Bally Lost World (Bally, 1978) won't load ball

BenJAMin

Inserted Coin
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Bally Lost World
I am very untechnical and I am sure this will sound stupid, but I will try to tell my problem.

My Lost World pinball machine will not load the ball to start a new game intermittently. It will make the sound showing you are selecting new games and light up appropriately that you have selected more than one player. However, it will not load the ball and when this occurs the flippers will not respond either.

That's about all I know, but if you anybody needs more information about the machine or this problem I will be glad to respond.

Thanks.

I'm assuming you're referring to the older "Lost World" and not the "Escape from the Lost World" game. It sounds like the power isn't making it to any of the coils (assuming that it is in fact everything else also). Start by checking fuses and (carefully and with the power off) poking around in the backbox where all the guts are... very well could be as simple as a loose connector or blown fuse. The Internet Pinball Database has a PDF of the manual if you don't have a printed one, it should help you figure out where to look, and what type of fuses to replace if needed. If it blows fuses repeatedly, it's going to be a bit more complicated. Also, on the off chance the whole 'driver' board, as it's called, is bad, you can get replacement ones from Alltek.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: bud_666nir has left the room.
      Back