VP9 Help HELP NEEDED! I can't open the table editor in any VP9 except 9.2.1 ! But,I can in VP8 & VP6!!!

1st2MprovFIRE!

Fixed the orig."Fire!" & "4 Roses" tables in '12
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
FIRE!
PLEASE HELP!!! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!! :(
I did a complete re-install of EVERYTHING. But,some old registry keys from an experimental install of B2S files,are keeping me from getting ANY VP9 except, 9.2.1 working And I've got a LOT of tables that require a later form of VP9!!! PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!

I can't find these registry keys! I /know/ that's the only thing messing up my VP9 programs!!! As,I've uninstalled EVERYTHING & the only thing that would survive that,is the stupid B2S-related stuff(I have an old CRT & B2S files are USELESS to me,since they take-up too much of the screen). I made the mistake of following the instructions of activating these files & it has prevented me from using all mid-to-late VP9 forms! I can't even open the editor! The screen just crashes in the middle of attempting to load it!!!!!!!
HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
PLEASE HELP!!! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!! :(
I did a complete re-install of EVERYTHING. But,some old registry keys from an experimental install of B2S files,are keeping me from getting ANY VP9 except, 9.2.1 working And I've got a LOT of tables that require a later form of VP9!!! PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!

I can't find these registry keys! I /know/ that's the only thing messing up my VP9 programs!!! As,I've uninstalled EVERYTHING & the only thing that would survive that,is the stupid B2S-related stuff(I have an old CRT & B2S files are USELESS to me,since they take-up too much of the screen). I made the mistake of following the instructions of activating these files & it has prevented me from using all mid-to-late VP9 forms! I can't even open the editor! The screen just crashes in the middle of attempting to load it!!!!!!!
HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

These are the Registry-keys used:

VP:
- HKCU\ SOFTWARE\Visual Pinball

VPinMAME:
- HKCU\SOFTWARE\Freeware
VPinMAME stores config for every table with ROM:
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Freeware\Visual PinMame\<Tablename>

BackGlassServer:
- HKCU\Software\B2S

Well,I actually Erased EVERY B2S=related Registry entry except those I was literally told I could not delete all values,of. & still,with every form of re-installing possible,I cannot get VP9.1-9.5 working AT ALL. Everytime I attempt to open a table,it shows the editor in white for 2 secs,then crashes...

It must be something other than the B2S stuff,afterall???

I mean,I've tried removing the B2S files & also setting-up a donotexecute file by making a text w/ forcedisableB2S=1 . other forceDOFcommands. Like someone had posted a long time ago on VPForums,when having what sounds like a similar issue...

I'v LITERALLY tried everything that has to do w/ the B2S stuff. The only thing else,would be if I could force the re-install to NOT install the .Net framework,maybe. But,everytime since the first re-install,it no longer asks if I want to install it...

Maybe if I remove the Net framework?? I don't think it will be a prob. for me. As,I don't have anyother games needing it,right now...

Do U know how to un-do the registering of the B2S files??? I mean,removing registry keys doesn't work,4 some reason...

Small correction/update,I can actually get "9.2.1" & the(usually not a good choice 4 tables)"VP9.9 PhysMod5-updated" versions of VP9 to work. But,I've LITERALLY downloaded all other VP9 versions & NONE will work...

Truthfully,if there was a way to force the "Open with..." command to load the table itself,instead of making the editor open,I could possibly make that work. However,there's no way to do that,apparently(I've tried numerous times)...

I've given-up on solving this prob. . I'll just have to play all the VP9 tables w/ VP9.2.1 & hope that they will all allow playing w/ this version. It seems /most/ tables will still work w/ that,from what I'm seeing(I've only checked a small amount of what I have,tho)...

But,somebody needs to fix the B2S thing. So that,if U register & have a single-monitor it doesn't screw-up all of the VP9 versions except the 2 I just mentioned. Or,at least make sure everyone w/ single-monitor setups,know that B2S-required tables MAY cause all VP9 versions except the 2 mentioned above,to stop working. If,they use the B2S Registration app. . Or,possibly,place a "ScreenRes" file that comes w/ a table anywhere w/in their "VisualPinball" folder except where SPECIFICALLY instructed(I mis-placed it in a place /other/ than exclusively w/ the table,since I wasn't familiar). And,now realize it could also possibly be the cause of my probs. ...

Truthfully,I've seen a few reports on VPForums how this causes MANY probs. if you don't have at least 2 monitors or a cabinet setup. So,it's especially important going forward,to warn ppl about the dangers of using B2S tables,in the situations mentioned...

Really,I think this all could've been prevented,if the whole B2S thing is setup as a seperate download-&-install,in the future. And,that 1 is warned if only using a single-monitor(especially,a CRT),that it isn't going to allow seeing the playfield properly. Unless,1 has a wide-screen monitor. As,I /think/ this could be because my monitor isn't widescreen(it's an old-school CRT). BUT,more important than /anything else/,it MUST be forever told from here on,that it goes into areas of the registry that it CANNOT be removed from. So,it's like you're screwed if it doesn't work-out for you & you want it removed(it CANNOT be removed completely)...

Had I been warned in this way,I would NEVER have done this. As,I'm paranoid about using ANYTHING that gets perma-locked into the registry,on the hard-disk itself. Which,is the same as saying: it's impossible to completely remove it...

Anyway,it seems like there wasn't enough testing w/ users that have single-monitor setups(or CRTs),that use various forms of VP9(like me). Or,else it might've happened because of a mix of factors,that triggered the B2S to act like I have 2 monitors,when I don't. I mean,I get the feeling that's a possible reason I'm experiencing an /attempt/ to open the editor,but then it failing,for some reason...

In anycase,someone needs to look into why it won't simply be fixed by erasing everything & re-installing. As,I tried that in numerous different ways. Admittedly,the only thing I haven't tried,was having PinMAME completely removed from the registry,as well. But,that shouldn't be necessary to make re-installs succeed,I would think(uninstalling should be enough). Also,it just controls the DMD & I'm not seeing any signs the DMD is involved...

That does bring up 1 last question I have tho,is it possible the UltraDMD program is conflicting w/ things enough,that I should un-install that & see if it will fix things?? I don't get the impression it should be causing this. But,just wondering if anyone knows...

Well,I will end making any more attempts to re-install or anything like that,since it seems that something is keeping the majority of my VP9 versions from counting as completely new to the system. Or,that the problem infects them as soon as I've installed them. Both scenarios result in nothing being possible to fix things,without a complete re-formatting of the HD,it looks like. And,I'm not going that far at this time. Unless,I run into a significant amount of tables that require a later form of VP9,than VP9.2.1...

That is,I may be able to use VP9.9 Phys Mod still. But,it seems the tables not specifically designed for it,have trouble w/ timing the flippers correctly. That is,I tried to play a table w/ it & immediately learned it /must/ be meant for /specific/ tables,it seems. As,I saw the flippers react late & I had a frame-skip at a critical-moment,several times. Which,caused the ball to drain prematurely(even though I reacted at the right time,it was like the flippers could only react a second later than when I pressed the keys)...

Anyway,hopefully this will cause a re-evalution of the safety of using B2S tables on a single-monitor/CRT. I mean,if I'm LITERALLY the only one w/ this happening to them,then it MUST be because of the specific table(s) I tried it with. Which,I will attach. In hopes,that someone will do some investigating/testing of them & determine if it's because of defective files w/in the .zips(I tried 2 tables,back-to-back). Which,I believe the "Diner" table may have caused this. But,it's possible the 1 before has defective B2S-related files(it came w/ MULTIPLE files,unlike the 2nd tried(Diner))...

I would REALLY like to believe w/ some testing,it can be determined which of the files caused this problem & would likely,therefore,harm others. If,they also are on the same setup as me & use a mix of VP9 versions. But,I doubt the tables are at fault. Since,the probs. only showed-up AFTER I removed the tables & the ScreenRes file,that "Frankenstein" came with(maybe they cause this harm when removed?). Also,I made a separate folder,as instructed. But,placed the "ScreenRes" file in the B2S folder,initially. Causing there to be 2 "ScreenRes" files,for a brief moment. Then,I put it in the tables folder. Before,putting it in w/ the other "Frankenstein" files in that separate folder. Which,I only did all of this,because there wasn't clear instruction,on where to put the ScreenRes file...

Anyway,I'll be sure to warn in CAPS in a moment. Since,some ppl download any attachment they see & won't bother reading all of /this/. So,I will give fair warning. But,these files SHOULD be tested by someone that investigates dangerous file-behavior,that is involved in making sure VP works properly & without risk of harm to various versions of VP9(such as I discovered)...

IF,it's found to be that these tables are defective. But,only in certain situations or something,it should never-the-less be something that becomes known. Since,I'm using an old-school CRT,maybe the WS/B2S tables only cause this problem for those w/ CRTs...

Maybe,WideScreen TV/Monitors are unaffected. Even,if they're part of a single-screen setup. I mean,it's possible being on a single screen doesn't actually do this. That,it only happens if you're using a CRT,like I am?? Anyway,that's all my thoughts on this,for now. So,here's the notice I said I would ensure was given,in case others /can/ be harmed,like I was(due to it being the tables/files in the .zips,afterall)...

FOR ALL WHO SKIP THE ABOVE: THESE TABLES/FILES MAY PREVENT ANY FURTHER USE OF VP9. EXCEPT,"VP9.2.1." & "VP9.9 PHYSMOD-UPDATED". ESPECIALLY,IF USING A SINGLE MONITOR/TV/CRT &/OR YOU USE THE B2S REGISTRATION APP. INCLUDED WITH THE "MARY SHELLEY'S FRANKENSTEIN" .ZIP &/OR YOU PLACE THE "ScreenRes" FILE ANYWHERE(LITERALLY),INCLUDED W/ THE "MARY SHELLEY'S FRANKENSTEIN" .ZIP. AS,THESE ARE THE FILES WHICH,USED IN SOME UNKNOWN COMBINATION,HAVE CAUSED ALL VERSIONS(EXCEPT,THE 2 LISTED ABOVE)OF VP9 TO CEASE WORKING,AT ALL,FOR ME! You have been warned...

Attachments

• Frankenstein, Mary Shelleys (Sega 1995) dB2S DT ColorDMD VP912_WS MOD v1.0.3b.zip
    51.9 MB · Views: 0
  • Diner_WS_B2S edited.zip
    22.8 MB · Views: 0
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: paskite has left the room.
      Back