How to Move a DMD on the Backbox Using Script Code or Make It Disappear? [Solved]

GeorgeH

Flippered Out
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Attack From Mars
Is it possible to move a DMD on a backbox by code in the script? I am not interested in moving a HUD DMD, just the backbox DMD. I know the "moveto" BAM script exists, but I am not sure it has been used on a backbox. How would I code it?

I ended up asking Rav how to make a DMD disappear. It turns out to be very simple:

xBAM.CreateAllExt()
DispDmd1Ext.Visible = false

See the attached demo table. Press T and Y after starting the game. Search GeorgeH in script.

He said he can't move something on a second monitor. Miniplayfield can move things, but it is used only on the main screen.

The method posted by Popotte that uses a miniplayfield works on a setup with single monitor but not on a second monitor. You can make a DMD appear to move by adding 2 DMDs and switch visibility between the two.

Attachments

• DMD Dissappear.fpt
    224 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I didn't realize you wanted it to appear and disappear on a second monitor....
Question, does that command work, both with miniplayfield and without?

I didn't realize you wanted it to appear and disappear on a second monitor....

All cabinets use a second monitor and I want my tables to be compatible with cabinets. I thought JP's method might work on a second monitor if the DMD was installed on the backbox and miniplayfield was used to move it. He added the DMD to the playfield and moved it to the backbox and then moved it to a hidden location.

Anyway, it is easier to code with Rav's new method so I prefer to use it and I think it will work on a second monitor.

Question, does that command work, both with miniplayfield and without?
The demo table I posted above does not have a miniplayfield and it works. I was able to make Rav's new code work on JP's demo table that has the miniplayfield.

So the answer is yes.

Latest posts

P
Replies
Views
Pinball News
P
Replies
Views
Poor Man's Pinball Podcast
P
Replies
Views
For Amusement Only EM and Bingo Pinball Podcast
F
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: momohoho27 has left the room.
      Back