Looking for Visual PinMAME 0.99 beta and other old versions

ultrapin

Inserted Coin
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
UltraPin
Hi
I'm looking for some old versions of Visual PinMAME to complete my archive, this are the ones I'm missing:

vpinmame 0.99 beta
vpinmame 0.99 beta 1
vpinmame 0.99 beta 2
vpinmame 0.99 beta 2 revision A
vpinmame 1.32 (1.32.00) (not the 1.32.01)
vpinmame 1.55 (1.55.00) (not the 1.55.01 or 1.55.02)

I just need the .dll file of those versions so no problem if you don't have the complete .zip, I know it's an impossible shot but any help is much appreciated

I'm looking.

Attachments

• vpinmame_132.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 405
Hi sleepy

You've been the only answer of all the places I asked about this so I'm very much thankful but sorry, your version is the 1.32.01 and I'm missing 1.32.00, it's the .dll file version what counts and not the .zip version.
"I'm looking for"?, maybe I had to say "I'm searching for"?, sorry my English is basic.
Anyways, thanks again, your effort was much appreciated.

This is the oldest version that I currently have, would have had the others but I suffered a huge computer crash late last year. I can't figure out if it's the proper 1.55 version.

:rasta:

Attachments

• vpinmame_155.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 369
I have some very close to these! e.g. 0.99 beta 3, and 152 to 154 & 157 etc...but not the actual ones you ask for :(

Have you been in touch with Yogiholzer? A few months ago I sent him some files he didn't have & I know he was trying to get a full archive together - last thread I saw about this was at vpf org http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=6855&hl=vpinmame archive&st=20 .
(this thread shows a screen shot of all the versions I have).

Regards,
Dan.

Hi sleepy

You've been the only answer of all the places I asked about this so I'm very much thankful but sorry, your version is the 1.32.01 and I'm missing 1.32.00, it's the .dll file version what counts and not the .zip version.
"I'm looking for"?, maybe I had to say "I'm searching for"?, sorry my English is basic.
Anyways, thanks again, your effort was much appreciated.

Only answer? Sorry, but that's absurd. Please don't be ungrateful.

We had contact last year and also this year. I posted you and then later once again uploaded all VP and VPM files I have available (and in exchange I got some files from you too).

Hi JonPurpleHaze

Thanks for that but unfortunately yours is the 1.55.02, I see that the ones I'm searching for are a lost case...
Thanks again

Yogiholzer

Have you seen the versions I'm talking about?, no.
Yes, we exchanged some the first time and then when I lost in a HDD crash you sent me all you had and I also sent you a few you were still missing again but neither you nor me had any of the ones I'm looking for.
I posted for those versions in 4 places and Sleepy was the first help not for the ones you sent me but for the ones I'm still looking for so ungrateful??? hell no, you could read the words "Thank you" several times in my VPForums post (which has nothing to do with this one as it was completely different as I was looking for Visual Pinball not Visual PinMAME), you also could read the word "Thanks" several more times in our private emails so no, no ungrateful here, I remember that I also tried several times to send you versions you were missing but you had problems receiving them and then I offered to burn them on cd and send them to you, you confused this post with the last year post in VPF and your second help some months ago but those are different from what I'm asking here so the truth is that sleepy has been the first help in THIS versions I'm looking for right now that you are also missing, I hope now it's much more clear.
Again, you were thanked several times for what you sent me and what I sent you as part of that printed "Thank you".

Last edited:
Hi Dan (Superman)
Yes, I was in touch with Yogiholzer some time ago, he was the only one who offered help when I was looking for Visual Pinball versions but now with Visual PinMAME is a different matter, we both wanted to keep a complete archive of VP and VPM, we exchanged some versions the first time and some more the second time but none of us have the ones in this thread.
Thanks for spending your time looking for them in your archive.

I'm sorry,

I don't remember what I meant to read and I must have misinterpreted anything.

As Dan told I got some files from him. I don't remember which. Please check the attached screenshots of my folders and let me know if there's anything you want/need.

Attachments

• VP_VPM.jpg
    VP_VPM.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 352
  • pinmame.jpg
    pinmame.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 363
I checked the date of the vpinmame.dll and compared it to the version sleepy posted and saw that this vpinmame.dll was a few days older. It's the same zip file name though Version 1.32 (May 1, 2004) - "MayDay Edition". I found it on an old CDR.

If I didn't have the version that sleepy posted to compare too, I would not have thought that it was the right version. I'm not sure if it's what you want though. I looked for it anyway. ;)

Attachments

• vpinmame_1.32.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 335
No problemo Yogiholzer.

You should download the Liteuser vpinmame 1.32 as that is one of the ones I'm looking for and you are missing it too.
I wonder how could you be able to find the Visual Pinball TB3 and TB4, I gave up (I think that is the correct sentence) long time ago trying to find them so if you could post them here that would be great.
I remember you had 2 Alpha7 full installs defective, as for the others, I use to keep them stored with their internal codes, you know 052502 instead of TB5 or 077012 instead of 7alpha5-unex. so it's difficult to mach them but I suppose we almost have the same.
Here I attach the vpinmame 1.30.00, you don't have this one

Attachments

• vpinmame13000.rar
    977 KB · Views: 319
Hi Liteuser

Yes, that is one of the ones I'm desperately looking for so a huge thank you for you.
You (me too) were lucky to keep that rare version 1.30.00 dated 1 of May as it was quickly replaced with a corrected version (1.30.01) just two days later 3 of May almost the same as the 1.55.00 I'm looking for too, which was quickly replaced (right the next day of 1.55.00 release) with 1.55.01 and then again a few days later with 1.55.02.
You don't need versions to compare, if you look to your vpinmame.dll you'll see additional text info which says 1.32.0.0, you don't even need to enter in vpinmame.dll properties, just look at the info with clearer text under the file name and yes, the .zip files are all the same for those rare versions vpinmame_132.zip as so in the vpinmame_155.zip same name for the 3 versions, it's the .dll inside the zip the important thing.
Thank you

Last edited:
Like Homer Simpsons says in one episode: "If you are up there hearing me, save me Superman" or something like that so Superman (Dan) are you hearing me? =)
Dan I read your post in VPF, do you keep your Visual Pinball versions stored with their internal code (05xxxx, 06xxxx, 07xxxx) or with their original zip name?, I would like to compare mines with yours if you don't mind.
Do you keep an archive of V.I.P. too?
Thank you.

Carlos.

Requested files attached.

I'm sure I saw them in his screenshot at VPF and then requested them from Dan.

Attachments

• VisualPinball TB3.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 356
  • VisualPinball TB4 130.zip
    5 MB · Views: 343
Last edited:
No problemo Yogiholzer.

You should download the Liteuser vpinmame 1.32 as that is one of the ones I'm looking for and you are missing it too.
I wonder how could you be able to find the Visual Pinball TB3 and TB4, I gave up (I think that is the correct sentence) long time ago trying to find them so if you could post them here that would be great.
I remember you had 2 Alpha7 full installs defective, as for the others, I use to keep them stored with their internal codes, you know 052502 instead of TB5 or 077012 instead of 7alpha5-unex. so it's difficult to mach them but I suppose we almost have the same.
Here I attach the vpinmame 1.30.00, you don't have this one

Thank you.

I didn't have the time and fun to test and eventually rename. The defective ones are still there.

Thank you Yogiholzer =)
I tested and renamed all my VP, VPM archive just to avoid having same file twice and to locate missing ones easily

Now where to get the remaining missing versions from?

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Free Bally! @ Free Bally!:
    (AI prompt) Why did the pirate have an eye patch?
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @Free Bally!, Pirates are often depicted with eye patches in popular culture, but the reasons for this vary. Here are a few possible explanations:

1. **Injury**: The most straightforward reason a pirate might wear an eye patch is that they lost an eye due to injury. Pirate battles, sword fights, and the general hazards of seafaring life could easily lead to eye injuries, necessitating an eye patch.

2. **Myth and Stereotype**: The image of a pirate with an eye patch has become a stereotype perpetuated by movies, books, and other forms of media. It's part of the romanticized pirate image that includes peg legs, hooks for hands, and parrots on shoulders.

3. **Preserving Night Vision**: A more interesting and practical theory suggests that pirates wore eye patches to keep one eye adapted to the dark. When moving between the bright deck and the dark below decks, a pirate could switch the patch from one eye to the other. The eye that was covered
    nope... it was because a seagul shit in his eye the day after he got the new hook fitted
    • Haha
    Reactions: JonPurpleHaze
  • JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze:
    He couldn't scratch his eye, or tried and had to get the patch because of the hook...:pirat:🏴‍☠️🪝
    Reactions: Free Bally!
    ahh well, back to work tomorrow
    Looking at Tuesday for a real day off, ahhh
    Hope you find your keys!
    But working long every darned day has (Finally!) cleared up pain in my hip that has plagued me since April
    haha, naw the keys are long gone. HAVE to get a new pair of pants... Without A Hole In The Pocket!
    • Haha
    Get AC 4! you :pirat:
    Reactions: Free Bally!
    Got AC, weather-liars say i'll need an umbrella all weekend
    • Haha
    ohh oops
    you mean the pirate game!
    AC = Assasin's Creed...4...Black Flag.
    heh, they all look like pirate queens, instead of a gig on the beach, the Law Of The Sea says they have to fight until there's only one
    ahoy, have to go make some salad of fish chunks flavored to taste like crab, have a salty Friday ya scallawag!
  • Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs:
    Free Bally! has left the room.
    yirmiahu has left the room.
    Guenther has left the room.
    alain.rev has left the room.
    eduguitar72 has left the room.
    mickcarmone has left the room.
    No World Order has left the room.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: No World Order has left the room.
      Back