is still accessible from the Internet Archive?

I don't have anything regarding GoPinball posts @GeorgeH :(

What I have is the closest thing to a snapshot and out of date at time of release for obvious reasons. The guy who maintained these stop doing it and really in my eyes it is impressive these were maintained for so long. Hercules had is easy in comparison :D

@Isaac Sauvage AO is outdated, still. I recall the versions there being older too so nothing has changed.

Future Pinball (2021-05-13) - 155GB
Visual Pinball (2021-06-10) - 384GB

So up until that date, I probably have everything that was released. What everything means though is up fo grabs. I do know this 2 torrents only got bigger over time and have some really old stuff in them.
Someone else recently (and anonymously) took over the task of updating those FP and VP sets.. the current sets are:

Future Pinball (2022-03-17) (547.2GB)
Visual Pinball (2022-03-03) (152.1GB) (this one was a complete overhaul and reorganization, a massive improvement)

These sets will most certainly be maintained going forward.. preservation will continue. However, finding these will require some asking around. No interest of posting to archive.org due to the likelihood of some of the titles getting the entire set taken down.

Don't shoot the messenger, please. Just passing along info.

I have no problems in sharing those but i'm too damn tired to hunt them. If anyone find them, PM me so I can update my set. I'll share until the HDD dies at least :)

@HailandKill666,
Most excellent.

As a non-torrenter, sounds like I might be out of luck, or need to try reinstalling (last time I accidentally gave myself malware).

Un grand merci pour tout ce travail.
Ce site m 'a permis de rejouer avec des tables que j'avais connu dans ma jeunesse .... que d'heures de nostalgie ...
Bonne continuation a vous et encore un grand merci de France

I am also very interested in mentioned Torrents

Future Pinball (2022-03-17) (547.2GB)
Visual Pinball (2022-03-03) (152.1GB)

If anyone could direct me/us where to find those, it would be really great. I promise that I will share those torrents until end of time :)

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: JonPurpleHaze has posted a new reply in the thread "What music are you listening to?".
      Back