Solid State Machines
Future Pinball

Wolfanoz

Inserted Coin
Reaction score
Wolfanoz submitted a new resource:

Metal Slug 3.5 (BAM) (FizX) - Metal Slug 3.5

'Wolfanoz - v3.5
'-- Fixed HUD DMD and DMD to Display warning when nudging game, subsequent display when tilting the game as well on top of sound alert.
'-- Corrected last score and top score displays. Was running into other text when displayed on DMD.
'-- Added Graphics to backglass (games typically have the title on the back glass), changed up the background a bit to the ambiance
'-- Further DOF tweaks (doesn't sound as loud for some aspects of the table (aka flipper noise))...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks for the update. Could you update the backglass image in the PUP as well to include the title like you did in the standard backglass? Another cool idea would be to make that a video instead of a still image so it can still have some cool flashing light animation effect like the non-pup backglass has

Last edited:
AnonTet / rkader can update all that when he has the time to since he's been working on all that. Just wanted to add some code aspects that were missing / needed a tweak. But thank you!

I haven't tried this updated version so I have no clue about that backglass title. Can you guys post quick screen? I'm curious.

Top be honest, at this point it'll get really confusing if I update the table to simply duplicate work.

Actually, I'll leave a new simple idea to implement here so you can update the table if you wish.

During mission 2 if you hit more than 6 W E AP O N targets, then the points are doubled. I believe each WEAPON is 40k so it would be 80k from the 7th hit on-wards.

I can move on to the next table.

Really cool this. I have never had anyone updating a table after I release it. Kind of cool seeing all the effort not going to waste and people enjoying it.

Thanks Wolfanoz.

During mission 2 if you hit more than 6 W E AP O N targets, then the points are doubled. I believe each WEAPON is 40k so it would be 80k from the 7th hit on-wards.

Looking through the code, the addition of an extra POW is given for a bonus for each extra target hit after all six are hit before the end of the mode or you lose a ball. I can see how that can be confused for double points It says "POW BONUS IS DOUBLED", it's points based on gaining an extra POW for each target hit after you hit more than 6. So you're getting more of a bonus for gaining more POW's per hit (basically two of them) after the six targets are dropped.

i.e.
Code:
        POWBonus = POWBonus + 1
        POWBonusBall = POWBonusBall + 1

Case 3:
            D1.Text = "      POW BONUS IS DOUBLED      "
            D2.Text = "      POW BONUS IS DOUBLED      "
            PlayMusic 4, "thankyou", FALSE

Confusing? Just trying to clarify. This is the only mention of anything doubled in the code.

Also, Tet... I think they meant graphics (mainly logo) and flashing added for the BAM / PuP addon. It doesn't do anything but create a backglass from looking at it. I can add the logo but I'll have to play around with the addition of anything linking to the FP table from PuP since I'm not too familiar with it. Thought you may be (or someone may be) that can help out with that or link it to the FP table's actions in the backglass.

Last edited:

Looking through the code, the addition of an extra POW is given for a bonus for each extra target hit after all six are hit before the end of the mode or you lose a ball. I can see how that can be confused for double points It says "POW BONUS IS DOUBLED", it's points based on gaining an extra POW for each target hit after you hit more than 6. So you're getting more of a bonus for gaining more POW's per hit (basically two of them) after the six targets are dropped.

i.e.
Code:
        POWBonus = POWBonus + 1
        POWBonusBall = POWBonusBall + 1

Case 3:
            D1.Text = "      POW BONUS IS DOUBLED      "
            D2.Text = "      POW BONUS IS DOUBLED      "
            PlayMusic 4, "thankyou", FALSE

Confusing? Just trying to clarify. This is the only mention of anything doubled in the code.

Also, Tet... I think they meant graphics (mainly logo) and flashing added for the BAM / PuP addon. It doesn't do anything but create a backglass from looking at it. I can add the logo but I'll have to play around with the addition of anything linking to the FP table from PuP since I'm not too familiar with it. Thought you may be (or someone may be) that can help out with that or link it to the FP table's actions in the backglass.
Basically the way the PUP works the backglass is really just either a static image .png or a video .mp4.
So the request would be to change the backglass image in the PUP to a video that basically mimics the new backglass used in the standard non-pup version. That way we'd see the newly added "metal slug" logo and get some flashing effects albeit just a looping video. As it is right now the backglass on the table is fancier than what's shown on the pup when typically a pup presents more of a wow factor than a standard backglass. Hope what i'm saying makes sense lol.

Regarding video I stead of static image... Thats something I need to learn how to do. I can't become a second terryred as I really don't have the time nor his artistic vision.

Regarding mission 2 (unless I messed up the mission number) pow has nothing to do with weapon targets in the middle of the table.

PS: my latest code doesn't even have D1 and D2 lines (those were for old display segment displays and can be removed for readability of the code).

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: qinnuendo has left the room.
      Back