Image Scroller, Yea or Nay

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiltjlp

PN co-founder
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flying Trapeze 1934
Being on dial-up, sometimes the site loads very slowly, and once loaded, pages can take forever to load. Jon doesn't think removing the scrolling images would make much of a difference, and maybe he's right. But it seems to me that the site ran a lot faster for me before that module was activated.

I could simply turn that feature off, but I feel like the forum isn't just mine, but also the members, since without all of you, it sure would get lonely. Personally, since the Image Gallery is just a click away, I never much cared for the scroller. But the majority will decide, and the poll will run for 10 days.

Super Spidey Bob has always felt that there should be a forum ran by majority vote. Now this isn't going to happen here, but when I can, I'd like to involve y'all in some of the decisions. So have your say now or don't fuss if you don't like the outcome.

I have never liked it
when all it showed was old time machines, I was willing to bite my tongue
now it seems to be filled with images with out titles (at the start, each image had a title, one could then search out an interesting table)
now, clicking on a pic just brings you to a larger picture

I don't see the relevance to flipperless pinball

scroll up to the top of the page and click on "maximize" and the scrolling images go away

scroll up to the top of the page and click on "minimize" and the scrolling images appear

Thanks to JPH for adding this for me a long time ago.

:)

bob said:
scroll up to the top of the page and click on "maximize" and the scrolling images go away

scroll up to the top of the page and click on "minimize" and the scrolling images appear

Thanks to JPH for adding this for me a long time ago.

:)

Yeah, I know about that, although I never use it. I'll have to try it and see if the speeds thing up. Site speed, of lack thereof, is the reason for the poll, since a lot of folks gripe about the site being slow.

John

Tilt, I haven't griped about the site being slow
it is good that the site mirrors the guy who runs it :p

I bought up the issue as I felt there were too many pictures of things that did not fit in at this site

TheManFromPOST said:
Tilt, I haven't griped about the site being slow
it is good that the site mirrors the guy who runs it :p

I bought up the issue as I felt there were too many pictures of things that did not fit in at this site

Good shot there TMFP. Several other folks have fussed about the site being slow, and it seems to me it was a good bit quicker before the scroller began. And to set the record straight, I am not slow, but rather half-fast. :p

John

I'm not -- let me think about that for a minute --------- slow? :)

OK, 5 votes all to lose the scroller, so it's history.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back