Data East Solved Jurassic Park (Data East, 1993) MPU gets stuck in a loop

rikslicko

Inserted Coin
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
The Machine: Bride of Pinbot
I recently started getting MPU looping errors after fixing the GI connector on the power supply on my JP. Not sure if its related but changed out the PS with another and same problem. What happens, and it's usually when the ball hits the jet bumpers, is that the DMD gets stuck on the DNA screen and the sound starts repeating over and over "dino, dino, dino, and various other sounds as the ball hits other targets while ALL of the lights are flashing continously. This MPU "looping" resets once the ball drains and game play goes back to normal. It may or may not happen during a game, which is currently set to 5 ball. I can't pin it down to anything going on in particular when it does, other than the ball hitting the jet bumpers is usually when it will. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Solution
Dino looping Fixed!

We noticed that the right slingshot was not working, at least, not all the time. Evidently, the ball would sometimes hit it in the right place and hard enough to "unload" the rubber, opening the switch. The switch would immediately close again, activating the slingshot. Upon closer inspection, We noticed the switch closest to the drain was the one that was closed. We bent the contact open and no more issues. Hope this helps. Credit goes to my brother James for catching this one.

Rick
Hey! Did you have any luck figuring this out? I recently shopped my JP, installed new LEDs and fixed a burned GI connector on one of the boards in the back box as well and I'm having the exact same problem!

I also noticed in Diagnostics mode:
Spitter #3 Top - Switch #27 falsely activates the following:
Spitter #1 Bottom - Switch #25
Spitter #2 Middle - Switch #26
Raptor Pit #29

Left Slingshot - Switch #43 falsely activates:
Launch Button - #41
Smart Missile - #42
Right Slingshot - #44
Top Turbo Bumper - #45
Left Turbo Bumper - #46

Inner Loop Low - #19 falsely activates:
Outer Loop Low - #17
Outer Loop Top - #18
Inner Loop Top - #20
Right Outlane - #21
Right Return - #22

I checked just about every diode and switch I can find and I can't seem to find the source of the problem. Have you had any success?

Hey! Did you have any luck figuring this out? I recently shopped my JP, installed new LEDs and fixed a burned GI connector on one of the boards in the back box as well and I'm having the exact same problem!

I also noticed in Diagnostics mode:
Spitter #3 Top - Switch #27 falsely activates the following:
Spitter #1 Bottom - Switch #25
Spitter #2 Middle - Switch #26
Raptor Pit #29

Left Slingshot - Switch #43 falsely activates:
Launch Button - #41
Smart Missile - #42
Right Slingshot - #44
Top Turbo Bumper - #45
Left Turbo Bumper - #46

Inner Loop Low - #19 falsely activates:
Outer Loop Low - #17
Outer Loop Top - #18
Inner Loop Top - #20
Right Outlane - #21
Right Return - #22

I checked just about every diode and switch I can find and I can't seem to find the source of the problem. Have you had any success?

MrPrice,
Unfortunately not yet but still trying. Will definitely post a response when we do. This one has everyone puzzled.

Dino looping Fixed!

We noticed that the right slingshot was not working, at least, not all the time. Evidently, the ball would sometimes hit it in the right place and hard enough to "unload" the rubber, opening the switch. The switch would immediately close again, activating the slingshot. Upon closer inspection, We noticed the switch closest to the drain was the one that was closed. We bent the contact open and no more issues. Hope this helps. Credit goes to my brother James for catching this one.

Rick

Solution
Fixed Dino Looping!

MrPrice,
Unfortunately not yet but still trying. Will definitely post a response when we do. This one has everyone puzzled.

Rick

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: qinnuendo has left the room.
      Back