help me please

hamed19

Pinball Player
Reaction score
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
help me please i am a new one in your forum my big problem is that i can't run laser war pin ball although i've downloaded (visual install pack )and the rom and the table finally i can t play it :verysad::verysad::verysad:
knowing that when i download the rom this message appears: (Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file. )
pleaaaaassssssssssssssssse help and i will never forget your help

thanks by advice

You don't use or need Windows Media Player to play VP tables, so you have something really screwed up

Sounds like file associations are jumbled. Try this: Don't start the table by double mouse click onto the table *.vpt file, but open the table from the file menu in the VP editor and press the play button.

Else: Redownload the rom. In the download dialog make sure that you save the file to your harddisk and don't try to open it with any program (media player).

I just see thats the same question you asked in your PM, so i might as well answer right here. (Sorry i didnt answer sooner but i forgot.)

Anyhow, if you are getting this message when you try to download a ROM then your download manager is obviously set to open the file with WindowsMediaPlayer instead of saving it to your harddrive. This is of course incorrect, you have to select the 'Save File to Disk' option when the download manager opens, then you choose a path where the file should be downloaded to, (i recommend the desktop), and then, when the download is complete, you move the ZIP file safely into your 'ROMs' folder. Thats all.

Note though that although the ROMs are coming packed in a ZIP archive the ZIP archive must not be unpacked! When you successfully downloaded the ROM ZIP to your desktop you just move the ZIP as is into your 'ROMs' folder and youre good to go. The unpacking is then done on-the-fly by VPinMAME whenever you boot the table in VPinball.

Again in short:

1.) Download ROM ZIP to Desktop by selecting 'Save File to Disk' in the Downloadmanager

2.) Move the ROM ZIP as is into your 'ROMs' Folder

Then you can run the table from VPinball and everything should work fine,...

excuse me i am a beginner in the informatic domain

i have downloaded the rom zip file and placed it in the desktop (i have done the first step) but i dont know how to do the second (moving into the rom's file can explain me how to do this or where i can get the roms file

The ROM ZIP file goes into the 'ROMs' folder, not file.

(I assume you know the difference.)

The ROMs folder is located together with all the other folders in the 'Pinball' directory, which again is the folder that holds the installation of the Visual Install Pack. It is located wherever you installed the VIP to, by default that would be the 'Programs' folder on the C:\ Drive, or more precisely C:\Programs\Pinball\ROMs.

So thats where the ROM ZIP file goes. Remember though that in order to play a table you also have to put the table file of the table you want to play into the 'Tables' folder as well. (Table files have a .vpt extension.)

Again in short:

Table file into 'Tables' folder

ROM ZIP file into 'ROMs' folder

Then you can start and play the table.

huge thank

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
MUCH MR PHOENIXX I WILL NEVER FORGET YOUR HELP BECAUSE I CAN RUN THE GAME WITH YOUR ADVICES

don't foget sometimes there are 'font' folders (zipped files) or music zips that must also go into their respective 'pinball' folders. but the instructions are thesame, do NOT unzip them, just place them where needed. Most pins have links or directions as to what you need and where to get it. (rom's, music packs, etc)

don't foget sometimes there are 'font' folders (zipped files) or music zips that must also go into their respective 'pinball' folders. but the instructions are thesame, do NOT unzip them, just place them where needed. Most pins have links or directions as to what you need and where to get it. (rom's, music packs, etc)

There is not one thing correct about this post, every bit of information in it is wrong. You really need to stop trying to help people as I mentioned to you once before..... I can't believe your setup of VP actually works, there is no way it works correctly.....

Damn....

The McD

Same to you, Bob!

The McD

There is not one thing correct about this post, every bit of information in it is wrong. You really need to stop trying to help people as I mentioned to you once before..... I can't believe your setup of VP actually works, there is no way it works correctly.....

I actually appreciate that he's trying to help but just in case others are browsing this thread for info, rom files remain zipped and go into the roms folder, (see Phoenixx's post) Music files should be unzipped and placed into the Music folder.

Fonts should be unzipped and installed into your WindowsSystem/Fonts folder, for me on XP it's C:\WINDOWS\Fonts.
:guitar:

Fonts should be unzipped and installed into your WindowsSystem/Fonts folder, for me on XP it's C:\WINDOWS\Fonts.
:guitar:

I can just select them and press ENTER. Then they will be added into the correct folder.

The McD

you're right on those, but...

ok, my bad, you must first remove music and fonts files from the original d/load then put them into their respective folders. ROM's stay zipped!!
there is that better?
Sorry, I'm so frustrated at this at times, but it's so second nature to d/load now, sometimes I forget about basic instructions.
But I'll tell ya' these broken links are bad! I am talking about the (in)famous Nova pin at PN. the link only goes to the music RAR's NOT the games. I've complained twice about it and keep on getting the runaround. it SAYS it's for thegame but look at the file. It's a music file ONLY. Stuff like this just 'chaps my ass' (movie quote):verysad:
Ok, I'll not offer any more advice anywhere on d/loading ( if I learn something new from VP you're damn straight I'm gonna' post and share the info, though)

But I'll tell ya' these broken links are bad! I am talking about the (in)famous Nova pin at PN. the link only goes to the music RAR's NOT the games. I've complained twice about it and keep on getting the runaround. it SAYS it's for thegame but look at the file. It's a music file ONLY. Stuff like this just 'chaps my ass' (movie quote):verysad:

You do have problems paying attention, don't ya?

Let's see, you're wrong again, Version .094 is available here at PN. Yes, I just checked and so did 2 or 3 other people check and they also told you it's here, but you are probably clicking on the music file, so we can't click the right link for you now, can we....

Here is a direct link to a Nova version .096 if you can figure out how to download it and then open a .rar file and Yes, this link was posted for you also, but I don't know what in the frack you do after you ask a question.

http://rapidshare.com/files/97440585/nova_v.096.rar

I think your problem is..... You ask these questions or make these stupid remarks in a thread and then you must not ever come back to the thread to read the answers people post for you.

Yeah I do come back, I'm also on pinball originals, FP (still trying to get t to work, no luck)IR, IDPB, here, and PN, so it takes me time to get back to you. And I never even heard of a rar file till this pin. I now have d/loaded and used 7zip for unzipping the rar file. My computer didn't even recognize it at all. it kept on trying to just open it, and of course telling me it can't so I thought since 'music' was in the titled name, it was a music file and that was it. I do apologize for all the grief I've caused.

I'm glad you finally got it sorted out.... I bet some of the clocks in your house flash 12:00 all of the time. :cheers:

You can't blame it on age, because I'm older then you are..... :lolsign:

Last edited:
I bet some of the clocks in your house flash 12:00 all of the time.
24.gif
Damn Bob!
21.gif
You need to warn people!
23.gif
I almost spat out the soda I was drinking when I read that...
3.gif

That was funny bob, sometimes i read some of your posts and have to chuckle but i was the same way until i discovered mame and VP...
:pint:

The Nova Table has been updated on Pinball Nirvana due to this thread, never knew that it was updated to 0.96 and as far as i could tell there was nothing wrong with the original links on this site. The music pack is no longer needed but why didn't starman revise the table info from 0.94?

:safesofa:
http://www.pinballnirvana.com/UpDownload-req-viewsdownload-sid-61.html

Nova Flyer:

Starman7007 was a great table author and a nice guy.... His last post at VPF was in 2005, but his last VPF activity was 03-12-2008. I still think his Rapid Vienna table could be voted as the best VP table ever....

I'm not sure what the difference is in the Updated Nova version.... It's really easy to forget to update the table info section.

Lordy! I (finally) got the chance to play Nova...

My first game lasted well over an hour! that is an amazing piece of love there! I can't even call it work as so much went into it! I'm speechless...But damn I'd give my left nut to be able to pruduce anything 1/10 as good...I salute him (cause you have no groveling icon available!):salut:

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: GeorgeH has posted a new reply in the thread "How to Install Addressable LEDs".
      Back