SS Middle Earth (Atari, 1978) Was I a fool for buying a table?

Solid State Machines

TheMule

Inserted Coin
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Whitewater
I've got tiny problems with my machine, and think I can figure them out, but can't quite get them figured? I'm no whiz at electronics and game schematics look like doodles to me, but I'm not an idiot. All I can think about is how I love my table, but she won't love me back. Why won't my right slingshot work? Coils are fine, fuses are fine, switches to it are fine...frustration is severely setting in.

Let's see if we can get some love out of the machine for you. It would help to know what machine it is so we know what kind of problems we are looking at. I have an idea on were your problem is but can not help you troubleshoot without more input.

hate to think it may be a board problem, but is it an EM, or a solid state?
give us a little bit more to go on

SS. Atari's Middle Earth (I know, I know). Gonna get a guy to look at it soon. Did some voltage tests on the solenoids and I think we cooked the input resistor/transistor? When you turn the game on, it stays in "attract mode" for about 30 seconds, then the lights get really bright. I just turn it off so it doesn't explode. I put a working coil in the slingshot that wasn't working and it still wouldn't go. I think it's in the board. Hints/tips are more than welcome.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: qinnuendo has left the room.
      Back