Got an odd target/wall problem

tiltjlp

PN co-founder
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flying Trapeze 1934
As you'll notice when comparing the two SS below, I have 2 targets out of 19 which are behaving strangely. When they are in place, parts of the two vanish. But when I move them away from the wall they are perfectly normal. I tried switching the targets, but the problem isn't thrgets themselves, but rather the wall in that section where those two targets are. Does anyone have a clue way that part of the wall is causing those targets to only partly appear? The SS I posted in WIPs shows one of those targets standing and it's all visible. I'm open to any and all suggestions.

John

Attachments

• noproblem.jpg
    noproblem.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,007
  • problem.jpg
    problem.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 986
Hi, John

I have had this problem before , and the reason was because , the wall behind the drop targets had , HAS HIT EVENT and/or CAN DROP , in OPTIONS CHECKED. That was just a blank wall , but I had copied it from another wall that had the options checked. It was a flash wall from another build of mine and didnt need to be. Make sure to look at those options and UNCHECK them , only for a wall very near a drop target It seems another wall marked can drop or has hit event will make drop targets disappear. If that doesnt fix it then , I'm not sure what else it could be. But I hope that it is the problem and is easily fixed. This problem took me like an hour to figure out on one of my older wips. Later

Thanks Liteuser, I'll check that out, since I'm making my table using someone else's stipped and modified table. It's funny how things can mess up like that sometimes.

John

Well, it wasn't the same problem you had Liteuser. But I reshaped the wall the targets are next to and that solved most of the problem. One of the targets is perfect, and the other is 95% visiable, so I guess I'll try reshaping the wall a bit more and either cure it or totally ruin it.

John

As luck would have it, I ended of ruining the table, so I deleted it, and will start fresh with a new table. So this has turned into a long term project, but since I now know that my technique will work, I will eventually make this table, although the layout will surely be different than the SS. Some of the graphics might change too since I'll have more time to search for exactly what I want. As as I keep experimenting, I might even come up with a few more surprises. I will now retire to my super secret workshop.

John

Hi,
I'm sorry to hear , that my problem and fix wasnt the same as yours because that means, I have yet to have this new problem. Sorry I wasnt any help , It did sound like my same problem , Thats why I replied originally. Best of luck on your new table John, Later

I've heard of folks having a problem with targets and other objects placed near a wall, but this was my first experience with it. What I did was build a second wall to place in front of the first wall, which a shrank. When I placed the targets in front of the new wall before I moved the new wall into place, the targets were perfect. But once I moved the new wall where I needed it, the targets went goofy on me again. Almost as if that spot on the table was possessed with an evil spirit. At least the new table has a lot moreopen space to play with.

John

Like already mentioned, that sort of thing with drop targets is usually caused by drop walls in the same VISUAL range as the targets having problems (they don't neccessarily have to physically overlap on the table). I ran into that with Spectrum (just released) with the blue target bank because I had GI lights effects BEHIND the drop targets there and they were causing parts of two targets to do somethign very similar. I had to reshape the GI walls slightly and move the targets forward slightly. Thankfully, it was just enough to stop the problem.

Lucky for you that you were able to solve your problem Dude. With mine, there weren't any other drop walls other than the target banks. What confounded me was that they had worked perfectly and then all of a sudden two of them looked like they had crumpled for no reason. I even tried changing the position of the targets in the bank, and whichever two I put in those spots had the same problem. I also tried moving them away from the wall, but would have had to have placed them two inches away before they were all completely visible.

John

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: blackspatular is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back