"I'm looking for this backglass. Do you have it?"

I agree but don’t have that level of experience with VP. I did find some low resolution images that I’ve attempted to improve upon but was hoping someone had already done so with good success.

Attachments

• 300 revised final.jpeg
    300 revised final.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 8
I agree but don’t have that level of experience with VP. I did find some low resolution images that I’ve attempted to improve upon but was hoping someone had already done so with good success.
And a view from back for blocking transparency

Attachments

• IMG_9355.png
    IMG_9355.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 3
I recognise that as being sourced from BGResto, but even after cleaning, upscaling, then using GIMP to remove the red 'target marks' in the corners, I don't think the final resolution & quality is going to be near the level of Wildman's version.

Why not just use Wildman's art?

I recognise that as being sourced from BGResto, but even after cleaning, upscaling, then using GIMP to remove the red 'target marks' in the corners, I don't think the final resolution & quality is going to be near the level of Wildman's version.

Why not just use Wildman's art?
Can you upload it?

Can you upload it?
Right, so I tried to open the B2S file from VPU just now, and it looks like my "B2S Backglass Designer 1.2" editor is now out of date. Flip!

So here's what you do-- 1) download the B2S file from the link I provided, then 2) download the latest, general "B2S backglass designer" from reputable site, such as ours, VPF, VPU, or dev-site, 3) open the newly-downloaded B2S file, then "save to local disk" the graphics you need, including the mask-out file.

Okay. I feel like a dummy because I can’t figure this out. I got the B2s image but I can’t figure out how to edit it and extract the image.

Any help is appreciated

I downloaded B2S server but it won’t run on my Windows 10 computer. The B2S screen resolution identifier just pops up with the default screenres txt display1.

I can’t figure how to load up my download image.

Need help

I downloaded B2S server but it won’t run on my Windows 10 computer. The B2S screen resolution identifier just pops up with the default screenres txt display1.

I can’t figure how to load up my download image.

Need help
I believe you want the specific editing tool I mentioned above, not the B2S server. IIRC, the server is for running the B2S files alongside the tables, i.e. playing the table on one monitor, with the backglass on another, like 'cabinet' folks do. That's not going to help you in this case.

Get the latest version of the specific editor I mentioned above at VPF.

Open the B2S file you downloaded earlier, and IIRC, cycle through the images from a list, then right-click-save the ones you want.

I believe you want the specific editing tool I mentioned above, not the B2S server. IIRC, the server is for running the B2S files alongside the tables, i.e. playing the table on one monitor, with the backglass on another, like 'cabinet' folks do. That's not going to help you in this case.

Get the latest version of the specific editor I mentioned above at VPF.

Open the B2S file you downloaded earlier, and IIRC, cycle through the images from a list, then right-click-save the ones you want.
I’m trying to register my account with VPF but they haven’t sent me the validation email yet. Not sure what’s up but we make another attempt shortly. I’m hoping that will help me figure this all out.

Thanks for your support

I’m trying to register my account with VPF but they haven’t sent me the validation email yet. Not sure what’s up but we make another attempt shortly. I’m hoping that will help me figure this all out.

Thanks for your support
Okay, I grabbed the latest version from the developer page and uploaded here in "Resources," where it appears top of the list at the moment.

You could also grab it yourself from the GitHub link, provided in the resource entry.

Let me know how that goes...

Okay, I grabbed the latest version from the developer page and uploaded here in "Resources," where it appears top of the list at the moment.

You could also grab it yourself from the GitHub link, provided in the resource entry.

Let me know how that goes...
Perfect! Got it installed and loaded up.

Perfect! Got it installed and loaded up.
Here is what I ended up with. The pink section should be clear when printed on front adhesive vinyl translite.

Attachments

• 300 (Gottlieb 1975) Dark Final Pink clear.jpg
    300 (Gottlieb 1975) Dark Final Pink clear.jpg
    858.3 KB · Views: 9
And something like this for the back once installed on glass. I would print off the sections of the test in reverse as shown in this image and place them on that back of image to block out the background light.

Attachments

• 300 (Gottlieb 1975) reverse side.png
    300 (Gottlieb 1975) reverse side.png
    82.5 KB · Views: 3
Here is what I ended up with. The pink section should be clear when printed on front adhesive vinyl translite.
What color would they need to be in terms of an image? Black or white, perhaps?

You can also set those pink areas as 'transparent' in terms of a GIF or other format, but I'm not sure if that actually helps you in the printing process.

I didn't fully realise you were reconstructing a backglass by hand. That's cool & impressive, and something I know very little about.

Well, I am very new at it and have had some limited success. It’s not perfect but a lot better than nothing. I am struggling finding a place with 1/8 tempered glass so I might have to do it with flat glass.

Attachments

• Zephyr vectorizer.ai.95.jpg
    Zephyr vectorizer.ai.95.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 16
Okay, so I modified my final image and applied a RED colour (Hex EC1C24) that you will need to set to Transparent for printing on a vinyl transparent film. The image has been resized in resolution for Backglass 25.5 x 23.5.

Enjoy
Andre

Attachments

• Gottlieb 300 Backglass (25.5x23.5).png
    Gottlieb 300 Backglass (25.5x23.5).png
    3.7 MB · Views: 7
Enjoy
Andre
Ah, bien travail, Andres!
Svp, vous va montres ton travail pour l'education, en suite?

What I'm trying to say is like: "Good work, matey! Could you please keep us curious people up to date on the project?"

Would appreciate any and all corrections!

I’ll take a photo of the final results when complete
Okay. Got my graphics back after many days of back and forth work to ensure the clear background is done right. I eventually had to convert my pdf file to vectorized PS so they can edit in the clear background.

It turned out really good. $10 for 1/8” 24x26 plexiglass and about $40 including shipping on the vinyl front adhesive print.

www.bannerbuzz.com

Attachments

• IMG_9420.jpeg
    IMG_9420.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9419.jpeg
    IMG_9419.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9418.jpeg
    IMG_9418.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 10
Okay. Got my graphics back after many days of back and forth work to ensure the clear background is done right. I eventually had to convert my pdf file to vectorized PS so they can edit in the clear background.

It turned out really good. $10 for 1/8” 24x26 plexiglass and about $40 including shipping on the vinyl front adhesive print.

www.bannerbuzz.com
Oh I still need to adhere (or stencil) the tilt,game over, match numbers and player ball so the light will brighten them through translite

Oh I still need to adhere (or stencil) the tilt,game over, match numbers and player ball so the light will brighten them through translite
One more interesting thing to mention is that I did bid on a used backglass for the game and won it for $30. So I now have the original which I’ll save for when I sell the game.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: qinnuendo has left the room.
      Back