Memorial Funhouse ...

elton

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Space Shuttle
John, you got that right! It's like a bloody morgue here. :s

You could have more fun in an abattoir! Pass me a sharp blade and a few goats! Let's have some fun!!!!!!! :wink: Anybody know some good chants I could use. :lol:

And it's a Saturday night!

RIP everyone ..... :(

What's really pathrtic is not only is Shadow among the missing, but everyone has stopped posting not only in here, but the entire forum seems to have died. Maybe everyone's busy out and about, buying my Xmas present, or mabe we've al gotten a bit lazy. I'm busy working on multiple tables with Patrick, writing PacDude's profile, and even attending to real life once in a while. Even Panda isn't posting much.

So I wonder, do we need to start ripping folks again, of course in a friendly sort of way. Mr Wanker hasn't posted since we all got chummy with him, and there aren't nearly the jokes and humor being posted like before Shadow left. Now granted Elton is almost as weird and goofy as Shadow, but something's still missing. Dud hasn't posted a good conspiracy theory in weeks, and I'm to blame a bit too, I haven;t blasted AJ in a while. I don't know what the answer is, but I'm open to suggestions. But I wonder . . .

Notice how you never see the Queen Mother much any more, she disappeared just about the time Shadow took a powder. Could Shadow really be the Queen Mother, and be preggers with Elton's love child. I shudder to think what that rug rat will look like. Sure, I admit it's a lame idea, but maybe Dude can put his special spin on it or else Elton can clear up the mystery. So, what's you're two cents worth, huh?

John :oldman

Who cares about Shadow? Someone needs to get THE back! I never laughed so much in my life while that guy was around at VPFF. I couldn't even THINK up some of the weird but terribly funny shit that guy wrote (at least not until I saw a bunch of examples at which point I did a spoof).

But in any case, the area seems a little redundant since you and Jon made it fairly clear there aren't many rules on the entire site to begin with. I mean if the place is only around to say FUCK a few hundred times, so be it, but having a separate area only really makes since for a tight-ass place like VPF where there be children everywhere that need protecting from adult humor and foul language! :twisted:

I like this place... It's kinda like a private chatroom or a locked without key chat room where the walls are padded and you write on them with crayons. :)

Hey Dude, the thing is that if you type the F word anywhere else but inside this private forum it will be edited out. While we don't really have any rules, we do expect folks to use common sense, and so far we've been lucky. What I like this place for is that I can say some awfully dumb thing in here that I wouldn't want just anyone seeing. I don't want to ruin my reputationm no matter how tainted it might be. And here I can insult Bob or even you and not start a flame war. Here I just get insulted in return.

John

That's what I meant about the only thing this place being "useful" for (if you can call it that) is saying the word fuck a few hundred times. Really, what other topics/discussions have we had here that couldn't have appeared in the main forums? That's why I figure it was only ever useful for Shadow since she seemed to need to say that word a few hundred times per post... ;)

This is (just) a place where you can indeed write in crayon on the walls. Some people do write fcuk a lot in a supposedly homorous way (if you can call it that) but spellings never been my strong point. FCUK - done it again! Anyway, if Shadow was still here we'd have nobody to talk about!

Early Merry (hic!) Christmas greetings to everyone.

Question. Is Vernors Ginger Ale alcoholic, or just a waste of a glass bottle? Should I look out for this when I return to the US in July - or should I just stick with Bud.

Please warn me if you're going to be anywhere near Cincinnati Ohio, so I can alert the border patrol to be on the lookout for you. Moving here or just visiting?

John :oldman

You're safe for the time being. Just visiting.

Closest we get to Ohio will be Grand Junction, Colorado. Still touring the Southwestern states and loving it.
If I were to move it would most likely be to Utah. The people. Eddie McStiffs in Moab - microbrewery and resturant - superb. Canyonlands and the area in general - simply wonderful. Proper summers and proper winters. What more could you ask for.

But you never know, if I take a wrong turn it's only 1400 miles!

Having said that - there are some fine hotels in Cincinnati.

Millennium Hotel looks pretty good, the price is right and they have availability!

Mmmmmm, may have to reconsider our itinerary ......

You're not serious about the Vernors are you? They don't have that in Wales? Like most "ginger ales" it's a soda-pop soft drink, although very different tasting from most ginger ales (supposedly to the barrels they make it in). It's not as good as it used to be when they did readily make it in bottles. In Ohio, at least bottles are a thing of the past save for some specialty sodas like IBC root-beer and the smaller coke bottles. Vernors in a bottle would make you sneeze if you breathed in the vapors. It's not really the same in a can. But if you're looking for alcoholic brews, ginger ale isn't going to be your thing in the U.S. unless it's part of a mixed drink. :D

Homemade is best and all true bottle fermented Ales be they ginger or otherwise will contain at least some alcohol, though as little as 0.5% for natural carbonation.

http://biology.clc.uc.edu/fankhauser/cheese/Ginger_Ale_Ag0.htm

Your Vernors is more then likely mass produced and machine carbonated, so it's little wonder it used to taste better. I suspect they used to make the real thing years ago in the bottles.

Tried some Ginger Ale yesterday - you can bloody keep it! And the fizz goes right up the nose. Quite a bouquet!

As for mixing drinks - never, never, never. Unless its Cider with Guinness (snake-bite). Now that's what you call a mixer. Not particularly sociable - but great for getting you there quickly!

As for bottles, we still get coke in bottles, lemonade and other minerals. And delivered milk from the milkman is still in bottles - tastes better than plastic or waxed paper cartons - but this is dying as more and more people shop in supermarkets. Shame.

Pacdude said:
Who cares about Shadow? Someone needs to get THE back!

Haaaaaaaaaahh . . .look who's talkin . . .??

Nobody give a fuck about YOU either when you're not making tables . . .

. . .you're right about THE, though . . .fuckin' genius that bloke . . . :twisted:

Anyway . . .I challenge you to a duel . . .

. . .I choose flippers as my weaponry . . .

. . .balls for you, old chap . . .??

(la de da) . . .although you turn from me, to glance behind

The Phantom of the Opera is there, inside your mind

:p'n'l: :p'n'l: :p'n'l:

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back