VP9 Rock-ola Flipperless Recreation Need help fixing "Wings" by "Rock-Ola Mfg. Corp. 1933". Not sure of table author,readme file wasn't uploaded at IRPinball,where I found the file...

1st2MprovFIRE!

Fixed the orig."Fire!" & "4 Roses" tables in '12
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
FIRE!
I know this file wasn't/isn't located here. But,that site seems to be lacking in traffic & I'm hoping for a solution as soon as is possible. I mean,I intend to request help there as well,if I can avoid joining to do so(I'm not creating a profile just to point-out a file there is defectively-designed & I seek a remedy to that)...

Anyway,as said,I found a flipper-less/bagatelle-type of table hosted on IRPinball that /may/ have been here at 1 time. As,it was uploaded to their site in 2019 & I know that flipperless authors tend to try & spread & share their tables anywhere possible. So,maybe a famous table author is familiar with this file,in that sense. In fact,it's possible someone well-known here has familiarity with the file I'm asking about,if they're into flipperless recreations. As,most flipperless tables are usually made by the same well-known creators & it seems they check-out ALL flipperless-designs they ever see. Even,if they don't have anything to do with the file. So,I think there's a VERY good chance a flipperless-fan/designer has played/noticed this file themselves & is familiar with it. That's,why I suspect it might be possible someone can help me out,here...

Anyway,if 1 tested this file themselves,they could see why I request help making it work properly. That is,the problem with the table,is that supposedly you add balls to the table by pressing "A",after pressing "S" for start. Which,the machine does seem to start-up properly. As,there's a sound to indicate so & you can activate the plunger properly. However,there is no result from pressing "A" after that & I don't even seem to hear any kind of sound to indicate the "A" button is being "recognized" by the script...

Which,means I mainly need help from someone that understands & can correct scripting errors. As,I believe that's why the "add-a-ball-to-playfield" script function may be incorrectly written. It's either that,or the kicker itself isn't performing properly...

In any case,looking at the table in the editor,the kicker /appears/ properly placed & it doesn't look like the cause is it's placement(unless,I'm over-looking something of that sort)...

Anyway,the person that uploaded to IRPinball was "Romolo" & it was sometime in 2019. If anyone knows them,please try & contact them regarding this. I will see what can be done at IRPinball next. But,I feel that with that site seemingly barely being supported anymore,it was best to start here,where support is plentiful & active...

I will attach the file,in case anyone can help by investigating it,themselves...

Attachments

• Wings Rock-Ola Mfg. Corp. 1933.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 2
Try that (and check your keyboard. As I have an AZERTY keyboard, I have to press Q instead of A).

Attachments

• Wings (Rock-Ola Mfg. Corp. 1933).vpt
    3.5 MB · Views: 2
Yes! Many thanks for fixing the script! I see the specific change you made that causes it to now work correctly(the original line 82 area)! Perhaps,if I had been more willing to alter/test things myself,I might've discovered the error,as well. However,I hesitate to alter anything in a script. Unless,I know /for sure/ what it will do & I figured that the ball-creation parts had been written properly-enough,that it was surely something else(I also didn't want to make things worse,by messing with it)...

But,to be honest,I /thought/ it was odd that "Ball=1" was missing between balls 0 & 3. I had just thought,that the lines 80 & 81 were satisfying the 1st ball creation & that there was a problem somewhere else,that was interfering w/ the ball not showing-up physically on the table. But,as mentioned,it did seem odd to me,that there wasn't a sound for pressing "A" to add a ball after starting-up the machine...

It always surprises me,when pinball/bagatelle tables aren't thoroughly tested before being uploaded to the 'net. In that way,I also had been thinking that the file would've certainly had such a simple thing like that corrected,by now. Which,is why I didn't think it so odd that line 82 read as it did...

I mean,it's crazy to think,that this file has been left in an incorrectly-scripted state since 2019!

But,again,I am EXTREMELY grateful that you helped me out & that you saved me some time with messaging back-&-forth,by sending a fixed file with your reply! And,although it was a simple fix that you could've guided me through,I still appreciate you saving us /both/ time,this way... ;)

I think I understand scripting a little better now & can likely fix any similar errors,when they're encountered in the future...

I want to especially thank you for the quick response & for helping-out even though the file came from another site. Maybe,now that it's fixed,someone with connections to IRPinball can inform & assist them with having a corrected file,in place of that not-properly-working 1. So that,no one else has this problem with the file/table...

Also,the file should be hosted here,as well,if possible. In case,there are those who would enjoy it. But,have no awareness of it's emulation if they don't go to that site. As,it's not on VPForums,either(I searched)...

Anyways,just thinking the table should be enjoyed by others,as much as possible. It's quite a unique design & flipperless fans should certainly not miss-out,again,now that it's fixed... :)

-In any case,Thanks for the help again & Take Care! :)

Just launch IRPinball and read the text that appears at the bottom...
I'm just an administrator and it's not my table. So, just Romolo can update his script.
Thanks for your kind words.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: paskite has left the room.
      Back