more realistic playfield lights

Slippery Jim

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Stern Dracula
this pic shows the FP version and the real deal. Look at the "Shoot Again" Light. How do I make the lens appear transparent like in the real thing?

Attachments

• draclighting.jpg
    draclighting.jpg
    611.3 KB · Views: 21
Before BAM, the old-world guys used to move the halos from the light inserts under the apron to make the insert have consistent brightness across the surface of the insert. I have found that works but it sacrifices brightness. I find myself moving the halos on the old tables back over to the center of the inserts. Then I set the glow radius much higher than most people do but set the Glow Brightness low. It makes the center of the insert only slightly brighter than the edges and you can make the insert as bright as you want. It makes it look more like a real table. On Avatar, I set the glow radius to 50 and Glow Brightness to 0.21.

Of course, it requires BAM coding:

Light1Ext.GlowRadius = 50
Light1Ext.GlowBrightness = 0.21

And be sure to add this code before the above coding (only add one occurrence of it):

xBAM.CreateAllExt

Before BAM, the old-world guys used to move the halos from the light inserts under the apron to make the insert have consistent brightness across the surface of the insert. I have found that works but it sacrifices brightness. I find myself moving the halos on the old tables back over to the center of the inserts. Then I set the glow radius much higher than most people do but set the Glow Brightness low. It makes the center of the insert only slightly brighter than the edges and you can make the insert as bright as you want. It makes it look more like a real table. On Avatar, I set the glow radius to 50 and Glow Brightness to 0.21.

Of course, it requires BAM coding:

Light1Ext.GlowRadius = 50
Light1Ext.GlowBrightness = 0.21

And be sure to add this code before the above coding (only add one occurrence of it):

xBAM.CreateAllExt
I already have the line xBAM.CreateallExt in the script. I get a guru type mismatch error if I put in the GlowBrightness = line. It says the problem is this line, but it may be wrong
" Set Bb_Arrow(1) = Bb_Arrow1: Set Bb_Arrow(2) = Bb_Arrow2: Set Bb_Arrow(3) = Bb_Arrow3" This line iss used to assign a variable to those three lights.

Draculaerror.jpg

disregard, it is working now. minor spelling mistake, I missed the t in the Ext.Glow part. Blonde moment

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: paskite has left the room.
      Back