It's not too late to feed my habit! (backglasses that is, Texas Tea, Black Gold)

Isaac Sauvage

Meep!
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Jurassic Park
Want a good-quality, digital backglass?

I *might* be able to find one for you, even if it takes up half my day, and requires a bunch of tools and pixel-editing. We'll see..

My previous ~500 are here:

Somehow I completely whiffed on this until the 11th hour, but the PSDB has a nice collection of media items of various types. I've therefore chosen a small group of backglasses and stripped PF's that seem to compliment the collection here, and uploaded them to media.

If you've ever asked yourself "is there any simple thing I can do to help the scene?" then feel free to upload any of your favorite PSDB media in the next couple days, or even afterwards. Please just give proper credit to the original creator.

Actually the same thing applies to nice PSDB tables that are in danger of going missing once their site disconnects.

Anyway, the new uploads are visible here, at the moment: (top of the page)

So... finally got back to working on some backglasses. Got two new ones to upload, but the site seems a little wonky these days?

Also, I haven't fully figured out what would be the best current image format to upload as. I've generally done 100% JPG's as an alternate to PNG's, which is a way of getting lots of compression whilst supporting a full color palette.

Yo @charles, with your excellent, recent work on the WebP format, I'm interested in trying that format out as an alt, comparing results. Do you know if the site can accept WebP files in the media section?

So... finally got back to working on some backglasses. Got two new ones to upload, but the site seems a little wonky these days?

Also, I haven't fully figured out what would be the best current image format to upload as. I've generally done 100% JPG's as an alternate to PNG's, which is a way of getting lots of compression whilst supporting a full color palette.

Yo @charles, with your excellent, recent work on the WebP format, I'm interested in trying that format out as an alt, comparing results. Do you know if the site can accept WebP files in the media section?
I just checked the media section, and WebP format is not supported.

@Isaac Sauvage
But as you know I am a fast learner in the ACP, so I added new WebP format to list of acceptable formats.
So you can now upload WebP formatted images in the Media section.
Carry on.

Okay, my mind is getting blown, here.

A 100% JPG and a 100% WebP image look exactly the same to me, both 24bit color depth, yet the WebP file is only 683kb, while the Jpg is 1059kb.

Charles, you rock.

Edit: not sure WebP thumbnails are showing up properly yet (see below). Possibly an ACP issue or the latest XF doesn't know how to do'er so far.

Edit2: yeah there does seem to be an issue trying to browse the WebP format (second attachment)

Attachments

• zac_robot2_waifu2x_art_noise1_scale.fixes.jpg
    zac_robot2_waifu2x_art_noise1_scale.fixes.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • zac_robot2_waifu2x_art_noise1_scale.fixes.webp
    682.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
So... I guess just work with JPG's for the time being, then?

Indeed, I get the sense that WebP's haven't been fully integrated in to the current XF build, which... is pretty normal, really. Ah well.

Note to self: carry on then, matey.

Right, just tested it as an upload to MEDIA, and a similar result happened. Altho you can see the WebP image if you click it directly, it doesn't show up in thumbnail views. Too bad.

I then did a little checking and read that XF might start supporting WebP's in the upcoming version 2.3, which could be released... maybe in 2023. And then of course, Jon would need to update PN for it to work. So... yeah.

In that case, seems like it would be best to turn that option off to uploaders until this business gets sorted.

well-always-have.jpg

At least we'll always have VP (where it actually works), schweethot.

And WebP is removed as acceptable until needed.

And WebP is removed as acceptable until needed.
Thanks, matey.

Also-- I really appreciate how you first explored WebP's and figured out how amazingly useful they are.
Because to me, 100% JPG's (as awesomely-efficient as they are), have badly needed a major upgrade for... close to a decade, at this point? :s

Hell yeah, WebP is an AMAZING format.

Thanks Will / @druadic for the awesome uploads recently!
Backglasses & stripped PF's, that is. <3

TBH I got tired of doing it all by my own, come last summer, and was curious who might also be able to step up here & there, because... well I'm a tired old man, frankly. (lol)

Yarr matey, thank ye kindly. :-)

Thanks Will / @druadic for the awesome uploads recently!
Backglasses & stripped PF's, that is. <3

TBH I got tired of doing it all by my own, come last summer, and was curious who might also be able to step up here & there, because... well I'm a tired old man, frankly. (lol)

Yarr matey, thank ye kindly. :-)
My pleasure. Just traversing here and there until I get my lower end model of desktop machine ready to roll. I have to find an HP 1920x1080 dpi monitor as this TV I have WILL display that imagery but it so blurred and "off" that I can't work with it. The TV is literally destroying my eyesight each time I TRY to get some more VPX tables done so it isn't happening until a new monitor can grace my desktop.

I'll keep an eye out for more goodies as I keep running around the web.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back