Hope Springs Eternal In Spite Of Randy's Message

tiltjlp

PN co-founder
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flying Trapeze 1934
Randys last post at VPF:

Ok, so as I understand it currently, some people are still crashing on exiting tables in Windows 2000 SP4. Are there any other OS's? For the time it is still crashing, is it any worse than VP 6.1?

There was also someone with a massive slowdown. Does anybody else have this? I know the new release is a little slower than previous ones (even with antialiasing turned off), but given that it's a new compiler it may just be something we have to live with.

Are there any other outstanding bugs going from 6.1 -> Xp2 Fix4?

Lots of good suggestions, but I don't know how much time I will have to make new features. I'm really just concentrating on making everying work that is currently supposed to work.

- Randy

So here is the whole thing in a nutshell folks. Randy isn't any bit different than any of us. The only reason he came back is because he needs a lot of beta testers, which is a lot cheaper than buying every possible OS/Browser available, and testing it all himself. I even know who Randy really is, and what his plans are for VP. And why there will never be a VP7. Maybe an 8, but never a 7.

Randy is the alter ego of someone we all know, Mitchell. Think about it, who has been more excited and rechanrged by Randy returning. But Mitchell isn't who he appears to be. Mitchell is the alter ego of SmurfDude. Don't believe me, think about it, what better cover would Dude have than someone who makes short and often cryptic posts? Gauged against Dude's articulate ramblings, no one would ever be wiser.

Actually, Randy/Mitchell/Dude have no intension of ever bringing out a VP7, since he/they have entered into a deal with Black/AJ/Kinsey to fiddle around with VP fixes without actually making any improvements so that when Future Pinball is ready to be rolled out at $?? per copy, we'll be thankful for anything that even promises to even Maybe work that it will be scooped up quick as a bunny. Once FP has made a pocket full of money, and has been proven to be even buggier than VP, then Randy/Mitchell/Dude will return with the snake oil called VP8.5, and offer it for sale.

At that point tiltjlp/PTBarnum will simply shake his head and line some more suckers up for profiles, one revised edition with every full priced set of VP8.5 and Future Pinball666. At that point SteveOz/Bob will simply nod and think to himself, dam clever of one and all, and to all, a Happy St Nick night on December 5th.

John/PTBarnum ;) :p

Finally, an explanation that at least sounds feasible.

But how do you explain Leo? :shock:

I think Mr Wanker is beside himself, or in other words, Leo Wanker/Leon Spalding, and it's a struggle against his prue and virginal VP persona and his normal [if normal can be applied to an Aussie] low life personality. Not that he himself is low life, but years of playing Austrailaian rules football have scrambled his brains, and he thinks he is really Anna Nicole Smith. So we should try to be extra kind to Loe/Leon every Wednesday.

John

PS: sometimes being a writer really comes in handy, you know?

More comments from Randy

Actually I think I will disable that control until an official VP 7 and work with people making displays to make that feature work before going and revving the file format. No reason to have the feture when all there is to add is boring system controls.

So Randy does plan on a VP7, just possibly not any time soon. As far as I'm concerned, since I can only do very basic coding, new features aren't that important to me. I would like a more stable program so it doesn't lock up when I'm working on a table, and I'd love an auto-code feature, where all I'd have to do is add in my variables. Randy mentioned an auto-save feature, which could be useful, but most of the new feature folks would like would be for more talented authors than me.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see as many features as possible, I'd simply like to see them made semi-automatic for those of us less gifted authors. In fact, the only interest I have in Future Pinball is that maybe it will make developing tables easier for me. As Dude and various others much more advanced than I am have proven, the current version of VP can be used to produce amazing results, so rather than more gadgets, how about a Skill Enhancer for those of us who are little more than bums. And I agree with Bob's assessment of Mr Wanker, I just don't use those kinds of terms.

John :oldman

Actually Randy is AJ, notice the similarities, the answer to nothing or noone policy. ;)

Also this way Randy AJ gets donations for a program that cannot be sold as a package with VPinmame. :twisted:

Ah hahahahahahahahaha, BOOM, tish! :evil_laugh:

At least if I'm really Randy, that would explain why I have no time to work on VP. :twisted: Yeah, that was even funnier if you imagine it in an Austin Powers voice. :twisted:

To be fair, I can't make tables AND work on VP at the same time dammit. You people got to decide which you'd rather see! ;) :D :twisted:

-A Randy Dude (who should take a cold shower)

Actually, you were wrong about one part, John. I'm actually AJ & Randy. Mitchell is one of Black's two alter-egos (Kinsey is the other). And you all thought Black had no sense of humor! :twisted:

It's been fun guys, but since the cat's out of the bag, it's time for me to disappear (and AJ and Randy too). Black might stick around to sell our FP program (the new VP betas are rigged to erase your computers' hard drive shortly after FP's planned release date so the whole community will have no choice but to start all over again and buy the new product.). I'm kidding about that last part of course. ;) :twisted:

Well, all this talk about dual identities is getting confusing. I wonder if I had an alter eog, if it was a really foxy lady, would I enjoy being beside myself? But before you bid of farewell SmurfDude, here is an alter avatar for you. I tried to morph it into an actual SmurfDude, but I didn't like the results, so instead, here is NeonDude.

John, and no one else, dangit

Attachments

• neondude.jpg
    neondude.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 237
Wow, I feel like watching TRON all of a sudden. :D

bob said:
panda55 said:

a self-righeous bastard :twisted:

Better to be right than to be a low life gutter trash with no morals.

How nice it is to find this.
Oscar Wilde said "There is only one thing worse than being talked about and that is not being talked about".

Leo, if you lightened up a bit you might not be seen as being self-righteous. That happens to be the part of Bob's comment I agreed with, not the second part. Unless you're happy that VPF/shivaSite have been down so often lately, then we feel exactly the same, I'm not any to happy about that either. But if you are going to berate others for their opinions, then you have to expect people to react.

John

John. I couldn't care less if the VPF goes down every now and then.
You see for me VP is a HOBBY not my LIFE.
If the VPF is not up on a particular day that I wish to read it well.... BIG DEAL.
It WILL be there tomorrow. No great loss.
Some of you lot need to get a life outside of the internet.
If people in the VP scene spent as much effort making or helping to make tables
as they do with "pissin and moaning" we'd as a whole would be much better off.

Well Leo, I don't see voicing my opinion as pissing and moaning. But I do agree that if folks spent more time and effort working on and testing their tables, we'd all benefit. Right now I have six WIP in various stages, and two of them hopefully will be released fairly soon. While I don't see a problem with people having different opinons, aprreantly you do, so feel free to disagree with me whenever you feel the need. And as soon as shiva is able to move his site to a seperate server, then my feelings about VPF will more closely mirror yours.

John

Leo Wanker said:
bob said:
panda55 said:

a self-righeous bastard :twisted:

Better to be right than to be a low life gutter trash with no morals.

How nice it is to find this.
Oscar Wilde said "There is only one thing worse than being talked about and that is not being talked about".

Who said you were right? Who has more low life gutter trash with no morals posts since VPFF closed? You or me? Check it out Leon? I always said VPFF was more suited for you than most people. :) You very seldom post anything at VPF anymore outside of your release threads that the moderators don't ask you to edit.

Yes, your always right... :roll:

Sure he has other posts beside his release threads Bob. His hobby seems to be telling me I'm "pissing and moaning" whenever I voice any opinion about VPF that he doesn't agree with. He always ends up saying later that his comments aren't directed at me, but then why does he always pop up right after I've posted what he sees as negative opinions.

If Mr Wanker really doesn't care anything about VPF, then why do my comments always meet with his ire? If he really didn't care, then nobodies opinion should matter to him one way or the other.

John

once again you don't have your facts straight John.
I never said I didn't care about the VPF. (show me where I did)
I said I didn't care if it goes down every now and then.
This is the problem your reading things that I haven't even written.
Oh and Bob you should know this well..
UP YOURS!
I really couldn't care less what a bunch of faceless internet names think.
It did get my ire when I saw that I was being "slandered" behind my back.
Which I might add is a COWARDLY act.
My circle of REAL face to face friends will tell you that I AM VERY FORTHRIGHT but they know that because of this
I will NEVER bullshit them. If I have a problem with them I tell them FACE to FACE no matter what the consequences may be.
Well the same applies to any forum I visit. What Bob said is true if what I have to say gets me an RO or some other DA then so be it.
You won't see me throwing a tantrum in the dirt like a LOT of others in the past.
Like me or not I'm here till I decide to leave and NO ONE will make me do so before hand and
If you want to give me a hard time then I will return in kind BUT, you will NEVER see me pull one of Pacboy's "I'm not going to make any more tables
unless the admins DA that nasty poster picking on me" tantrums.
I will continue making tables as I see fit. If you play them fine, if not fine as well.
Over and out.

See we are very alike Leo, difference being that if a see something in the forums that can be made fairer or better then I ask the people who make the forum possible, the posters.

Leo Wanker said:
UP YOURS!

:lolsign:

I hope you know that when I say you're a "self-righeous bastard" that I mean it in the nicest way. If there is one thing about you that never changes, it's your attitude... It is constant, your opinions never change, your outlook is always the same, you never waver indecisively, you are very bold in your beliefs, :blahblah: and BTW, in this instance, the word "bastard" means that you are not a very nice person and "self-righteous" means that you always think you're morally correct. I actually believe that you are about as narrow-minded as anyone I have ever had the pleasure to talk to.

I may/can be a prick, but at least I appear to be happy. When you say this is just an internet forum and we should get a life, I then say to you... Try to enjoy or at the very least, not fight with the internet personna's that some of us have created, we can be entertaining at times. Life is too short to :blahblah:

Wow, Pacboy is the best Wanker can come up with? :p

I don't recall ever withholding ANY tables EVER for such a reason so I don't know where Wanker gets this stuff from. I did threaten to leave a message board (and go to a different one) once due to the ridiculous attacks that were showing up there from a small group there, but changed my mind when I realized I was giving some of Wanker's seeming friends (like Cowboy) just what they wanted. Tough.

Talk about getting one's facts wrong....

bob said:
I hope you know that when I say you're a "self-righeous bastard" that I mean it in the nicest way. If there is one thing about you that never changes, it's your attitude... It is constant, your opinions never change, your outlook is always the same, you never waver indecisively, you are very bold in your beliefs,

Well I'll take that as a compliment as there is one thing for sure. You are NEVER left guessing with me. You WILL know where you stand one way or the other.

bob said:
and BTW, in this instance, the word "bastard" means that you are not a very nice person

Well that is one HUGE piece of arrogant presumption considering you have NEVER met me.

bob said:
and "self-righteous" means that you always think you're morally correct.

That's correct I do. I consider my "morals" to be better than most but, you know what they say: "Nobody's perfect".

bob said:
I actually believe that you are about as narrow-minded as anyone I have ever had the pleasure to talk to.

Once again, arrogant presumption. I am tolerant of a wide variety of things. i.e. I don't believe in "god" but, I respect my fellow mans right to believe as long as they don't "invade" my space with their beliefs (e.g. Jehovah's as I kicked a couple of them off my doorstep this morning).
Here's one you might get a laugh out of:
Two days ago my next door neighbour who's name is Robert (bob no BS) had a go at me for emptying my mower catcher into a waste bag. (he's a "greenie"or "environmentalist"). My green recyclable wheelie bin was already chock full you see. He was being quite rude about it. I immediately cut him off and pointed out that he is driving a clapped out Nissan Bluebird that burns oil like nothing I have ever seen. BIG plumes of oil smoke every time he hits the gas pedal and he had the audacity to get on my case about not being ecological.
I have no tolerance for blatant BS. Does this make me "narrow minded".
Bitching abut the forums being down every now and then is petty BS. There are more important things in life to worry about.

bob said:
I may/can be a prick, but at least I appear to be happy. When you say this is just an internet forum and we should get a life, I then say to you... Try to enjoy or at the very least, not fight with the internet personna's that some of us have created, we can be entertaining at times. Life is too short to :blahblah:

I don't deliberately seek to fight with anyone but, BS me and I WILL tell you that your speaking shit, push me and I WILL push back, take a swing at me and I WILL swing back. Been there done all of that.
Damn that took longer than I thought.

Pacdude said:
Wow, Pacboy is the best Wanker can come up with? :p

I don't recall ever withholding ANY tables EVER for such a reason so I don't know where Wanker gets this stuff from. I did threaten to leave a message board (and go to a different one) once due to the ridiculous attacks that were showing up there from a small group there, but changed my mind when I realized I was giving some of Wanker's seeming friends (like Cowboy) just what they wanted. Tough.

Talk about getting one's facts wrong....

Never said you did BUT, you THREATENED too on many occasions.
Cowboy??? Never had much to do with him so, once again you seem to be grasping for straws.
Carry on.

Mr Wanker, Pinball Nirvana operates a bit differently than your VPF does. We have never, and have no plans to begin editing anyone's posts, and surely would never ban or R/O a member. While I don't agree with you a lot of the time, I enjoy all of our discussions and debates. Seemingly unlike you, I believe there is room for diverse opinions, and at least here, every side of an issue gets heard.

In fact about the only hard and fast rule we have is that we should all attempt to be civil, which doesn't mean we can't disagree, and even taunt someone in a good natured way. As for your charge of anyone here talking behind your back, how so? Every comment I have read concerning you has been posted in an open forum for you to see and respond to, which I feel is healthier than if we were in a private chat room slanderig you.

In R/L you may indeed be a fine and upstanding fellow, but all we can go by is our impressions of you based on your Internet being. And that persona, as I see it, is of a narrow minded, opinionated blowhard who see only Black and While in a Gray world. And no, it isn't important to my life in general if VPF is off-line so often. But as a member of the VP community, yes, it is a concern, and yes, it is troubling. So feel free to blast away, rant if you will, and within reason, argue and debate one and all to your heart's content. Now isn't our approch refeshing when compared to VPF, especially the VPFof old?

John

Leo Wanker said:
bob said:
and BTW, in this instance, the word "bastard" means that you are not a very nice person

Well that is one HUGE piece of arrogant presumption considering you have NEVER met me.

I know this is a common misconception of alot of people, but I have met you, at least the "Leo Wanker" you portray online and this is the person I'm speaking about.

Leo Wanker said:
I don't deliberately seek to fight with anyone but, BS me and I WILL tell you that your speaking shit, push me and I WILL push back, take a swing at me and I WILL swing back. Been there done all of that.
Damn that took longer than I thought.

This is the major difference between us and why we seem to seldom agree... 99% of the time, if you deliberately try to pick a fight with me, I will BS you. If you BS me, I will BS you. If you push me, I'll still BS you. If you take a swing at me, I'll really BS you.

When a Jehova's Witness comes to my door, I enjoy stepping out on the font porch and trying to outBS them :) I enjoy all types of people, I'm probably the most misunderstood person on the forums, because most of my posts are for my own enjoyment and full of BS.

I like BS, but I don't bully or pick on people that appear weak or helpless (I'm not saying that you do this either) but I usually only BS the BS'ers and there are plenty of them connected with VP.

I just wish that more VP'ers would seem to actually enjoy themselves, this is a game and for some it's as serious as a heart attack.

Bob said:
I just wish that more VP'ers would seem to actually enjoy themselves, this is a game and for some it's as serious as a heart attack.

My point exactly. I enjoy VP greatly. You'd have to to re-create 59 tables.
I enjoy the forums and VP too until some whiny puss bucket starts with the political BS and this is where this all started.
Why don't they just go play or make a pinball instead of smearing every thing in their political agendas?
We are not so different as you would like to think.
The main difference is I don't hold my opinions back because it MIGHT annoy someone.
If it's the truth then you can't hide from it.
If I am wrong I WILL admit to it and appologise to those concerned. (have done so on many occasions)
There it is in a nutshell. There are many people in these forums that wouldn't admit their wrong even if
you stuck a red hot poker up their backsides.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: GeorgeH has posted a new reply in the thread "Sounds library".
      Back