VP8 SS Recreation JP's tables update

Solid State Machines

jpsalas

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Hey:

I'll update all my tables to version 5 and they'll include mostly what all the newest tables have:

- new plunger
- new rubbers
- new metal posts
- new script for the lights and flashers
- new bumpers
- new settings (flippers, objects elasticity and table slope)
- new backdrop with LED's (if the table use them of course)
- Wide angle only, But since the tables will be almost angle independent it will be easy for anyone who wants another angle to adjust the table. The backdrop will need to be changed if you want a smaller cabinet.

This is a merge of the old tables with the newest graphics. I'll update the older tables and I'll leave here for now the SE and Golden tables, but they are actually obsolete too.

I have uploaded the first load of tables (11)

250cc_JP_5.0
Big_Game_JP_5.0
Brave_Team_JP_5.0
Canasta-86_JP_5.0
Flight_2000_JP_5.0
Kiss_JP_5.0
Medieval_Madness_JP_5.0
Ripleys_Believe_It_or_Not_JP_5.0
Speakeasy4_JP_5.0
Taxi_JP_5.0
The_Bally_Game_Show_JP_5.0

The newest tables had most of the changes already and they got updated mostly the script (faster light sub) and the plunger.

16 tables to go...

Here it a screenshot of Medieval Madness 5.0

JP

Attachments

• medieval_madness_jp_50_740.jpg
    medieval_madness_jp_50_740.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 460
Thanks for updates,Jpsalas.You were really fast. :yourock:
I'm playing these while listening FIN-KAZ EM
qualifying match and i lost a ball,when Finland
scored 1-0 :D

Thanks JP!
I really appreciate the flawless updates, it's a huge thing updating a table or two and you have accomplished many.

Thanks for the updates and for updating your fine Tables on this site!

:yourock:
Jon

Finland won it 2-1 but they made it far too difficult.
After a dreadful miss of Jaaskelainen Kazaks made it even.
In the 2nd half Finland made the victory goal after
free kick.

@Petri: Good that Finland won, even Norway won over Argentina.

Thanks JonPurpleHaze. I'm planning to upgrade all my old tables to new wide view and adding the latest settings and my new plunger. Many tables needs a lot of work, but others are nearly ready just needing the plunger and the new script for the lights.

I have updated 3 more tables:

Dolly parton
Eight Ball Deluxe

and today

Class of 1812

The changes are some elasticity on the targets, rubbers and flippers. New plunger, backdrop, leds on the backdrop and new lights script, which should be much faster than the old one.

(13 tables to go :) )
JP

Ciao Juan Pablo,
stai facendo un lavoro eccezionale, i tuoi pinball sono veramente perfetti,ma ti devo segnalare un piccolo difetto in eight ball dlx,
la freccia gialla in alto a destra rimane sempre accesa......
un abbraccio Adolfo
PS quella foto e' la tua? sembri un norvegese!

Hey Adolfo! I saw the error in Eight Ball Deluxe. I have updated the to 5.01, and it is available here. You know... copy/paste the script... going through all the lights... and fogetting one :)

I have also updated, or better said, made a new Elvira and the Party Monsters.
It is based on the golden table I made, but I tried to use the colours as close as the real table.
The right ramp still is a wire ramp instead of a plastics ramp and the bumpers are also normal ones and not jumper bumpers. I couldn't make them work like I wanted, but I haven't given up yet, I just leave it for later.
As you can see I have added some missing graphics, added the new plunger, tweaked the flippers, added the new sub for the lights, etc.

The table is already uploaded. And here it is the screenshot.

JP

ps: Yes, Adolfo, the picture of my avatar it's me. A little pale after many months not seeing the sun.

Attachments

• elvira_and_the_party_monsters_jp_50_453.jpg
    elvira_and_the_party_monsters_jp_50_453.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 378
Here it is version 5.1 of Class of 1812.

Thanks to Marton for all the info and help making these changes.

Now the table is complete and as close as posible to the real table. Changes:

- Added the skillshot lane (the crypt)
- Fixed left ramp (not 100% but better than before)
- Fixed Leds
- Fixed the colors of some lights
- Added missing posts
- Fixed Tilt not working right
- Fixed right ramp, now working like the original, with a diverter, sending the ball to the crypt according to the lights.

JP

JP you are without doubt a prolific coder .... thanks so much for putting all your time and skills into maintaining a hobby for so many people.

Your tables are simply wonderful :)

Thanks Elton :) I do my best and I'm still learning.

Fixed F-14 Tomcat rightslingshot not working, and I have uploaded version 5.01. One day I'll learn not to press too many times CTRL Z, since I remember fixing that slingshot not once but twice :)

Uploaded Indianapolis 500 5.0. I only made a golden version before, so this table is based on that one and it is very similar. Just added the backdrop picture (based on the one made by fatdog) and changed some colours, elasticity settings, flippers and the code for the lights. This table doesn't have a visible plunger, so no new plunger on this one.

JP

Uploaded Harley Davidson 5.0 based on the table by Bally/Midway/Williams from 1991.

JP

Uploaded Genesis 5.0.
New as all the 5.0 tables: new plunger, rubber and posts, script, elasticity settings, flipper settings, backdrop and leds, and some graphics like the bumpers.

JP

Updated Genesis to version 5.01. I had one report of a user that the ball got stuck behind the varitarget. I have tried to fix that so the varitarget is a little slower so the ball can come out.

Uploaded version 5.0 of Grand Lizard. It is a standard version 5 upgrade (plunger, rubbers, leds, script...)

JP

Updated Grand Lizard to version 5.01 since a few users had problems with the plunger not showing.

JP

Updated Panthera and Millionaire to versions 5.0

I had some trouble streching Millionaire to fit the bottom of the screen. None of the angles I tired were good. I guess it is because of the elevation of the table. This is why there is a 1 cm black border at the bottom of the screen.

Panthera, besides from the 5 updates, got new style lights too. I think they looks better, even if they aren't like the original.

JP

Updated Millionaire to version 5.02 (fixed a led not working)

Uploaded Robocop 5.0 and Riverboat Gambler 5.0.
Both tables got the standard version 5 updates (plunger, backdrop, leds, rubbers, some settings...)

Now there is only one table left to complete my updates: Police Force.

JP

And here it is the last of my updates!

Some notes about this Police Force

- The main table is the same as the SE version, I just changed a few settings. This means the car is the same as in the SE version, a little better than the older table version 1.2. It is the best I can do using dropwalls. The lights on top of the car works quite well.

-The middle ramp is done with thin ramps, so it looks transparent. I tried to make it a wire ramp, but I liked teh SE version, so I kept that one.

- The table has gotten new rubbers, plunger, backdrop, leds, flashers and the "Take the highest score" lamp which is the police car on the right ramp. I know it was a light under the ramp, but to keep the table angle independent I opted to use some normal VP lights on top of the ramp.

Not much to say about this table that you already know, so just get it from the downloads section..

JP

Attachments

• police_force_jp_50_150.jpg
    police_force_jp_50_150.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 374
Many thanks Jp - you are without doubt addicted to the hobby and a great table creator. Now go directly to your fridge and pour yourself a large one and repeat as necessary - you've deserved it. :cheers:

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: jumpyspider is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back