VP8 Williams SS Recreation Grand Lizard 1.0 and Taxi 1.5

Solid State Machines

jpsalas

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Hi all!

These are my 2 latest tables, both are VPM.

Taxi has alredy been uploaded and is available for download.
Grand Lizard is uploading now. It is version 1.0.

Enjoy

JP

Approved after only 1 1/2 hours isn't too shabby, is it? :p

John

Nice work with Grand Lizard JP!

You could add instruction cards to the apron area to the future updates though. ;)

That backdrop is very, very nicely installed. Good job.

Thank you jpsalas. Not bad for a new author to VPM.

Hi all!

It was very fast to approve the table, but it has been only 2 days since I released GL 1.0, and now... 1.1!
I have uploaded the table here, sp it will be approved soon.

New in this version:

Added backdrop scores, adjusted flippers strength, added the rules card and a rules window by pressing "r" or "i".

I saw how PD and Eala did their backdrop scores and I decided not to use reels at all, only lights. It seems that i can't get a driver that shows the reels like it should, so I converted all to lights. Even the letters "Game Over" or "Ball in Play" are lights.

JP

Attachments

• gl_1.1t.jpg
    gl_1.1t.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 532
Nice work... you're quickly improving as an author.

There are plenty of old tables to improve... just ask Destruk. :)

Fantastic releases, especially the latest update to the lizard, slope seems a bit mild, though that's just a personal preference. Great job on the digital lights display, must have taken quite some time. I'm not in the know as far as how VPM drives the displays as such, though I did have a problem when i first tried using reels to display the scoring on TheGyruss. In the end I found I had to split the scores into individual reels for each digit and overlap them slightly to remove fine lines appearing between them. Don't know if that's of any help, but thought I'd mention it anyway.

Also after playing it a bit, I find that the elasticity on all the rubber parts seems a a bit low at .3, should be .4, I feel.

Thanks for the tables. :)

Attachments

• reelscore.jpg
    reelscore.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 510
Thanks for all your comments!

Old tables to improve: someone told me about Genesis (Gotlieb). It looks a fun table, I still havn't looked at the internet for pictures, but I'll do that table if I find enough pictures and maybe a manual.

Elasticity: now I remember! 0.1 iron, 0.2 wood, 0.3 plastic, 0.4 rubber. I'll adjust that on my next release.
Reels: I give up on them, on this table anyway, but they seem very useful so I'm sure I'll take a look at The Gyruss table to see how you did it.

JP

Cool table!

Either I just got really lucky or it’s “easyâ€. During the 2nd ball (after multiple EB’s), the score “turned over†and finally ended up with what would be 11,140,xxx points. And I swear there were no cheats or adjustments made, straight outta the .zip file.

On 3rd ball, I think there were locked balls and after the active ball drained, the locked ones were kicked out but the flippers were still active. The display was prompting for the HSTD initials while the balls were still on the playfield, but the flipper keys would not change the letters and I ended up with 3 blanks. Waited until they had drained and flipper keys still not changing letters. Not that I’m complaining, I know who’s responsible for that score :twisted:

I’ve attached a SS for your review. I don’t know if that’s an issue with the ROM itself and you have no control over or maybe it’s something else.

Either way, great work on this table and thanks for sharing it with us!

Attachments

• gl_hstd.jpg
    gl_hstd.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 501
Destruk wrote in AJ's forums:

"Entering a high score works just fine. As you can see the cabinet has two sets of buttons - one set is for the flippers, one set is for the magna saves. You select letters by pressing the magna save buttons, and then press the start button to put in your selection.

http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1070&...amp;picno=16847

If possible, try to use the predefined constants from vpmkeys.vbs for extra buttons instead of the actual keycodes in the script."

And then he wrote the code I need to change to make the script more compatible to the rest of VPM tables. So now we now! I'll upload the table in a while, I want to test it a little and test a little more the ramps.

JP

I have uploaded version 1.11 to my site, and in a few minutes I'll upload the table here. Not much new, just a few changes based on the input I got from all of you:

- Adjusted elasticity of rubbers (from 0.3 to 0.4)
- changed the slope (from 6 to 7)
- adjusted flippers strengh (weeker flippers, not that you will notice, but maybe the ball will not dissapear back the ramps)
- changed magna keys to standard VPM keys ( A and ' )
- made the blue letters a little lighter and bigger

JP

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: paskite has left the room.
      Back