How long is your projects list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiltjlp

PN co-founder
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flying Trapeze 1934
There is a thread at VPF asking how large your VP collection is, and now that I have VPM working again, I'll have to do a new count. But since most of us will never regularly play most of the tables we've collected, I have what I think is a more interesting question for all our authors. If you're anything like me, you are on a neverending search for images for future tables. I've gotten fairly quick at making tables, especially bagatelle and toy pins, but still, I find decent images a lot faster than I can crank them out. Right now, my image do-to list is getting very close to 400.

Now of course I use the best of the lot for the tables I end up making, and there's probably no way I'll ever use all the images I have. But every other night I spend several hours searching for more images. And the more I search, the more inventive I get with my seraching, which means my list will continue to grow. So now I only use the cream of the crop, although sometimes I have to use whatever I can find, which isn't always first rate. So, now large is your projects image file?

John

How long is my project list? It's rather short at the moment. about 25 or so games.

destruk said:
How long is my project list? It's rather short at the moment. about 25 or so games.

I'm amazed. I would have figured yours would be longer than mine, which is 390 right now, but I haven't gone hunting for images yet today. If you run out, I'll lend you some of mine. I wonder if the VpinMAME team could create a ROM for Gottlieb's Flying Trapeze, which I think is light years beyond my abilities.

John

You'd have to talk to Okaegi about that one - generally we don't create roms for games that don't use them. That game uses an electrically operated ringing bell too! :)

my list used to be only a dozen or so but most were all crazy originals so required more planning than most tables i think.

a couple i can remember:

warlords (based on the old arcade game)
breakout (released, but not really what i was hoping for)
tarzana (a game that took place thru the view of a microscope culture of protozoans)
billiards (i meant to fix the physics and do custom graphics for the balls rolling but never got around to it)
NES rollerball (re-creation, had four levels which would have been a fun challenge in VP)
tsukuda pachinko (an LED handheld game- this would have looked really neat in VP and i was pretty excited at one time about it)

well i managed to release three tables and solved the technical challenges on three other tables, so six isn't bad i guess. of course compared to you guys and PD, eala and will degelmann (WTF happened to that dude?) six prolly represents your first two weeks of work. :D

nicolas.b said:
my list used to be only a dozen or so but most were all crazy originals so required more planning than most tables i think.

a couple i can remember:

warlords (based on the old arcade game)
breakout (released, but not really what i was hoping for)
tarzana (a game that took place thru the view of a microscope culture of protozoans)
billiards (i meant to fix the physics and do custom graphics for the balls rolling but never got around to it)
NES rollerball (re-creation, had four levels which would have been a fun challenge in VP)
tsukuda pachinko (an LED handheld game- this would have looked really neat in VP and i was pretty excited at one time about it)

well i managed to release three tables and solved the technical challenges on three other tables, so six isn't bad i guess. of course compared to you guys and PD, eala and will degelmann (WTF happened to that dude?) six prolly represents your first two weeks of work. :D

I tinker with the billiards engine every once in a while. I'll have to dig around and see if I stall have your Breakout or not. Well, after a while I realized all I had to do in most cases was switch images and lightly rework the script. As for Will/druadic. the last he wrote he was ahead of schedule on a team project outside the US for a massive game level update thing, or something like that. He says he might return to VP late summer of next year. And then two weeks later he fusses about VP and says he might never return. Sounds like good ole Will, doesn't it?

John

My to do list is longer than it has ever been before.... It's two.

Mad Mag and TAF_TV for FP.

Even in my real life I don't like plans for the future :) One day at a time is alright for me.

Well, you've picked two of my favorites Bob. I wish I could be more spontanious like you are, but I was an organizer and list maker even as a kid.

John

How long is a piece of string?

Seriously, my list is as long as the list of graphics I can find which will make good reproductions and, you never know, I might make another original one day.

DS

Mines about eight but I dont usually recreate anyways, i usualyl do originals.

cool. which originals?

Soem of my originals are either in progress or availible at vp-originals.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "(mis)Adventures in Cooking".
      Back