Help My second monitor is a stretched LCD - anyway to move the backglass on each table?

uptown47

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
The Addams Family
Hi all,

I'm just starting to set Future Pinball up. I had it up and running years ago but want to put it on my cab.

I've started with "24" (great table) and would ideally like to adjust the position of the backglass on my 2nd monitor.

My 2nd monitor is a stretched LCD monitor (16:3) but I have it set to 1366x768 in the software (as things go funny if I set it to it's true resolution of 1366x258)

The backglass looks like this:

I thought if I could move it up the screen so the top half wasn't showing then it would show the DMD underneath and would be good to show spectators the current score as per this image:

I've tried pressing "Q" and get to this screen:

But I'm not sure what I do from there?

Is this possible? Or is there a way I can edit the Backglass so it only shows the portion that I want ?

Or alternatively - at a push - just make my own image and somehow 'set' this to be the backglass (just a static image)?

Many thanks for any help you can give me.

I know nothing about cabinets but I think you need to read TerryRed's guide:

The FP Backbox screen was intended to only be enabled when used with Arcade mode enabled or BAM's force arcade mode enabled. This forces FP to a cabinet view and not the desktop view. Trying to enable the FP Backbox screen without Arcade mode enabled will cause problems in the game, displays, speeds, etc. Don't enable the FP Backbox screen for desktop mode usage.

If you just want to display the "FP DMD" on your second screen then using DMDext would be the best way (this only works for DMDs, not alpha numeric displays or em reels).

Install my FP and BAM Essentials AIO package to get completely up to date, which also includes my guides and DMDExt. Get that here:

Then you can run DMDExt, setup, size / position DMDExt on your second screen. Then right-click on the DMDExt window and Save Global settings. All this info is included in my PDF guides and my video guides as well.

Then you would just need to be sure you run DMDext before running FP (and close DMDext it when exiting FP). I have included BAT files that do all this for you as well.

Last edited:
Thank you @TerryRed very much appreciated.

To be honest - I originally just tried to run it on one display but, regardless of what settings I had in BAM-FPLoader it opened on the 2nd monitor (the small LCD). They are arranged as 2 --> 1 (2 is the main playfield and 1 is the LCD monitor). It would only open the playfield on monitor 2 if it wasn't in 'fullscreen' mode but 'windowed' mode cut off some of the score and puppack-type-screen (top right screen).

However, when I enabled backglass on monitor 1 (LCD) then it seemed to work.

But - as you say - I'll go through your set up guide and just go one step at a time. I have installed the latest Baller Installer (Nov 23) and I've got a couple of my favourite VPX tables working with your amazing PupPack mod.

** IGNORE THIS QUESTION - done some Google-Foo and you can install AIO Installer over any prior install so it's answered - leaving it in just in case it helps someone else with the same query - Does your AIO installer supersede the baller installer? And is it safe to install on top? Or am I better just using your guide and leaving my current install alone? **

Thanks for your help - (and all you do for the community) - I was watching your new Jaws "Bigger Boat" table the other day and this set up is to mainly play that - things like having sand as the texture in the ball lanes etc - absolute genius. You're a mega talented bloke! Cheers :)

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs:
    gitrman has left the room.
    Hanga has left the room.
    dave01568 has left the room.
    servo192705 has left the room.
    djbarryfromicquk2 has left the room.
    obsidian1 has left the room.
    hendric has left the room.
    GeorgeH has left the room.
    Deeznutsnmuth has left the room.
    mbr has left the room.
    Ylliem has left the room.
    Rui3 has left the room.
    baliw has left the room.
    losthighway76 has left the room.
    Totevski72 has left the room.
    joeuro has left the room.
    oettmane has left the room.
    charly_ey has left the room.
    j24sailr has left the room.
    dwood has left the room.
    gregonitov has left the room.
    Drogo has left the room.
    SmashXD has left the room.
    mrdarc has left the room.
    butterface5000 has left the room.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: butterface5000 has left the room.
      Back