Creature from the Black Lagoon (Bally, 1992) VP8

VP8 Bally SS Recreation It only took a year! Scapinos CFTBL v1.0 is here. v1.0 2020-01-28

No permission to download
Solid State Machines

scapino

Pinball Wizard
Solutions
Reaction score
Get it at...

http://www.scapinosvpins.com
and at AJ's eventually.

First Release v1.0 5-17-2007

Can you believe it? A YEAR in the making!!!

Its not that its was complicated (in fact its a rather simple table), but "real life" kept me away from the table for huge chunks of time, and it was often quite difficult to get started back up on it, after a month or two away.

This table has functioning GI, and the ramp chase lights work.

I wasnt able to get the GI working with the normal call back, so I used the new callback in PD's update to the scripts, version 3.26. The GI works fine now.

This table requires VPM 1.55 and later, and VBS scripts 3.26.

I have an option in the menu adjustments to turn off the active GI (and the ramp chase lights), in case you find it to stuttery on your computer.

This table defaults to the incremental plunger. Use the up and down arrow keys to adjust the strength, and hit enter to launch the ball. The menu adjustment can set the Enter key only plunger.

As always, since my table use lots of reels, and most modern video cards have problems with vp reels, it is highly advised that you run my speed fix, which turns off Direct Draw acceleration.

I have included the speedfix files in the zip containing this table.

NOTE: If you are running VP8 and better, or windows Vista, you may not need the "speed fix".
I am running Vista, and I find it works fine if you have the properties for VPinball.exe set to "XP compatability mode", and "Disable desktop composition". Also, I some times find that if you click on the DMD display, then click on the table, that some "jitters" will disappear. This is a focus problem, and will appear if you are running VP in a window, instead of full screen.

Enjoy Creature from the Black Lagoon!

Kurt Herman
[email protected]

Dedicated to the memory of Gary "Lander"
Dichon ti bod wrth ei fodd caniataol arall camp.
May you be granted another game.

Attachments

• cftblfinalscreen_126.jpg
    cftblfinalscreen_126.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 359
Well.. It's 365 days.. And I've been
patient to see the final product and
here it came! Thanks fo relese,Kurt.
Awesome work again. :thumleft:

Thanks for your patients! :) Glad to be done with it!!!!

Kurt

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back