My first table WIP

Kiaininja

Pinball Bum
Reaction score
It's called US-Bomber, based on WW2 Bombers and pinups girls :p . Taking me a while making it since I'm still learning to code a table but it sure is fun :drunk2: .
:hulagirls:

Attachments

• US-Bomber_Screen.jpg
    US-Bomber_Screen.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 383
looks real cool! have you ever coded before? i'm also a noob at coding and wish you the best of luck on what I hope will be the first of many pins from you! I have only been doing it for about 3 months and have 3 tables on here already. Thefirst one is the toughest, but the coding gets easier (that initial coding anyways!) the more you do. I am doing the almost herculean task of learning brand-new stuff for each subsequent table, but for me this is the easiest way. Each table has something new that the previous ones didn't, whether it's drop targets, bonus lights, collections, kickers, timers, or whatever. but with each one I gain more confidence and hopefully you will too! So, welcome aboard! and have a (silver) ball!!
oh btw you can export the blueprint of the table (this is a top-down line-drawing view of the entire table) and use it in any art program (it saves as a bitmap file) to color the actual walls or table then just load it in (as a bitmap again) and use it for the wall (or slingshots)image! it helps for those slingshot plastics and stuff like that!

Thanks for the kind words and suggestions faralos :swords:. Here's a pic of how my table is doing so far :salut: .

Attachments

• US-Bomber_Screen.jpg
    US-Bomber_Screen.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 368
Looks very nice Kiaininja! :)

How did you make that 3-d bomb? That looks awesome! I love that aircraft carrier too!

The bomb and the carrier are pics I got online that I cut out, resized, and rotated with a paint program then made into a Decal/Reel. The plane I acctually had a 3d model of, that I painted in a 3d program and made into a pic for the Decal/Reel. If I didn't found the pic of that bomb I would have had to made it from scratch in a 3d program :shaking: . Here's a pic of the bomb reel I'm using if your curious :headscratch: .

Edit: Pic updated.

Attachments

• Bomb_Lit.bmp
    42.2 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:
emreels are still beyond me, that's what I thought you had done but I wasn't sure! what paint program lets you rotate? mine doesn't I am using Photobie a freeware one

Very nice work so far, and a nice unique theme to boot. Well done!

All I need left is to add the scoring plus ball-count code, a few more custom theme sounds, and music. Hopefully I'll release the first version in a week or less :roll: .

WW2 US Bomber Table features:
- Bomb lights up when hit.
- Ball lights up underneath when rolling on lit lights.
- When table is nudged tilt bubble animates.
- If ball rolls behind carrier it's teleported on deck and launched.
- Custom theme sounds and voices(pinup girls).

Attachments

• US-Bomber_Screen.jpg
    US-Bomber_Screen.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 343
the only problem you may encounter is (I think) in Germany it is still illegal to show something with a swastika on it (those pop bumpers) but it looks real cool! can't wait to play it! but did they have aircraft carriers in ww2 especially with the angled take off lane? just nitpicking, but looking good!

Thanks for the tips faralos. If I get any problems with the swastikas after release I have no problems changing the textures easy. Yes they did have aircraft carriers in WW2, though I was wondering if I the right one of that time, but I can change it later if I find a better model.

Edit: Skrew it! :cuss: I'll just change the swastikas for an evil skull. I don't want this table being illegal in any region, everyone should be able to play it without fear of the law. :userfriendly:

Last edited:
Evil skulls work fine! And I'm not sure if it would be illegal, but as a plastic model builder, I know all the models that are either from there or built in Germany Cannot have swastikas on them. even decal sheets that Do have swastikas don't originate fron Germany. Odd thing i know, you'd think it's their history and all, but that's how it is. Funny you can still get the confederate flag stuff here in the states but you can't fly that flag anywhere (it depicts a time when slavery was still in effect here). You'd think Germany would have the same attitude...

Awww. Removing the swastikas isn't right, in my opinion it's an essential part of the depiction of the era. Do we have some sort of confirmation on this supposed illegality in Germany? Maybe Phoenixx or Yogi could shed some light on this?

Thanks for the link McD.

I'm no lawyer, but I'm not so sure the law applies unless I'm reading it wrong. To me, the phrase which states that this section of legal code "shall not be applicable if the means of propaganda or the act serves to further civil enlightenment, to avert unconstitutional aims, to promote art or science, research or teaching, reporting about current historical events or similar purposes" would seem to clear this table from any illegality.

Well, I'm not 100% sure, but over here people are really committed to cracking down on the right extremists. I'd suggest two different versions. One with the swastika, one with the skull. (But watch out what skull you use!)

The McD

Oh, so it's ok for me to load two tables like a sencored(skull) and unsencored(swastika) versions? By the way just putting the finishing touches hopefully out if not today then tomorow :rockon:.

Attachments

• US-Bomber_Screen.jpg
    US-Bomber_Screen.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 321
Like I said, I wasn't positive if it was illegal or not, but I just thought I'd inform you of that possiblilty just in case!, I wouldn't want you to get in any kind of trouble because you had put a swastika on it, but it'd be cool to have one with 'pin-up voices' and of course the swastikas!
So I'm guessing you could be promoting art so you should be ok, aren't pinball tables an art form of sorts?

I would like to announce that I have made a release thread, and trying to upload the table here. It's however already uploaded at VPForums.org you can get it they if you want, tables name there is WW2USBomber_censored v1.0 (Kiaininja)VP8.

Hello, I just want to let you know that after a little break I'm starting to work on the uncensored version of this table. I could of just switched the skulls to swastikas but I wanted to rework a bit of the other textures and sounds so it won't be too much of a clone. Thanks for those who tried my table.

A bit of an interesting choice to have a tilt bubble but no tilt feature?

Yeah I really wanted to add that feature :sob:. I would love it if someone could help me figure out how to code that. Because it would be cool if when I tilt to much the flippers disable then enable when the ball is drained.

I am no expert programmer by any stretch, but I managed to add a tilt routine to your table... Not sure if it's the best way to do it or if it's programmatically sound, but it works. Needs some effort to align it with the tilt meter, the images in that reel seemed out of order so I didn't try. I'm lousy at documenting things, but I can try to answer questions...

I can attach it here if you'd like?

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: MMITG is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back