Meet the man of your dream....

I'm still laughing. The batman moves... :D

top stuff.

I figured it out !!
WOWWWW !! Is this ever amazing !!
Thanks so much Rav and Steve !!

Very impressive,Bob... congratulations also to Rav,and Steve , I wonder if a Michael Jackson is also possible....
I have not yet understood the whole procedure of how to create all the movements, but are they done with the "custom model of bam" function?

I'd like to be able to do it too, but I've only learned for a couple of days to move a simple MP, and therefore maybe it would take me a long time to understand the whole process, is it difficult to learn as you did ?

I wonder if a Michael Jackson is also possible....
Yes of course..do you have a 3d model of Michael Jackson .We need one of the following: Future Pinball FPM , FBX or Obj with textures.

I have not yet understood the whole procedure of how to create all the movements, but are they done with the "custom model of bam" function?
It is very fiddly at first to get it to work.

Here is what I used:
1. BAM's new model Importer and files in a SEPARATE FOLDER .
2. Future Pinball Model Editor program ( if using a future pinball FPM model to extract the ms3d file
3. MilkShape 3d if using an existing future pinball model to convert ms3d to obj /or fbx
4 .blender if you need to extract embedded textures from obj / fbx models

5. Mixamo free online obj/ fbx model animator.
Mixamo has hundred of stock characters you can use or you can import your own.
Mixamo will automatically "rig" the model for animation once you select a few body points like elbow, chin, wrists, knees and groin.
Mixamo has hundred of animations to choose from.

Then you simply export your FBX animations from mixamo and use BAM model importer. And add your textures and however many animations you made. And then convert to a tga file

Then you simple import the tga file through FP texture manager and then add the code to FP

The BATMAN dance above used the Michael Jackson moves from "thriller" and the animations were on Mixamo "Thriller 1,2,3, 4"

Woooooo, I will have to commit, thanks for the explanation:lol:
then I only have one model but no texture,it is in Max version, but if you have blender, you could convert it, and as you suggest you could also extract the textures with it ....if you would like to give it a try here is the model

if you can extract the texture, it should be like this in terms of colors
Cattura11.JPG

Attachments

• MJ-MODEL.zip
    747.4 KB · Views: 93
I was looking at the same model....and tried to get it to work but it won't.
The model ideally should be in a "T-pose"

ok,so..only "T-pose".....see if I can find something in "T-pose"

anyway if you managed to convert to obj, and to extract the texture, could you please send it to me,is always better than what I did,and I can replace

ok,so..only "T-pose".....see if I can find something in "T-pose"

anyway if you managed to convert to obj, and to extract the texture, could you please send it to me,is always better than what I did,and I can replace
On that model there are no textures just colors

On that model there are no textures just colors

and with blender (if is possible) you cannot convert those colors to a file?

I dont know blender except hpw to extract textures from an obj file

@wild
I couldn't find a model of MJ, but here is a dancer model from Mixamo doing thriller dance

Attachments

• Thriller.fpt
    9.9 MB · Views: 108
@wild
I couldn't find a model of MJ, but here is a dancer model from Mixamo doing thriller dance
In order to extract textures from the fbx animations generated from Mixamo, I used blender.

1. Import into blender the fbx file
2. Export as obj file
3. save as blender file with same name and location as obj file
4. then under File/External Data/ click on "Pack All into .blend"
5. then under File/External Data/ click on "unpack All into Files"
then a pop up should appear , select "use files in current directory"

this will create a "Textures" folder in your destination directory where obj file is

Here's a
a bunch of SuperHeroes

all in TGA files
on table are Iron Man, Hulk, Spiderman and superman

Last edited:
The motion looks pretty realistic.

That has to be an advantage on virtual pinball right? Try that on a real table :whistle:
Looks seriously good and I foresee the use of this more often in a near future (no pun intended) :D

That has to be an advantage on virtual pinball right? Try that on a real table :whistle:
Looks seriously good and I foresee the use of this more often in a near future (no pun intended) :D
Ya I cant wait to see how Steve , Slam and the rest of us implement this into our tables and mods.

So... We just need a boulder rolling now ;)

But I'm also biased towards anything Indiana Jones ?

Now I know something I may add to the PinEvent mod of Indy U-Pro one day.

me too, there are no MJ models, in t-pose, so I will put the model made by me, but thanks anyway, I tried your demo, I see the model all black. and I do not distinguish what it is.which DLL ,need to use?

I had problems, with the one I used for Bumper Pool or Billiards, I don't remember the version and I had to put the one back 290.

Here is a neat BAM animation series with Indiana Jones

really very impressive, it's cool.?

but some questions to be informed, the models made in this way are all so big? but then they can be reduced in size to be able to insert them in the tables? I also wonder if a model could do all its movements in the same place, because if it starts spinning all over the table could adversely affect the game

The "Thriller Table" posted above should have a dancer in full color dancing the Thriller dance.

All the animations are contained in the Thriller.TGA file which is 9.56 mb but should load very quickly.

1. Make sure you are using the new BAM
2. If you Load Thriller.TGA in Model Importer and go down to animations you should see "ABCDE" animations. You can click on any of these and play that animation. You can also see the time for each animation.
3. There is a code list you can use for various functions:

Rav suggested this :
Under "FuturePinball_KeyPressed"
Put this "OnKeyPress(KeyCode)"
Code:
Sub FuturePinball_KeyPressed
OnKeyPress(KeyCode).

Then anywhere in script put this sub routine:
Code:
Sub OnKeyPress(ByVal KeyCode)
    If KeyCode = 79 Then AddDebugText "Num animations = "&cm_IndyJones.NumAnimations
    If KeyCode = 80 Then AddDebugText "Num frames in animation A = "&cm_IndyJones.Animation(0).NumFrames
    If KeyCode = 81 Then AddDebugText "Duration in animation A = "&cm_IndyJones.Animation(0).Duration
    If KeyCode = 75 Then AddDebugText "Loop A"&cm_IndyJones.Animation(0).Frame(1, cm_IndyJones.Animation(0).NumFrames, 1)
    If KeyCode = 76 Then AddDebugText "Freez A frame 10"&cm_IndyJones.Animation(0).Frame(10, 10)
    If KeyCode = 77 Then AddDebugText "Play A frame 100-199"&cm_IndyJones.Animation(0).Frame(100, 199)
    If KeyCode = 71 Then AddDebugText "Loop A frame 100-150"&cm_IndyJones.Animation(0).Frame(100, 150, 100)
    If KeyCode = 72 Then AddDebugText "Play A frame 199-100"&cm_IndyJones.Animation(0).Frame(199, 100)
    If KeyCode = 73 Then AddDebugText "Play A frame 100-199"&cm_IndyJones.Animation(0).Frame(100, 199)
End Sub

If you wish to call the items above independently make sure you put "Call" in front of code otherwise you will get an error.

example to loop an Animation 0 which is the same as Animation "A" from model importer use this code:

Code:
Call cm_IndyJones.Animation(0).Frame(1, cm_IndyJones.Animation(0).NumFrames, 1)

4. To Rotate and scale and move the models to different locations on table, I am grabbing them in a Miniplayfield box. The animations themselves will still move as expected

this is why you need to wisely choose sets of animation that are mostly "feet in concrete" or have a plan to make the model disappear off the table and comeback somewhere else. I personally wonder if there is a possibility for BAM to bridge the animations (transitionning) so they appear more seamless

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: JonPurpleHaze has posted a new reply in the thread "What music are you listening to?".
      Back