Tutorial BAM How Creating Custom Model of and with Bam(in TGA way)!!

I just finished the tutorial. I will be able to optimize the loading time of my tables
I'm glad that this helped you!
some information that I discovered as I finalized and converted the Goldrake models

When adding the trigger to determine the position of the model, if the same cordinates are inserted as the model existing in the trigger you will get the same position as the TGA model when you create it in BAM

This "Gokumodel.height = 85" parameter that I am sure you have changed the value, allows you to enlarge the model in the TGA, then it should be put to "0" if you want the model in the TGA to be the same as the existing one, if you want it more great then change it how much it is necessary

As I did on Goldrake, you can have models with extra -large polygons and that do not affect the loading of the table.
As for the animations in the TGA, I believe that only as Gimli suggests is it possible, I don't know if they can animate with the function in mini-playfield......I in Goldrake I left the animated models in the way I use, only replaced in HQ, I can only help you in the way I use.

Last edited:
yes thanks guys, I will experiment with it in more depth soon. I thought I noticed that even if we delete the models after having previously imported them and redo them all in tga, it does not improve when loading. As if the damage had already been done before. But it also remains to be tested... I may be wrong.

You probably know it and already done, but have you eliminated them in the model manager? Then reset fpram, save and go out, also eliminate the old CFG,then open.

Just a question: when you load the table how much time does it take time to upload the models..... in this I mean?
Cattura1.JPG?

Then if you have textures not in power2, and many.... this also affects the totatle loading.

You probably know it and already done, but have you eliminated them in the model manager?
yes and I rename it later, but the damage is done.

And to keep the “Sphere map” style textures, is there a way to achieve this? For the moment I am dividing the models to have several textures. Is there a way to import them all in one?

yes and I rename it later, but the damage is done.
I don't understand, what did you rename?
I don't understand what you mean with "the damage is done"....if you are referring to the models remade in bam, and you didn't have the result I had, then maybe there is something else at play...I assure you that after having done the work on "goldrake" I have a total of more than 120,0000 polygons on the table in "tga" in normal models I would have the fp crash,and I open the table in 10 seconds.

And to keep the “Sphere map” style textures, is there a way to achieve this?
Where? in bam or fp? or what? are we talking about models and assigning texture?

For the moment I am dividing the models to have several textures. Is there a way to import them all in one?
this has always been a problem of mine too, because I use "milkshape" I have never understood if there is a tool for dividing an entire model to assign a single texture, in a complete way (in 3d)I mean, and then create a single texture with the ones you assigned individually, I know it's difficult to understand, but sometimes I do like you and divide the model (found on the internet) to assign a texture that I create myself, because you don't have a texture provided for that model, consequently you are forced to do the work piece by piece.
I remember that "Steve" told me that there is a program to do this job, but I never understood what it was.
if you use "milkshape" I can help you somehow.

in fact I thought I could improve the loading of "Christmas" but even if I delete the already existing models to replace them with tga models, the startup time remains the same. "wrong already done"...

Otherwise I did some “Sphere maps” tests

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Mfj3nB8couFiIJB9hf8hGSbshW7_y9gK/view?usp=sharing

for milkshape I can now create amnimations and import into Fp. I think I found a solution to the texture here...

https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/threads/meet-the-man-of-your-dream.19743/page-3#post-122629

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: keefus is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back